1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sims 4 Pets (In Works?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Machew, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Machew

Machew

Saw on the Site today that there was a new Pets survey for TS4. Including cats, dogs, and horses. What are your thoughts on the possible upcoming EP?

I personally don't see how horses are going to work in a mostly closed world. Especially since they need space to exercise and stuff. The idea of having puppies and kittens excite me though. With GTW you could run a pet shop. Or could your pets be in a club? I also want to see the return of small critters like Hamsters. Thoughts?

2. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

i donte see pets in clubs acully! Mayby being an option on club rules like playing with pets !It would be easy and everyone would be happy! with horses tehr also could do bigger! Going out for Riding

3. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

Yeah! i also donte get why everyone like that everyone is like the retail systhem is dump! its aculy good and way better than in sims 3! AND its not like ther did not wantet to gives us the sism 2 retail animations it was just not posible becaus sims 4 also has more details on stuff so tehr ned to be compromisses and aculy tehr do give ore detail into gameplay so i like to see what tehr can give us for pets

4. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

Pets sounds promising... and they have teased us in a way with tagging threads about toddlers on the main forum, and now this survey popped up about Pets. Perhaps those are the two expansion packs for 2016- Generations and Pets. Horses could work if they gave us a large community park neighborhood that was designed for horses. Maybe the neighborhood itself would be designed like an open pasture with stables and an equestrian-type of arena where our horses could race, as well as jump hurdles.

I personally want to see how dynamic the new CAP tool will be. And it would be incredible if they expanded the CAP beyond cats, dogs and horses. A tool as to where we could design interesting breeds of reptiles, rodents, birds, and mammals. And caged animals should have more interations rather than just "feed" and "watch".

As for careers- I would love to have an active vetrinarian career and grooming career. As well as the ability for our sims to run pet stores, as well as animal shelters.

jeLlyBeAn1573 likes this.
  5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I love pets, and am excited that they are unofficially confirming that it will happen in 4.

A few things I'm hopeful for off the top of my head:
    • We have a petstore like TS2 where there is a cat and dog station and we can go buy a pet and it will take us to CAP. It annoyed me so much in TS3 that this wasn't possible.
    • I'm also hopeful that we can run the petstore
    • Veterinarian Career
    • more interactions like cuddling on your sims lap while they watch tv.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I just read a comment in the news page from Alistair:
    "Alistair16 hours ago
    I think I can confidently claim that I am in the minority when I say this, but I really don't want horses in a pets pack.
    I want cats, dogs, reptiles, and rodents. What I class as proper domesticated pets that can live with a Sim in a house. I'd love the womrat to make a return.
    If they include horses, it should be in a farming type pack. Goodness knows players have been screaming for a farming pack for long enough. I could happily avoid them then.
    I'm not that fussed with pets having careers either. I played them in TS2 but it felt weird and I would much rather see the inclusion of dog and cat shows like in Unleashed instead. They were fun! There was something to aim for and an element of chance involved."

I loved horses in TS3, but I agree with him in that I think horses would do better in a farm/ ranch pack where a lot of things can be added with it... especially decor and additional animals. Horses might not be as much fun in a closed world... never know though. We'll have to wait and see..
    I also did not utilize the career system in TS2. I did however, compete in the shows. It makes more sense.
    More definitely needs to be done with the rodents/reptiles as well!
    I am reserving my judgement on these until we know more, but as of right now, I'm not very excited about these features.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Well if they are going to do a Pets we should be also be able to get toddlers. I deffinatly think Pets will come to the sims 4 soon.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  8. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Agreed! :)

Horses should come again in The Sims 4 in a farm pack along with sheep, cows, goats, etc. :) I see pets as dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and rodents, not horses like they were in The Sims 3 :)

I like some of the ideas for The Sims 4 Pets, but, I'd like to see more than just the ones that have been listed. If rabbits make an appearance, I'd definitely like to see hutches and runs for them to use and would also love to see pets be able to have careers as well :)

Matthew.

9. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

A Hamster ball would be super cute!

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  10. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I too am looking forward to pets, and I hope that the horses return. I never got to play them in Sims 3. Many people don't see the point without an open world, but I think that will be a bonus. It will prevent the routing issues, and the horses can have their own park and a track

I would love to create a "derby" type family and have them raise prize race horses, a "Run for the roses" type story. This is my wish for the pets pack. How about all of you? Do you have any particular stories you are waiting to play out with pets?

ShaylaJ and MiffoShort1997 like this.