1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Skills from TS3 you'd like to see in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Sep 21, 2014.

1. benji_br

benji_br

I'm one of those players who really play around skills in The Sims, so I can't wait to see what we'll get in future packs. Programming and mischief are my two favorites from the new ones.

But I'm sure they'll bring some of those from TS3 back. I'm really hoping they'll include Martial Arts, Street Art, Sculpting and Photography, as well as the Bass and Drums (and more band options!). Also, I'd love to see the Dancing/Ballet skill from the Store getting a proper treatment for TS4.

What about you guys? What skills from TS3 you'd like to see in the new game?

Meka3514 likes this.
  2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I'd love to see some of the skills make a return that allow you to create things. Such as sculpting and inventing.
    I would also like to see the singer career come back, but as a normal skill this time around. It kind of was a hidden skill in Showtime that would level up via the karaoke machine, but it would nice if it would work like the instruments in Sims 4, where you unlock new genres with new levels and gain the ability to write your own songs. I was actually hoping for it to be in the base game when I first saw the microphone. Was a bit disappointing to hear that it's only there for the comedy skill.

Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I never liked the photography skill! I liked that you could put the pictures you take and hang them on the wall though, but having to build that skill? Blech!
    Yeah I'd like the "Form a Band" thing to resurface- that was always fun!
    Hey speaking of Dancing- you know how cool it would be to have a career available for becoming a ballerina??! Ooh or have Broadway?! Sorry I'm digressing!!
    I'd love to see the return of inventing- can you imagine what SimBot would look like? And I mean come on! SimBot(/Servo) has been around since the beginning! They can't lose him!!!!

Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

Yes, I vote for a Dancer career!

And I'm sure they'll bring robots back sometime in the future ;) Perhaps not as soon as Supernatural stuff, but that's definetely happening. Like you said, they've been there since the first The Sims!

5. DerMonarch

He just HAS to come back! I was severely disappointed that he never made a return in Sims 3. I get that the SimBots were supposed to be Servo Prototypes and that the PlumBots are his successors, but come on, Servo is iconic! He can't just be replaced by some other robots. That's as if you'd replace Bonehilda with a regular living maid that lives in your cupboard. I'd love to be able to build him as part of an inventing skill, though. It just shouldn't be the only way to get him.

6. benji_br

benji_br

Speaking of Bonehilda, I'm really glad they never made cleaning into a skill again! Hehe that would be booooooring.

uhleeshuh and Meka3514 like this.
  7. Meka3514

Meka3514

I'd love to see Scuba Diving skill come back. I don't remember what expansion pack in TS3 that enabled Sims to swim in the ocean, but the water / graphics in Sims 4 look so amazing. I want my Sims to be able to swim in that water lol.

8. doll

doll

Nectar making! I'd love to see that return.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  9. DerMonarch

Oh yeah, that's a skill that should burn in the deepest pits of hell, if you ask me! Whoever at Maxis came up with the idea of a cleaning skill in Sims 1 must be a very very hateful person...
    Then on the other side, whoever is responsible for removing that skill in Sims 3 should be named duke or duchess of some small piece of land in Britain. I'm sure they've still got some titles left to give away.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  10. benji_br

benji_br

Haha I laughed so hard. Couldn't agree more!