1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepovers....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabe, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gabe

Gabe

Okay, what the heck is going on with sleepovers? Option is only available on a Sim with a high romantic level? Then, the option only appears at certain times? Lastly, when they sleepover they might as well be on a stimulant because they're up all night... Good grief! For a Social/emotionally inclined game this should be a whole lot more streamlined and available. Reference: Sims3. Anyone have any ideas?

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Is it Sleep over or "Stay the Night"

Seems like a major difference to me?

This is the base game, a lot of those features are often omitted and maybe added later.

3. Gabe

Gabe

Hmm, good question, think it's sleepover...but I could be wrong. I hope "This is the base game" seems to be a very popular excuse for some very basic features that should be in the game. I've played since The Sims , and while I think Sims4 could be fantastic, my experience in playing the game is that it seems to be the most stripped base game of the series I have played. P.S. If it's stay the night, why does the option (as a social feature) only appear with my Sims love interest. This feature seems to be buggy or poorly conceptualized right now. Wouldn't want to hang with my good friends over night I guess?

4. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

First of all, it takes A LOT of effor to make a complex game like The Sims, whateevr you think

Second of all, they had to cut corners, they always have to do, yes, a lot of people are disappointed but at least they are giving us three content packs for free regardless of their actual intentions.

Third of all, Sleeovers in terms of a party like in Generations has never been in the base game, A lot of stuff that "should" be in the base game isn't.

5. Gabe

Gabe

I wouldn't call pools and the extended clothes "content packs," (personally) and really, in Sims3 the "stay the night" option is merely a action you can perform once you're friendly enough with another sim. This isn't a separate party, like I said, the function in one form exists in Sims4, but it shows up in seemingly random times with unidentifiable requirements. Obviously it was coded into the game, why it is coded in a seemingly ridiculous way makes no sense to me. I understand it takes a lot of effort to make a game (as much as a consumer can) I also know they are charging (retail) a handsome price for their work too. In reality, we'll just have to agree to disagree, and I'll be left to hope they work out the function of inviting a Sim friend to simply stay/sleep the night at your place in a manner that makes some degree of sense.

6. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I agree to disagree.

But something to keep in mind regarding price is that unlike most games, you get the what you paid for later, and that does not include expansions or other paid DLCs.

In case of Sims 3, the game kept on adding new stuff into the base game with elements from other expansions.

However, maybe what you are describing IS a bug, and you could try reporting it? or asking a Guru. They respond, especially on twitter.

7. Gabe

Gabe

Outside of Twitter where might one try to report it? I don't have an account (nor do I want one) also, what have been your experiences with stay then night/sleepover? DO you get the option for every Sim you befriend?

8. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I find that option rather irrelevant to my gameplay as my sims are exhausted by that time and currently all have girlfriends and boyfriends/marriages anyway.

However, official Forums and the Answer HQ are good places to report bugs.