1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow mouse

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by andypdm, Sep 6, 2014.

1. andypdm

andypdm

Hello everyone!

This is my first of hopefully many posts!

I am having an issue with the mouse as it seems to work very slow. It already happened in the CAS Demo and I hoped it was going to be OK with the game. Basically it slow when moving or clicking, it seems it takes a while for the game to process the click. I play in ULTRA level settings and the game runs perfectly, it is just the bloody click!

Is this happening to anyone else? Any solutions?

Thank you!

My computer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G371PE4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Toshiba Qosmio X70-A-12W 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M , Windows 8.1)

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Are all your hardware drivers up to date? And does it happen in all the game settings, or just ultra?

3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Does it happen ALL the time or act up every now and then?

4. Naria

Naria

This happens to me on occasion, as well. The demo it happened all the time because I was playing it on High/Ultra, in the game now I have stuff on a mixture of Low/Medium settings and it still does it periodically, just not as much as when it was on Ultra. So my suggestion would be to try to turn your settings down to High and see if that makes any difference at all. Of course, it certainly looks like your laptop would be able to perform on Ultra fine but with Sims, you know... the strangest stuff just happens sometimes.

5. andypdm

andypdm

I think it's just me getting used to the new control and cameras lol but I did try with other settings. Still the same feeling. But now that I've been playing longer I don't notice it as much.

I'm just to play in a very fast pace and the sims 4 is slower than the other sims as they focus more on emotions and so on.

Thanks everyone

6. Jarron

Jarron

you can set the camera controls to sims 3 style too, if you need.