1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

So... Pools!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Oct 2, 2014.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Yes, this is happening and soon!

Ok, so, what are you guys expecting?

I imagine it will be some sort of "base game" kind of pool, meaning that we will probably get more interactions with it in future EPs. Do you think we're gonna get diving boards right away?

And drowning is back! Now we just need to know if it will be old school "remove the ladder" horror or if it's going to be like in TS3. I'm voting for the first option - not only because TS4 is all about going back to the classics, but because it sounds to me like it takes less time to design that =P

What do you guys think?

thatsimsgirl likes this.
  2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I think it's going to be a very basic kind of pool, like in the Sims 3 basegame. We know that the engine didn't support underground levels shortly before release, so they've only had about 2 months to work on them. While that is quite a lot of time, animations take a while, especially when they change with emotions. So I wouldn't expect too much, but it's prette much impossible for these pools to offer less gameplay than the Sims 3 basegame pools, so yeah.
    As for drowning, I hope they won't die just because you take out the ladder. That's not really what I would call smarter Sims... :D

3. Meka3514

Meka3514

I agree with DerMonarch, that it will probably be a very basic kind of pool. I don't mind basic....I'm just happy pools are coming back. If we can throw pool parties, that'll be so cool, and provide more gameplay party options. Oh, & I can't wait to see what they come up with for Swimwear attire!!!

4. elsing

elsing

I would rather have curved pool features than diving boards. I'm happy to wait if that's what they are planning.

htairchix and thatsimsgirl like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

Goodness, it didn't occur to me that we'd be getting swimwear =O (I know it's logic, but I'm sorry, I just didn't think of it hehe). One more thing to look forward to!

thatsimsgirl and Meka3514 like this.
  6. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

What I'm EXPECTING to be in there.
    Like DerMonarch said, I'm expecting a very basic kind of pool. Ladder, pool lights, POSSIBLY curved edges... but I'm not sure about that one... curved pools weren't added in until a lot later with TS3, after all. And I'm with you, Benji; I didn't even THINK about swimwear until I read your post!

What I'd love down the track.
    Pool parties, pool toys (noodles, floaties, rubber rings, inflatables...) Arm bands/water wings/float vests/rings as wearables for the kids Maybe a new interaction that allows parents/older siblings/adults to teach kids how to swim. If we ever do get toddlers down the line, I'd love to have those little floaty-seats that you put toddlers in, in pools... Oh, and OVERGROUND POOLS! Both the little kids paddling pool and the full-sized overground pools that you get.

What I'd be happy with next month.
    A freakin' hole in the ground with water in, cos POOLS! Even if they just released the absolute basic square/rectangle pool with a simple ladder to get in and out, I'd be happy. They could still add to it down the line, like they did with TS3, so anything they give us next month will be just fine with me!

7. benji_br

benji_br

Agreed =D

8. Harry

Harry

I think we will get basic pools too. But I think that we will get curved pools and maybe a diving board or at least more interactions in the pool than the Sims 3 Base game had. I also think that they have been working on pools for longer than 2 months, it probably took them a while to overcome the issues of digging underground. Another route they could have gone is giving us above ground pools only which I would be fine with. But yeah, that's my 2 cents. I also think that the first EP may have something that will add to pools, but only time will tell :)

htairchix and benji_br like this.
  9. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

Well... I'm expecting every single feature of pools, including those from expansion packs in TS3. :p
    Who knows? :D

10. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

That will happen eventually, I'm sure, but we have to remember that this IS still just a base game; go back to TS3 base game pools, and look at how basic they were. No curves, no pool bars, no slides... just your basic pool. I'm sure those things will come in time, but next month? I really doubt they'd give it all to us in one go.
    I don't want them to give us all the bells and whistles straight away anyway. I'd prefer that they held a few things back, so we can get a vacation/island paradise EP somewhere down the line. ;)

MidnightPearl likes this.