1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Spa Day - First impressions and favourite features

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Spa Day' started by DerMonarch, Jul 14, 2015.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

So, now that Spa Day has been released and everyone is able to play around with it, I want to know everyone's first impressions and what features you liked the most so far.

Personally, I was sceptical about this pack pretty much up until release, because I was one of the people who were really impressed by the size of Outdoor Retreat. And I felt like nothing we were told before release could live up to Outdoor Retreat's level of content.
    Now that I am able to explore the game, I must say, I am impressed! The amount of Build/Buy-content is incredibly large and can even compete with some full-blown expansions of the past.
    The gameplay seems to be pretty involved, though I still have to play around with that some more, as I have barely seen any of the interactions.

My favourite feature so far, as I had expected, is Yoga. There are tons of poses, even for Sims with barely any Wellness skill and the animations are beautifully done. The Yoga classes look especially great and they are actually really crowded.

What are your first impressions, opinions and favourite features?

Esnes Nommoc, missmf2 and Kit like this.
  2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

As I am writing up on part of the guide, I have come to realize that the content not only is the content a wider variety than that of Outdoor Retreat, but it can be used in a variety of ways. The world Granite Falls and related content was very focused on the idea of playing your Sims on vacation, outdoors, and collections. While that's wonderful, the content in The Sims 4: Spa Day is very flexible (lol yoga) and can be used in your Sim's everyday life to improve the overall game. Both of them are amazing for their content, and I am completely satisfied paying the game pack fee for this amount of content.

Favorite features? The yoga classes. Hands down! Just watching my sim come one with her inner self and gracefully pose has made me happy. Oh, and she looks so crazy pampered right now. The animations are delightful!

benji_br likes this.
  3. Harry

Harry

I haven't had time to play around with it too much but I have noticed the sims 4 team has added back the really funny and awesome item descriptions. Also yoga is awesome :) a cute little detail: my you instructors husband was doing the class and after it ended he kissed her on the cheek :) that's one of the great things in the sims 4 like in the sims 2. The sims feel like real people at times. It's great :)

Kit likes this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

Yoga classes are awesome! I love how sims with lower skills are always trying to catch up and end up falling behind. It's a nice little touch as well =) Feels more realistic.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I love this pack! I love the item descriptions, the yoga, the massages, the animations - everything! But my favorite is the overall theme of the objects... I don't really know how to explain it.

I'm a DIY Network junkie and love Yard Crashers and I hate my Yard shows and stuff. They make such beautifully landscaped yards that the items in this pack have made my sim's backyard a paradise! I love that they can go outside and do yoga in front of the water feature and the beautiful sitting are with a fire pit and hot tub in the background.

I hope they bring in more flower/ shrub types in the future, but I'm very very happy right now! :D

missmf2 likes this.
  6. tlprice

tlprice

I'm absolutely loving all the new build and decor objects. But, I would have to say, the thing I love most is definitely the yoga. It did take me a little time to figure out how to get a class on my EPIC spa build, I needed the instructor mat I completely missed. I love that when the sims place the mats from inventory, their not straight. If only I could get everyone to face foreword in class, I would be all set.

7. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

You can place the Yoga mats for the Sims participating in your class yourself inside of the big footprint of the teacher's mat. That way Sims won't have to set them up themselves and you can determine yourself in which direction they should look.

8. tlprice

tlprice

Thanks. I went back into my build and noticed the last row was only partially in the area.

9. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I really like the spa building. Theres nothing to dislike about this pack.