1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

(Speculation) - One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure (Toddlers and Generations)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnBigOz, Aug 31, 2014.

1. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

So I've been thinking this for a very long time and never found a decent (*cough* safe *cough*) place to actually voice it. Twitter's 140 limit is just not enough ;)

Anyway. We are all going to be on some level missing toddlers, even I, but I actually think this is a good thing tbh.

Assuming the devs decide to bring them back (even via a paid expansion pack) then people might need to realize it poses a very interesting opportunity.

I remember watching Lifesimmer and she mentioned something that never dawned on me before. She remarked that "she wished Toddlers could interact with one another" and then I thought

In both Sims 2 and 3, what exactly CAN they do? Other than being a nuisance to take care off. I mean you had those xylophones and that talking creepy rabbit and everything. But that was it. You could maybe attack them with a claw but they were always a background thing. They were, quite frankly. Boring. Although there was a great dela of satisfaction when they finally got potty trained.

I think with the exclusion of toddlers in Sims 4, the devs can actually EXPAND their roles and make them even MORE interesting to play as. They could have a unique one off aspiration to get the basic skills (Potty, Walking, Talking) but be able to interact with one another, and just, have more to do. The devs would technically have more time to focus on that if they brought a new version of Generations.

They coudl also add "Teens".. but that's just wishful thinking ;).. I think they should add a shorter sims to be Teens and the current Teens made into "Students" for University, because they way Sims 2 handled University was 100% better than Sims 3. It was fun in Sims 3, but from a game's point of view it was rather pointless to send a young adult sim to study to get their degree that virtually didn't do anything for several reasons.

Anyway, I had to get this stuff out in the open for some reason xD this forum is great,

What do you guys think?

2. George

George

I agree with everything you have said. Everyone screaming and shouting that they want toddlers have no idea that if Maxis bring them out later they could make them so much better, after all they said this game is about the Sims themselves. If toddlers could interact between each-other that would make them a lot more fun to play with. I remember Graham saying that they could make shorter teens and call them pre-teens so that could be cool :D Sims 3 University was a let down, I hated how you chose a room and you could still see the other rooms that Sims in the dorm had, that's a personal preference but i'm sure some other people hated it too :p

MidnightPearl likes this.
  3. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

My problem with Sims 3 Uni was it practically did nothing but make the game worse from a gameplay perspective. Ok, that's bit out there.

But, the overall concept of University in Sims 3 was to spend about 1.5k of your Simoleons on a degree you wouldn't even finish in the first go (don' think that's even remotely possible unless you are halfway through your own skills and careers). Makes the degree pretty much obselete.

Not to mention the cliques weren't that fun anyway.

4. George

George

Yep and I guess because so many fans were requesting it they didn't put as much effort into it as they knew people were going to buy it. Now thinking about it, uni life is one of the expansion packs i wish I never bought. Only thing i use it for now is the build/buy stuff

5. That's true, we can only hope that they put 100% into making expansion packs like University for The Sims 4 playable.

6. benji_br

benji_br

This is something I have been thinking about lately. The devs know that they can't just bring toddlers back, they have to make a decent comeback, you know?

As for the teens, I believe what you mean is what we have been talking about as "pre-teens" =) And I'm with you on that!

Maybe they could be childish but already have more mature whims (and by mature I mean responsible and ambitious). I believe that would actually add a lot of options for us storytellers.

Janerz365 likes this.
  7. Cate

Cate

I would love to see basements, pools, and toddlers all together. I completely agree about the toddlers being annoying. After a few 'sim hours' I would cheat and age them up to kids anyways.

Affiner likes this.
  8. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Chances are that basements and pools will likely be added the same way that basements were added in World Adventures, for free via patch, a feature people clarly seem to eb forgetting exists (basements, swimming in the ocean, muscle sliders, ability to pre-make creature etc. were all added for free to vanilla game via a patch). Toddlers are a question mark give how important they are, so I doubt we'll see them free.

SimfulSimmer likes this.
  9. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

That is a very strong point of view and you've made me view this in a different way. I thank you for that.

I totally agree with what you have to say - Toddlers were a nuisance but they were an addition to a family that will forever be missed, but if the developers wanted to focus more on some other fantastic aspect of the game, then I think I can live with not having that little nuisance.

However I think having the babies as pure objects was a wrong decision.

Affiner likes this.
  10. sholtx

sholtx

I hope I can say it here without getting flagged. Quite frankly, I'm more than okay with toddlers not being in the base game. I was upset when I first saw the news but then I realized I never play with them. In TS3, when a baby is born, I just use cheats and make them grown up into children. They are nothing but annoying little things that wake you up every night. It's just my point though.