1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Innis Legacy

Discussion in 'Stories and Legacies' started by Kit, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Table of Contents

First Generation - Abigail Innis
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 1

The lady stepped her heel out onto the sidewalk. Surely this couldn't the place. It was nearly barren, a field of grass empty for this trailer of a house with gray panel siding and chipped silver windowsills.

"It's ... small." She muttered to herself, the edge of her lips curling into a snarl. She was tense, shoulders rolling up against neck. "Ugh..." She managed out, slamming the taxi door closed.

The dirt path up to the door was overgrown with weeds, but at least it was short grass and the land was large. Only one large tree was nearby to offer shade to the front door. Abigail placed the key into the lock and turned it. Ah, so nice to have locks on her door. For some reason, she hadn't ever noticed them until now.

The door opened and immediately, she could smell the cleaning supplies. The kitchen she walked into was immaculate! It nearly lifted her heart into happiness to see such a clean and shining kitchen. A big grin swept over her face as she stepped in, her jean jacket and short skirt rustling against the cramped entranceway.

A few more steps and she explored the rest of the room. Simple, a living room with a couch and an easel, her bedroom with a single twin bed, and a bathroom with the basics. Well, at least the movers got exactly what she wanted in here. The bill was on the table. All of her Simoleons had already been transferred from her account.

She let out a sigh. It was better than where she came from at least... Newcrest was a brand new town still building up houses, businesses, and trees. Folding up the easel and taking it outside, she breathed in the heavy humid air from the canal. Plopping it down, she brought out her brush and took a good look at the house. It was time to begin her masterwork.

08-08-15_6-26 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

I LOVE it @Kit :)

Your authors note was just - jaw dropping :eek: I feel bad for the husbands...
    Generation 1 is great!! :) Everything is so well written and the way you describe the scene and character is so clear and charming. It's like you've put a door to your story and we're able to enter it and can visually see what is happening :)

I am also really liking Abigail's character. She and her personality remind me of a character I created in my stories called Romania Celrik :) I love Abigail's character. She's so interesting and I know there's a lot more too her!!

I can't wait to see your next part :)

Matthew. "reason for edit - Spelling mistake :)"

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Kit likes this.
  3. Simmer517

Simmer517

Great story. I love it!

Kit likes this.
  4. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 2

Abigail watched as the trucks rolled by. They were large U-Hauls. A Sim would think that they carried the whole building inside of them! Another sigh escaped her lips as she stood up from her lawn chair. Just down the street she could hear the whooping of a couple of children at the park and sometimes she would stroll on by to watch them so carefree. Her neighborhood was still very quaint but these children must have come across the bridge to enjoy the fresh air.

The woman began her walk. The air was chilly and could only be described as the very first breezes of autumn nipping at your nose. It made her smile a little. Two boys and a girl were playing on the jungle gym. One of them were pointing and laughing at an adult waving their arms menacingly and kraken-like. An adorable sight. But one woman didn't seem to be enjoying the view.

Abigail approached the park table and slipped in, folding her skirt underneath her upper thighs. "Are you alright?" She raised an eyebrow, observing the dark haired woman frowning at the children.

08-08-15_6-36 AM.png

"Yeah. I'm fine." The woman grunted, shaking her head, then realizing how rude she was, she turned to Abigail and apologized quickly. "I... Oh, man, I'm sorry."

Abigail waved the rudeness away with a pleasant grin. "No! Don't worry about it! Hi, I'm Abigail. Some people call me Abby..." She leaned in closer, giving a small playful smirk. "... but they don't live very long."

The woman blinked at her, eyes widened, then she gave out a loud laugh. Her hand jolted out to Abigail's shoulder and brushed over it, another wiping a tear of joy away from her cheek. "Oh, that's great! Ha ha... thanks... I needed that laugh." After another boisterous chuckle, she offered a handshake. "Hi. I'm Suzanne. Suzanne Worley. I live across the bridge."

Abigail gave a nod. "I can see that. Not many houses have been built around here yet."

"That's because not all of us can afford the luxury of living in Newcrest! You must be the cat's meow, huh?" Suzanne slipped a shoulder bump to her new friend with a giggle.

Abigail smiled. It was the first time she had actually talked to anyone since her move. "Yeah... Well, my family inheritance bought me the land." In response to Suzanne's raised eyebrow, she stammered. "Not much though! Just, you know, just enough."

"Hey now, if you don't want to tell people you're Miss Moneybags, I won't tell!" Suzanne tossed her hands up in a joking manner. "As long as you slip a little Simoleon my way here and there..." Another joke. They were hitting it off!

They sat there for about half an hour talking about the neighborhood gossip. Before long, Suzanne stood up and put her hands on her hips. "You know what we should do? We should go out clubbing sometime. Have you been to Willow Creek yet?" Abigail shook her head so she continued. "Well, it's a bit of a backwater town, kinda rural, but it's got a few good places to check out. One of them is The Blue Velvet nightclub. You in?"

08-08-15_6-39 AM.png

Abigail considered the thought. Sure, it was nice to meet this new woman, but could she really trust her? Then again, she hadn't been out of her house except for meeting her agent for negotiations. Finally, Suzanne gave a snap of her fingers.

"Hey, Moneybags, you with me?" It was a genuine concern in her eyes, so Abigail gave a reassuring smile and nodded. "Yeah. I think that sounds like fun. But only if you don't call me that." She pointed out. Both of them had a chuckle and both of them waved their goodbyes.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  5. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 3

The place was pretty dull. Abigail flipped her hair over her shoulder and gave a sight, sideglancing Suzanne as she took another sip of her drink. "So... this is... something!" Abigail smiled nervously. Her friend shifted with a sigh and looked over to the radio blaring music.

"It blows!" Suzanne exclaimed, then jumped up from her seat with a frown. "Maybe we should just head out? I really doubt this place is going to get much better... We could hang out at my place?" She turned her brown eyes down to Abigail and gave a hopeful raise of her eyebrow, but Abigail just shrugged. "Ya know, or maybe your place?"

Abigail quickly shook her head and waved a hand in front of her. "No no no! I don't think that'd be a good idea." Suzanne seemed a bit taken back by the sudden refusal, and hung her head for a moment before Abigail put her hands on her shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about it. Let's just go over there." She pointed off to a lounge where a few guys were sitting and watching sports on the television.

Suzanne frowned. "What is it with men watching the television all the time?" Abigail laughed and retorted amusedly. "If they had public computers around here, they'd be on that more likely! Then there's no getting through to them." She elbowed Suzanne to cheer her friend up, then sashayed her hips towards the men on the couch.

"Hey, guys." Abigail greeted with a smile and a wave, glancing over to the television. "Who's winning?"

"The llamas of course!" A man replied, motioning for her to come sit down. He gave her a playful smirk as she posed a hand on her hip. "But you know, I think I'm winning a bit more than them right now. What's your name?"

Abigail plopped down on the couch next to him and grabbed a bowl of nacho chips from the table, continuing to chat with him about the game on the TV. Suzanne stared at them for a while, then walked out the door.

6. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 4

The next day, Abigail lay resting on her bed. She glanced to the clock on the wall, the ticking loudly with every shift of the hand. It had been an easy night of watching the game and eating nachos. He had even put his hand around her shoulder, but she shrugged him off playfully. He wasn't that bad of a guy actually, Abigail thought to herself as she pulled out her phone into her hands. Her finger scrolled down the rather short list of names until she found Suzanne's. Just under it, Ty.

Ty Hewitt, that was his name. A small smile formed on her lips as she hovered her thumb over the Call button, then she lifted it to touch Suzanne's instead.

"Hello?" Suzanne gruffly answered, obviously not in a good mood.

"Hey..." Abigail drew a short breath, calming herself. "Sorry, I kinda lost you last night. I got... distracted."

"It's fine. Whatever Moneybags." Suzanne grunted, then her tone changed. "Would you like to hang out again tonight?"

Abigail considered the thought, glancing across her bedroom to the unfinished painting and mess of color decorating the canvas. "Um... Actually, would you like to come over? I need to finish a painting while I still have the thought in my head."

There was a pause on the other end of the line, so long that Abigail took a moment to pull the phone away and ensure they were still in a call. "Sure." Suzanne finally agreed. "I'll bring the fruitcake."

"No no! You don't have t-" Too late as the phone ended the call from the other line. Abigail gave a grunt, sat up, and rushed to get dressed for the day.

The day was spent with Suzanne. Abigail successfully avoided the fruitcake, setting it on her table and leading her friend into her bedroom where the easel and paints were.

"Wow, that's... um. Great?" Suzanne attempted with an awkward smile, but Abigail just laughed and showed her the previous paintings she had made.

"Not the best quality, but I really hope to be able to start selling to the Museum for some good profit soon!" She excitedly explained, then motioned for Suzanne to sit on her bed. "You'd be a great model you know. Why don't you let me paint you!" Suzanne adjusted her sweater and wiped her bangs from her brow.

"You really think so?" She gave a genuine smile now, nearly blushing before sitting down on the bed as directed and placing her hands in her lap. "Well, who am I to tell you what you can and cannot paint," she laughed. Abigail scrapped her painting, setting the canvas aside and began anew, this time with her best friend as the subject.

7. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 5

Abigail didn't hear from Ty until later that week. A rap on her door startled Abigail, the paint sweeping across the canvas and her once beautiful painting ruined. She frowned at it sadly, then approached the door. "Oh!" She exclaimed, rushing herself to the bathroom to primp up her hair. "Coming!" She shouted down the hallway, then ran to the door to open it.

Ty stood outside with that same confident smirk he had on when he first met her. "Hey. Glad to see you." He was rather simple, wearing a baseball hat and a denim shirt. Abigail smiled. She liked simple.

She allowed him in and he took a look around the kitchen. The drywall had been stripped, visible strips nailed into the bearings. "Huh." He pursed his lips. "Not very homey, huh?"

Abigail waved it away. "Just renovating..." She shrugged.

The two of them talked over a few grilled cheese sandwiches, then went into the living room to watch some TV. It was a rather lackluster event until he slipped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him. His nose touched her ear as he whispered various amount of compliments of her floral scented yellow hair.

It wasn't long until he pressed his lips to hers. She smiled and kissed him back. The two of them lost their senses in the moment and found themselves recovering from a bout of WooHoo in her bed. He pulled her close and kissed the top of her head tenderly.

"I have to get back to work... I'd love to see you again." He cooed. Abigail swooned and nuzzled him softly before he left. She was over the moon. A hand on her heart, she swayed and daydreamed of Ty's company.

Throughout the week, they texted and chatted on the phone. Work for him was busy, and Abigail found her groove with new inspiration of her paintings. Newcrest wasn't so bad after all, she thought to herself, another sweep of her brush. Not at all.

8. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 6

Abigail looked into the mirror. Her face was worn, large dark bags under her eyes as she stared. Her skin was paler than normal, perhaps even a little green. Why had she let this happen? Her large lips frowned deeper as she placed her right hand onto her navel. How could she let it?

Without warning, she convulsed again, curling herself over the toilet and gripping the seat as her stomach heaved out the remains of her breakfast. It was true, and the doctor had confirmed it. She was pregnant... and there was only one man that she had been with. Her mind raced back to Ty's advances, then she felt the green wash over her face again. What was he going to say?!

Abigail picked up the phone and tapped the call button. Better to get it over with now..., she thought to herself, then took a toothbrush to her teeth quickly. "I can do this." She encouraged her reflection, but it frowned back at her.

"Heyo!" Ty answered. There were voices in the background, but Abigail couldn't make them out.

"Hey... Ty." She started hesitantly, let out a sigh. "We need to talk, can you come over tonight?"

"I thought you'd never ask! I'll be right over!" The phone hung up without another word. Abigail stared at the screen of his picture and goofy smile.

09-13-15_12-27 PM-2.png

About an hour later, the doorbell rang. Ty stood on the doorstep, glancing around the front yard. She opened it and greeted him with a hug and kiss.

"Hey, honey." He wrapped his arms around her and tugged her into the living room to drop onto the couch lackidastically. Both of them cuddled for a moment of silence, his lips kissing her neck and hands caressing her sides with comfort. "You don't look like you feel good. What's wrong?" His head tilted to the side, getting a clear view of Abigail's expression.

"Well..." She started, fingers nervously wringing around his shirt. "You know how you said someday you wanted kids-"

His face went white, then a very wide smile spread across his face as he bounced her in his arms. "No way! Seriously! Hell yeah!" He started covering her in a barrage of kisses over her cheeks, forehead, and chin. "You're serious?!" He nearly yelled in excitement.

"Yeah." She gave a little bit of an awkward eyebrow, then she smiled in return of his contagous emotional outburst. "Yeah, I am."

"Well how long?! What is it?! Woman! Tell me!" He screeched, clutching her tighter. "Oh Abigail!" Then he pulled away, eyes widening. "Where's it going to live?"

The question hit her hard. "Where's it going to live?" Her smile instantly dropped as she repeated the inquiry. "Um. Well, I hadn't thought about it. Not yet." Ty blinked at her, then just smiled even more. "Hey, why don't we just get married."

"What?!" It was Abigails turn to cry out. "We can't just get married... I mean, that's not how I pictured it. What do you think we can just do, go to City Hall and elope?"

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow, then pulled her close and rubbed her stomach tenderly. "I'll take care of you. Neither of you will ever have any problems. I promise. We'll make each other so happy."

Abigail considered this man's personality traits. He was a decently cheerful man that loved the outdoors and just couldn't get enough of listening to music. Nothing really to hate about him. "I don't even know what you're job is..." She wondered out loud to him.

"Oh that's easy. I'm a super secret agent. Can't tell anyone though. Top secret stuff." He winked then pecked a kiss on her lips. She couldn't tell if he was joking or not, then she just shrugged it off and found herself a comfortable position laying against his chest.

"But seriously, don't tell anyone." He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow with concern. Well, there were worse people she could marry.

JackieGoOutside likes this.
  9. Kit

Generation 1
    Abigail Innis - Part 7
    Everything was black. She shifted uneasily, every footfall uncertain along the rough edge of the hallway carpet. "Ty... are we almost there? I don't really think this is safe..." She murmured quietly, both hands wrapping around her stomach tenderly.

He swayed to the side, guiding the woman with her back to his chest, hands wrapped around her eyes. "Not yet. Just a few more steps though! We're almost there... you're going to love it!" Abigail gave an uneasy purse of her lips, frowning just slightly, but she allowed him to continue guiding her around the house. Finally they stopped and she could hear the click of a light switch near her left ear.

"Now?" She asked again with a hint of irritation.

"Now!" Ty threw his arms open. A wash of light and colors nearly blinded her. Blinking quickly, she saw the freshly painted room... and pink! It was pink! Abigail could hardly contain her excitement.

09-08-15_12-09 PM.png

"A girl?!" She exclaimed, rushing to the crib to look inside. The mobile spun softly with small celestial ornaments, fairy pillows tilted gently on the sides of the pink-ribboned crib. Ty couldn't help but laugh excitedly and clap his hands together.

"A girl!" He repeated for her. "That's what the doctor said!" Both of them wrapped their arms around each other into a tight embrace. A girl, she thought to herself and nuzzled her nose into his neck. She was having a girl.

---​

The next few months were wrapped up into their new lives. Ty entered a few video game tournaments and Abigail lost herself in her painting. Both of them were content to stay at home in each other's company, except for work of course. Ty would disappear for a day or two at a time for his job, however, Abigail found herself completely fine without his company. Sometimes, she just needed alone time.

One day the phone rang. It was Suzanne. Abigail stared at it a moment, she had nearly forgot she even had a friend let alone someone that would call her.

"Hello?" She answered nervously.

Suzanne replied back in a playful tone. "Hey! Long time, no see Moneybags!"

"Oh. I guess so. I'm sorry I haven't called." The blonde shook her head and planted her palm into her face. What was she thinking?

Her friend gave a scoff. "Hey, I bet you're just busy. Why haven't you two been out lately anyways? Cooped up and enjoying your honeymoon for the last eight months I bet!"

Abigail glanced to the calendar at her side. Yeah, it had been eight months since they had spoken to each other. "Wow, time just... really has flown by." There was silence on the other end, waiting, and Abigail wrinkled her nose with disdain. Masking her annoyance well enough, she chimed in. "Would you like to hang out or something at the park?"

"Heck yeah!" Suzanne cheered. "I'll see ya there, okay? Don't bother with the ball and chain either. I bet he's just busy playing games or something." Abigail gave a nervous chuckle and politely hung up. After a moment of consideration, she walked into the living room where surely enough, Ty was at his computer.

09-08-15_12-51 PM-2.png

"Huh?" He twisted his head, switching his computer to another screen quickly. He gave her a large smile as he watched her waddle closer. "You two look beautiful..." He cooed softly.

"Yeah... thanks." She smiled, then leaned forward to look over his shoulder. Both hands placed on his upper arms, giving a soft massage. "So what are you working on now?"

"Oh you know, just some sports game. You probably wouldn't really even care about it." He shrugged it off.

"Well, I'm going out to see Suzanne and-"

"What? Why?" He twisted around to look at her.

She gave a shrug. "Why not? Is there a reason I shouldn't go see my best friend?"

He scoffed. "Some best friend. She never even comes to visit you... I wouldn't bother with her."

She brushed off his statements and grabbed her phone from the couch. "Oh, don't be that way. Suzanne is fine. I honestly don't even think she knows yet... about the baby. I really should hang out with her more often. After all, if it wasn't for her we wouldn't have ever even met!" With a kiss on the cheek, she left the house.

10. Kit

the-innis-legacy-logo-31.png