1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Newlyweds - A Personal Challenge

Discussion in 'Creation and Photo Sharing Hub' started by benji_br, Dec 5, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

I love creating silly little challenges for my game and I just made one up inspired by my real life.

So, I'm looking for a new apartment (saw 17 places in the last 12 days - yikes!) and I obviously don't expect places to be perfect, but I am amazed at how ugly some aparments are! I really hate some wall colors and floor patterns, so it's been hard to pick one. Then I realized I will probably have to do my best to decorate one of them with my taste.

And why not do the same in The Sims?

So I created a house using some color palettes I don't particularly like and a few objects I'm not fond of, trying to combine them with some of my favorite stuff in the game. If it turned out to be cool or not, I'll let you guys be the judge of that =)

Well, it's time you guys meet The Newlyweds! Eva and Alan just got married and moved to Newcrest while waiting for their visa so they can move permanently to Winderburg (come on, guys, we need to use our imagination). And this is their new home.

[​IMG]
    Here they are enjoying their brand new living room.
    [​IMG]
    Here's Alan making them dinner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Meanwhile, Eva got frustrated trying to work on something for the new house at their study/activities room.
    [​IMG]
    Alan loves eating outdoors. Eva is still sad because of her low skills.
    [​IMG]
    And here they are enjoying their new pool, because Alan wanted to make sure she felt better. I just realized how lacking that area is in decoration.
    [​IMG]
    Then they went to their room and I don't really know what happened, but she was feeling great again.
    [​IMG]
    Their room from another angle. I hate those rainbow heart thingies, but thought I'd give them a try.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In these two pictures, you get to see the "layers" of rooms in the common area. Living room, dining room and kitchen, all together but still somewhat isolated from each other.
    [​IMG]
    And here's the bathroom with shades of yellow and green I don't particularly like.

If you guys are interested, you can download both the family and the house from the gallery:

https://www.thesims.com/pt_BR/gallery/8AB488D59B6711E58A295F58B9AD20A7

https://www.thesims.com/pt_BR/galle...l&searchquery=andrefelipez&max=50&maxis=false

Mitchi32 and Kit like this.
  2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Love it!

I do something similar as well... I like creating my starter homes with very outdated colour schemes and then renovating as they make more money, focusing on doing one entire room at a time.

benji_br likes this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

That is a great idea!