1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The points from achievements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rye_encoke, Aug 30, 2014.

1. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

Okay so I saw the lovely pdf about achievements but have a question I wonder if anyone knows the answer to.

The points we gain from the achievement, are they only for the sim who got the achievement or do they carry through.

So to get all those points will a single sim have to get each achievement for him to be able to use those points. Or, do they carry through to be available to all sims....like if my first sims gets say 100 points gaining various achievements and then spends those points....when I make a new sim will they have those 100 points right away or do they start with no achievements?

I ask only because of the way some of the achievements are worded. For example the sim feats say something like...have a sim do this....to gain 20 points. To me that seems to say if you have one sim do it you gain the points for whatever sim you want to spend the points.

*shrugs* I don't know maybe just me but they sound like once you gain them on one sim those points are available for all sims to use, and one sim spending the points doesn't affect the total amount available for a new sim.

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

3. Kerantli

Kerantli

Where is the pdf? I'm interested in looking at that, though I thought achievements were like lifetime points/rewards from sims 3? (I may have the wrong idea though, only been half reading things about sims 4)

4. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

5. Kerantli

Kerantli

Thank you for the link, apparently I'm blind

SimsVIP likes this.
  6. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

Thanks Alexis, so they are on a player level. So then once you gain them, they are available to all sims you create. So carrying that through I would think that if you spend them all on one sim, they would all still be available to your new sims. So after playing for a while, your new sims should have a nice little bit of starting points to spend.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo

That is a really cool development, i like the idea a lot

8. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

I should probably interject here and say that my previous post was a GUESS based on what was said and the wording of the achievements. I don't think I made that quite clear enough in my previous post that those were assumptions I was making based on what I had read.

9. chococat9

chococat9

I had assumed the points were like the forum points/Origin achievement points and not points for the sim rewards.