1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Vertigo, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo

Hi, so this is the first thread in The Sims 2 section :D
    And in this thread we will be talking about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
    For those of you who have Windows 8, This game works PERFECTLY.
    Installing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection means installing every expansion and stuff pack for The Sims 2, so those of you with slower machines. you should be aware of that before installing it or adding custom content. So what you think of The Sims 2 Ultimate collection? :blush:

2. Maureen

Maureen

I was very excited to get the collection. I thought is was such a generous overture on EA's part. However, when I tried to play my antialiasing button was greyed out and I couldn't handle the jagged lines :( I read about the fix for this but it was just too complicated for my old brain :confused: I may try again once my excitement over Sims 4 dies down a bit.

3. simlink

simlink

I was actually super excited about it! :D It came just in the nick of time for me, because I was honestly contemplating re-installing TS2. I upgrade to W8 a while back, so I had to reinstall everything. Needless to say, this saved me a bunch of time because of the EPs an SPs. But yea, it is running perfectly on W8 for me. Great fun to get back into the wing of things with OFB especially.

4. Danny

Danny

I too found The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection to work perfectly on Windows 8. I had no weird glitches like some people had. The loading screens were super, super fast too! I have a mid range laptop, nothing special and the game runs with ease.

Still can't get over how EA gave it out for free :)

5. Vertigo

Vertigo

Someday that MAY also happen to The Sims 3 by the time of The Sims 5 :grimacing:

CraziiMiku, Danny and SimfulSimmer like this.
  6. GeekyAngelGirl

GeekyAngelGirl

I got the ultimate collection for free as well, while I was waiting to get my new laptop it was all I would play infact :) but it never acted right on my old laptop :( but then I got this new one and never had any of the graphical issues I was having on my old one. It's a nostalgic blast from the past certainly.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo

That would be what i'm currently playing again, too. I've played Sims 2 on and off for ten years now since it first came out - I've started a new Legacy challenge, and still am discovering new things. There's a comfortable familiarity with the way these Sims look that i -hated- with the fiery passion of 1000 suns with Sims 3, tbh.
    Sims 4's pixarish/cartoony look is so much better to appease me.

Sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart, though, it's still tonnes of fun, years later, and it's the only Sims my kids know :)

8. Mama_Lamb_ NC

Mama_Lamb_ NC

I got the Ultimate Collection but since I've already got all of my Sims 2 disks installed on my computer, it's sitting in my Origin library gathering dust. If & when my son gets his new computer, he's going to give me his laptop & I'll put the Ultimate Collection on that. Out of all of them, I too love Sims 2 the most!

9. KennziKaige

KennziKaige

I'm so happy about having The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but unfortunately I get slight graphical issues that become too annoying to ignore. I run it on my Windows 8 laptop, but I have yet to try it out on the desktop PC that runs Windows 7.

10. simlink

simlink

I had some graphical glitches with shawdows and the sims themselves, so I turned shadows off in the interim. They just had black boxes on the ground wherever they walked.