1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims 4 Generations - Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MiffoShort1997, Aug 10, 2015.

1. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hello everyone,

After seeing the new Sims 4 expansions pack survey I got really excited when I read about the Sims 4 Generations! So I decided to create a thread here where we could share ideas for the Sims 4 Generations, like what features you want, what objects you want and so on :)

Well already we know that the next expansion coming up is Get Together but after that one Generations could very well be the next one :) So that's why I thought we should discuss Generations here and discuss ideas with each other of what we want to see!

Well I am really excited for Generations because it the survey both toddlers and pre-teens were mentioned and as I am a big family player this is just Sim-Amazing news to me :p I'd love to have both of those ages come to the Sims 4 along with some great objects too!
    This time round with Generations I would like to see a baby and toddler changing station and would also like the feature where parent's are able to wash their toddlers in the sink like they could in the Sims 2 :) I would also like to see the buggy's and prams return from the Sims 3 as I always enjoyed having my toddlers in those when it was time to go for a walk :)
    I'd also like to see a new location for toddlers, like one of those special play areas where they have the ball pen where the little ones can play in all the different coloured balls and also so there's a slide which they can go down in to the ball pen :)
    In the Sims 2 and 3 I know we have had toddlers but I want them to be more playable thane ever before! Pre-teens sound fun but at the moment I don't have any current ideas for them :)

I can't wait to hear all of your ideas :)

Matthew.

2HubbiesNLove, TJAVA and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  2. HarleyQ

HarleyQ

if they want to salvage the game and appeal to their audience, a generations lp is what they should be focused on, not get together

poisonivy likes this.
  3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I loved going for walks in the strollers as well, but it drove me nuts that they couldn't deal with the terrain and as soon as the terrain moved up or down, they picked them, then put them back in, walked a couple steps and picked them up again... etc.
    Also... they would be kind of pointless now because we don't have an open world, even if it is entirely flat. It would still be a good place to stick your toddler if you go out to the park or something though.

I hope we have the playpen, and walker as well. teaching your child to walk took SO long so I liked to have them learn most of it on their own, and then have the parent teach right at the end for pictures. :p

I think Pre-teen could be interesting as well. This is the stage that there should be mood swings and tempter tantrums! By the time teens are seniors in high school, they think they're adults anyway, so if they add this stage, I won't have an issue with teens the way they currently are.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  4. Purplestarz2006

Purplestarz2006

I do think that a "Generations" type pack is probably on the radar, but if we get one, I hope that the toddler stage benefits from the additional development time. Toddlers as they were in TS2 and TS3 just won't work in this game. They were too detached from older Sims; beyond asking for basic care, they couldn't interact much with others. Yes, they were nice to have around and to interact with, but to actually control and play as they were a bit of a bore.

I actually wouldn't mind if they pushed the clock forward a bit and represented more of a 3 year old rather than an 18-month to 2 year old. While it makes for cute pictures, teaching them to talk and walk doesn't really mean anything gameplay wise as all Sims have these skills as they grow up. But needing to teach them the alphabet or numbers so they start school with a "B" instead of a "C", or teaching them table manners so they start with a jump in the social skill, would actually have benefits for the child. Or, perhaps have penalties for not teaching these things. I would also like to see locations or events designed around them, even if the venues aren't new. Maybe on a certain day of the week, a library does "story time". On another day, a park has a play group.

I'm kind of on the fence on pre-teens. On the one hand, I understand the desire for them in this game specifically because of the teen hight issue. But on the other hand, I don't see how they would be distinct from either the teen group or the child group behavior-wise. Adolescence spans both the teen years and the years immediately proceeding it, so things like mood swings and crushes are not unique pre-teen behaviors. I almost feel like they should just re-name the current teen stage "emerging adult" and then call the new stage "adolescent." If they do add them though, I just hope that they use the term "pre-teen" and not "tween", as I absolutely cannot stand that term.

5. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

As I see age in Sims:

baby - 0-1
    toddler - 1-4
    child - 4-10
    pre-teen - 10-15
    teen - 16-21
    YA - 21-35
    adult - 35-70
    elder - 70-100

It this case pre-teens would work ;) age 10-15 is time for mood swings, tantrums that he/she is old enough (great with emotions!), still play on playground with kids but wants to go to party with teens ;) It could be fun ;)

As for toddlers. I wish it could be more in depth and kind of unlock things. When you teach them to talk then they unlock interactions and wants to talk all the time. When you teach them to walk, they want to run, go to playground, can use some of stuff that they couldn't before. When teach to use potty interaction with changetable will be off. There could be other skills too ;)

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Oh yes definitely. I really enjoyed it when my Sims went for summer evening walks with their toddler in the stroller :) I loved it when Generations brought the stroller to the Sims 3. It really added something special between toddlers and the parent's.

Matthew.

7. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I would love to see new interactions like "check under bed for monsters", "hide in blanket fort," and "read bedtime story". Maybe when our Sim checked under the bed on occassion a random monster would jump out and scare the adult sim but didn't affect our child sim- our child sim could become friends with the monster. Our child sims could create blanket forts or tents in the living room for sleepovers.

In Generations I would love to see the return of cemeteries and a whole new gameplay action- funerals. Yes, morbid, but it would add a lot of interesting things for the game. Say, our elder dies and they have a huge family that gather at the cemetery to mourn their death, instead of just gettin an urn that they walk by on occasson and cry. And fun challenges added where our Sim could go to free spirits from the cemetery, teen sims could dare one another to go into the crypt alone where they can discover artifacts, heirlooms, or come into contact with a restless relative.

Other actions I would love to see would be "sneak out of house" so our teen sims could sneak out to be with their true love, make havoc in the neighborhood, and try not to get caught or be caught by their parents and grounded.

A new party event could be a Family Reunion and Anniversary Party, and perhaps even Family Outing to see a family movie at the cinema, or go on a family vacation. Just some ideas. They should add new skills like "Cleaning" so our child/teen sims have chores to do as well as bring back washers and dryers that added funny animations like the washer spewing out water or soap suds for overloading the washer with fabric softner.

8. Harry

Harry

Ok I will have a big list to bear with me lol.

For Young Adults/ Adults: I would love, love, love to see new proposal types like in the Sims 2 where you can propose at the table. The one we got now is nice, however it is not that romantic... I would also love new interactions between all other age groups. Like adults will get better mid life crises again and they (along with elders) should be able to reminse about the good old days. Also parents need to have the option to discipline their children unlike in the Sims 3 when ever something bad happened they were instantly grounded and couldn't even go to school.

Elders: Elders need a lot of love with this game so a plethora of CAS content designed for elders only. Also I would love the walking sticks to make a return. I would also love the interaction of showing pictures of your grand kids again. Also a morbid as this sounds but inheritance should be in the game so if a sim dies, their family receives some money. Also new stuff, like visiting your grandparents for dinner and children being either happy or sad depending on their grandparents. Elders should also be able to complain about the youth. I would also like to see some sort of elder care building where elders can go to live once they each the near end of their loves. Funerals also need to come back along with the graveyard lot type.

Children: Just a tonne of interactions like in the sims 2. I want them to be able to play with each other (so a new pie menu thingy) that pops up with things like cops and robbers, rock paper scissors, tag etc. Slumber parties would also me amazing. Bunk beds would be awesome too. New CAS assets of course. They should also be able to play minor pranks on other sims, especially their siblings (better if their siblings are teens) like putting whoopie cushions under the sofa etc. Mothers and fathers should be given the option to style their children's hair and choose their outfit (just adds more realism.) New playground equipment like swings, sea-saws, slides, sandpits (where they can bury homework again), tree houses etc. I would also love to see imaginary friends make a return but be less creepy than the sims 3 ones.

Teens: I would like to see more realistic first loves where they just can't get enough of one and other. This doesn't really apply specific to teen but when sims send texts, I would love to see a pop up bubble showing me what the other sim says back. If cars are in by then I would love to see a driving skill added and parents teaching their teens how to drive. School dances need to be open and make a return. ( also with Get to Work you would be able to use the photo booth and with Get Together, all the little school cliques would stay together.) Slumber parties should also be available to teens too but called sleepovers or something. Sneaking out of the house would be awesome too. Teens shouldn't be able to drink 'juice' but they should be able to secretly and when their parents catch them... Also teens should be able to sneak their lovers into their house at night for a bit of fun lol.

Babies: Babies need, need, need, need to get out of those awful bassinets and all sims of all ages should be able to do something with them.

Pre-Teens: They need to have mood swings and little crushes on other sims with cute small romance interactions like kiss cheek etc. Also if they're in public and their crush comes along, I would love to see them embarrassed to be around their family and sort of stray away from their family and act cool on the swings.

Everything about toddlers have already been covered 100 times so I won't add anything except they need more skills other than just walking/talking/pooping I would like to see reading (like similar to how parents can read to children in the base game but with toddlers and on the floor.)

Misawa likes this.
  9. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

Acne back for pre-teens from Sims 2! And mood swings where they want to dye or cut hair like in sims 3. Crushes, anniversaries, attraction system, school dances, after school hobbies, the list goes on and on.

Misawa likes this.