1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims 4 Livestream

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimfulSimmer, Sep 1, 2014.

1. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

Another official The Sims 4 Livestream is starting in just over 10 minutes! Make sure you head down to the stream! It's presented by the infamous SimGuruGrant!

MidnightPearl and sholtx like this.
  2. sholtx

sholtx

Come on, Grant is awesome!

SimfulSimmer likes this.
  3. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Grant blocked me ;-; not sure why, probably retweeted something when they were getting hate.

But god, that was so fun to watch, just loved their raw energy.

4. Coblin King

Coblin King

They actually downloaded and played with one of my Sims, it was awesome. My Sim fought Leonardo DiCaprio on the top of a castle! Fun stuff! :D

SimfulSimmer and ManagerJosh like this.
  5. Dallas

Dallas

I loved this stream. Everyone was having fun, and you could see how much they love the game. They are fans too! And Grant was hilarious!

6. m1tchell

m1tchell

Anyone remember when one of the producers didn't even notice that one of the sims was a teenager? He was wondering why there were two beds in the kids room, he said "Are they expecting another child?" The other producer then quickly said "No no, we have the teenage sim here...". If that isn't enough evidence that making teenagers the same height as adult sims was a bad idea, I don't know what is ;)

Jordan likes this.
  7. Jordan

Jordan

I really hope eventually they add height sliders.. like how they eventually added breast endowment and muscle slider..

8. Coblin King

Coblin King

This is what I think from experience. Height slider is pretty hard to do, so keep your hopes down. Animations would turn to hell. Your teen's hands would go through the furniture and even through other sims. You'd sim would lean to kiss another sim, but since he's shorter, he'd be kissing the chest or neck instead of the lips, you see. So they'd have to redo a lot of the animation in the game. And animation is tricky, you need to make sure everything looks good. This is why you have fixed height right now (notice for example you can't do anything with your sim's hands and arm length, because if you did that, it would cause similar clipping issues.)

9. m1tchell

m1tchell

I agree however, I'm just disappointed that teens aren't a shorter height from the start like TS3. I think the issue is, they've been able to do it before and considering game development keeps advancing, it's hard to see why they chose not to implement it. I wonder if making teens shorter in a patch or EP would be possible?

10. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

I foresee this being very unlikely. The guru's were very clear on the fact that it was time consuming and would take a long time to make the older sims have a different skeletal structure (i.e height) but perhaps now the game is launched they will implement it in a patch or perhaps an Expansion Pack.