1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sims 4 Metacritic User's Score

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esnes Nommoc, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4
    It's currently 3.9/10, scored by over 450 users.
    So, um..., yeah, I want to hear your thoughts on why you think the game gets this bad score from Metacritic users. I mean, is the game really this bad???

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

No it's not. I'd personally give it a 7.
    I'm not sure about Metacritic users- I don't want to read through the negative comments because they will more than likely infuriate me- but I will be willing to bet money that a huge majority of them compared TS4 to TS3. Meaning they're all mad about what TS4 left out (open world, CAS, blah blah blaaaah) and are letting that preconceived anger about it throw their judgment out the window and not focusing on the new game and grading it justly.
    What people solely focused on those personal issues need to understand is that with this new advancement in The Sims legacy is that this base game pretty much gives so much room for expansion.
    I understand that people feel The Sims took a step back but so what? Imagine TS4 in a few years. The only thing that kept me playing TS3 base game was the open world, but I was definitely not too excited about it. TS3 5 years later turned into the coolest a** game. I played TS3 because of how the expansion packs expanded TS3 experience (weird!!). TS4 will be no exception.
    They say TS4 is in itself a new game. This is the beginning. Like how TS2 was a whole new game from TS1.

Speaking of which, think of the advancement from TS1 to TS4. How can people complain so wholeheartedly??!

You know what? I'm going to change my TS4 score to 0 because it didn't include home phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bshag4lv, TheAllu and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  3. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

Heh, I read some of the negative reviews, and it seems many of those:
    + Compare the game with The Sims 3 PLUS expansions.
    + Complain about the 'missing' features, like pools, toddlers,... I think they don't even buy the game to review it.
    + Are just plain ranting.

4. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Metacritic should never be taken seriously because

A. It's easy to troll
    B. The players lack reviewing experience and will just find a flaw in anything they want
    C. It's pretty much inaccurate either way

nightspore, bshag4lv and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

LOL I was right then. I think it's funny how people are upset about about how the base game doesn't come with expansions included in it. "It's just a money making scheme!!" What gets me slapping my knee is the fact that no it is not. People worked hard on this game and I feel deserve some compensation for it. Don't forget that if we don't pay them then advertisers will. Imagine ads being run on the loading screens.

Oh lord I hope I didn't give them any ideas.

bshag4lv likes this.
  6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Everyone can write a review on Metacritic. I think it's obvious that many of the naysayers will have gone over there to make the game look bad without ever trying it. The game really isn't bad. Of course, it is very limiting to go back to a base game after a dozen Sims 3 expansions but I've played for about 12 hours now and so far I think the game is great. It feels a lot more like a game again instead of a story telling software like Sims 3. It's challenging again.
    Though, the emotions really aren't what they made them sound like. I think they are great, but they don't make the Sims more intelligent or believable. The AI, the routing, the multi-tasking and the animations are responsible for that. The emotions are much more of a strategic element, where you've got the challenge to achieve certain things either by dealing with certain emotions or by getting your Sims into an emotion that benefits your Sims at the moment. They make the daily life of the Sims less repetetive by influencing how they look and how well they are executed.

7. Anna

Anna

Interesting. I bet a lot of people are getting refunds. Maybe it will egg EA on to make significant improvements and maybe give us pools and toddlers and redone teens free. Shall see. I would give it a 6-7 I think. I am sure some of these reviews are there just to be bad, but I do know of 2 avid sims players who are getting refunds.

8. bluebythebook

bluebythebook

A true apples-to-apples review would be to compare this game solely to the base Sims 3 game. I get that it's hard to expect people to separate the two, but the Sims 4 was built in a completely different engine than Sims 3. Everything had to be recoded. Some say that shouldn't be as much of an issue as they're saying, but that's the official reason they're giving. They need time.

Honestly, these people who want hot tubs and skyscrapers and weather and puppies RIGHTNOW need to play Sims 3 until we have those features in 4. No one's taking it away from them. And complaining isn't gonna make it happen any quicker for 4 either. /getoffmylawn

Esnes Nommoc, JohnBigOz and uhleeshuh like this.
  9. Serrabella

Serrabella

The only review I give credit to is my own. That said I am neither amazed by the game nor am I totally disappointed in it. There are many things I like about the game such as the build tools, the Sims interactions with each other to name a few. On the other hand are many things I am not happy with, clipping is awful, world feels small, I am so very much missing CASt, the camera is very hard to control, to name a few. But overall I give the game a 6 out of 10, it has potential. Now this is my opinion that is all everyone has to make up their own minds on if the game is worth it for them. I will say that I am playing this as a new game, meaning I am not comparing it to any other Sims games.

10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

You can go to the Game Options and change it to the same camera controls as in TS3, or hit Ctrl+Shift+Tab [EDIT: while in-game.]
    When I seen it while going through the tutorial it was the first thing I did. Hope that helps!