1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Toddlers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert2121, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Robert2121

Robert2121

[​IMG] Nicki Rapp gave sounds to childreen in Sims 2 and 3, so maybe toddlers in The Sims 4?

Attached Files:

2. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

That could be possible. They have been so hush hush on the toddler thing lately its very doubtful at the moment that toddler will actually happen.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  3. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I think they might be trying to work on them on the side while keeping to the current schedule. I don't think they had planned to have tots, but do to the high interest of some players they may be trying to get them in at some point. It will take a lot of work and a lot of time. The issue is that some players have no idea how complex a project it will be to work in, and they can't just drop everything else and do them.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  4. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

There was a post somewhere that the person who did the children sounds for Sim3 is back but It also said that she wasn't working on toddlers.

5. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Nicki confirmed there she was not working on toddlers. That does not mean that toddlers are not coming to Sims 4. It just means that she was working on something else for The Sims. =)

Molly, ShaylaJ and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

I still have high hopes for toddlers making their appearance in the Sims 4 this year :) I'm interested to see what expansion 3 is going to be. If it brings back toddlers then great! But even if it doesn't I still think I'll like it. So far I love all the packs released for the Sims 4 and am actually excited for every single release... :)

I check SimsVIP daily for new news :)

Matthew.

benji_br and ShaylaJ like this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

What I don't get is if toddlers were in the previous game then why were they taken out in the first place. I simply don't understand why everything that was in The Sims 3 was not in sims 4 to begin with. It would make more sense to take what we all ready had and improve upon it unlike what a lot of people are saying happened to the sims 4.

ShaylaJ likes this.
  8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I've said this a lot so I'm just gonna say it again and maybe it'll come true. Lol. Toddlers should be in a free patch in my opinion! They'll gain more money selling stuff packs and content in other packs for toddlers than just by one expansion solely focused on them. Plus, we need them. Cuz it is an integral part of growing up (lol mommy mode activated) and it truly shapes the relationships children have with their parents, their core learning, and physical development. Some players don't want them, that's fine. Age them up. But I honestly think that saying we're better off without them, from what I've heard from others, is narrow-minded. I don't play with pools, but at least we have the option! As a family player and a mom of a current two year old minion, it nearly breaks my heart every time our non-burrito spins into an eight yr old child. My children in real life range from 2-8 ... and the difference in the ages are severely drastic not to have toddlers in my game. Just an opinion. Lol.

9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

@Kit I did not know you had kids and I have to agree with you. It does not make sense that a baby ages up into a child so fast and skips the toddler stage.

10. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I don't think that they took them out. I think that for whatever reason, they were behind schedule, and elected not to do them to save time. They apparently thought that most players wouldn't care or miss them. I think they know differently now, so I am hoping that they will address the issue, and also provide us with pre teens or younger teens as I don't care for the size of the current ones. I use a height slider so that is working for now, but I still hope that the tots and pre teens come. I don't think that they will patch them in though myself.

It will take so much time and money to do. The game and all the expansions, and packs will be patched to accommodate them, but I think they will be in a separate pack. I could be wrong though... It has happened before... I think I was wrong once... Just kidding.