1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Two questions..about TS4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by missmf2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

Ok these may seem like simple or silly questions but...

1.) When you download a sim/household or lot and it says CC added /modded etc.. Does it come with that particular CC? Or do we have to download on our own like TS3 ? I know this may seem dumb but, I don't do a lot of downloading only creating myself .. And, mostly was curious for my creations that have it? Do people automatically get the sim in whole or house in whole?

2.) When installing mods now, we do NOT need to keep the file in the zip anymore? I use the mod manager but, I think I am doing something wrong lol!

- I had another big question but, I forgot maybe it will come back to me after I play for a while..Thanks in advance to anyone who responds :)

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Custom Content does not transfer via The Gallery. If you download a Sim/Household with CC in it that you do not have on your own computer, the Sim/Household will have everything but those CC. I.e. if a Sim has custom content hair but you didn't download it personally from the creator's site, it will be a bald Sim in your game. The best way as a creator that uploads Sims with CC is to place a link in the description box of the uploaded Sim, then on that link have a blog post or tumblr listing the CC used in the creation so that people that download the Sim know exactly what they need and where to get it.

When you install a mod, you only need the Package file. -HOWEVER- some mods that use Script Mods should have different installation instructions on the site you download from stating "DO NOT UNZIP" the script mod. The Sims 4 Mod Manager will indeed extract any Package file from the mod zip file when it is added to your list. You will notice that if it unzips a zip file into The Sims 4 Mod Manager, it will note it as a Script file. Such as in the image I have uploaded for you, DrChillgood's Mod is a Script mod that edits the PYO files. So it stays ZIPPED! The others are unzipped into packages by The Sims 4 Mod Manager.

Script Mods.PNG

MiffoShort1997 and missmf2 like this.
  3. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

Thank you for the info .. I was totally confused lmbo I figured that answer on the CC but, now seeing the tag (auto detected cc) I got confused lol .. Wouldn't it be great if it auto generated links for the CC .. I didn't know that now I feel silly and was wondering why NOONE was downloading my creations lol! Now, I gotta figure out why my latest house is saying it has CC when I really don't think it does :(

thanks about the answer of the mods too because again, I was reading on MTS and it was saying we can upzip now.;. I feel like a newbie :p

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Don't worry! We're all newbie at one point. =D Sometimes mods can flag a lot as having CC or it could be something you're completely overlooking in it such as a wallpaper, floor, something you accidentally placed under the foundation... not that... I did that once... :p

missmf2 likes this.
  5. PortHuronMike

PortHuronMike

I get a few of my creations downloaded, but it is easier if player know your Origin ID ( NO OTHER INFO ) so they can search just for your creations. Make sure you keep your Origin account safe by NOT sharing the email you used and use a STRONG password. Your account can't be stolen IF you use good password and a verify account safeguard.