1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the things you like in The Sims 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

Why is there a "What are the things you dislike in The Sims 4" but not a what you like thread?! Am I missing something? If I am then we all can point and laugh at me but if there is not a thread then DANG SKIPPY! I am starting a thread!

So as the title suggest, what are the things you like in The Sims 4 ^_^!

I like so many things I do not even know where to begin! I love how the worlds feel alive, I send my sim to the bar I actually have to compete for sitting space. I love how more rewarding and goal oriented Sims 4 is. Many have stated how they dislike having to unlock objects over and over but not I. I like it! When I create a new Sim even if I had already played a previous aspiration/career it feels like I have to work from the bottom up and I think that is fantastic. This gives me something to do. Furthermore I like Sims having specific perks and how they did the unlocking objects it makes sense. Like my Chef getting the best fridge as an example. It makes objects feel special. Now my opinion of this may change in the future and that is ok because for totes they have a mod out to unlock the objects. So I know I have the option! Ehhh I just love Sims 4 so much I hate IT?! I have a short attention so it is hard for me to sit for me than an hour but not long after I get off I wish I was playing it lol.

bshag4lv and uhleeshuh like this.
  2. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

+ The sims feel alive.
    + The world feels alive, too. :D
    + The gardening system. :D
    + The Never Weary reward store trait. :p
    + You can unlock objects in Buy Mode.
    + You can upgrade objects with ALL upgrades (available).
    + You can complete as much aspirations as you'd like.
    +...
    :D

bshag4lv, Cody and uhleeshuh like this.
  3. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

*The emotions are an opportunity for great gameplay. Although I don't feel it as much, I feel that theres' negative and positive moods when I think each mood show have a bonus and a penalty.
    *Build Mode tools are amazing, especially roofs. Although the "room" system is tad annoying
    *The game is very interesting although I still haven't really gotten into a game ;-;

Cody likes this.
  4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

+I love the atmosphere!! Looking back at TS3 I can't help but think at how bland it is! TS4 definitely kicked it up a notch.
    +I love how social my sims are now! If they're bored they take out the trash and "Hey while I'm outside- look! There's some new people to hang with!"
    +I love that I don't have to micromanage them! They do what they want and need so I don't have to pause every 6 seconds to to give them things to do anymore, I'm playing more as a spectator and not a control freak like I used to.
    +Build Mode! That's all I need to say!
    +Diversity amongst the sims! They all are different and I love how ethnic they can look now without being a bit "stereotypical" like in TS2-3 (LUL).
    +How careers and schools are a little bit more lax. I've had my sim come home in the middle of the shift to age up and everyone's cool with that! Oh and I love how the boss/principal will call your sim if they're skipping! I was laughing so hard when "The boss is calling. Do you want to answer?" "Umm- NOOOOO!!!!" (Although your teen will have no choice but to answer btw).

IDK! So much more! My biggest love of this game is that everything seems so peaceful and happy and vibrant which makes me feel so peaceful and happy and vibrant!:sunface::blossom::blush:

bshag4lv, Cody and Meka3514 like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

Love the two worlds. They're mesmerizing.

Love how great everything looks, from sims to the furniture.

Love how there are many, many social options in each category.

Love how children always have something to do and they actually behave like children.

bshag4lv and Cody like this.
  6. doll

doll

I love how 'active' the worlds feel because of the whole neighborhood thing.

bshag4lv and Cody like this.
  7. Meka3514

Meka3514

I really love that Sims can now be simultaneous. My Sim was at the gym increasing Fun by watching TV, increasing Fitness, & increasing Social talking to another Sim. It really allows you to take care of your needs all at once. I know there's been a lot of debate over the new careers & skills, but I really like them. Especially Mischief skill. I'm playing a Sim now in the Criminal career and boy is she off the hook, with some of the pranks and Sabotages she pulls lol (yes I love to create drama in my game lol). I also have a Sim in the Painter Career Level 9 & even though the job doesn't pay high, my Sim is making major Simoleans w/Masterpieces having the higher quality easel (one painting was 10K).

I also really like the graphics. Everything looks so real especially compared to earlier Sims game. Build Mode is awesome. I love the Gallery. It makes pulling someone's creations much faster. I found an old Sim buddy from Sims 3 who is so awesome at building houses. I follow her in the Gallery and download all her homes she builds/posts into my game.

Cody, bshag4lv and uhleeshuh like this.
  8. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Thanks for the thread Cody!:D

I like many things but one especially, the resize ability for most decorative objects, at least that's what I use it for. I found I had to be especially careful. When I enlarged a plant pot I inadvertently wiped out a couple of pictures on the wall.:eek: I thought they were gone forever, visions of the disappearing paintings in S3 glitch, but found them in the family inventory, whew.

I adore the ability of randomly moving the paintings together on the walls. Now every sim I play is an artist with amazing collages.:D

Cody and uhleeshuh like this.
  9. elsing

elsing

Thanks bshag4lv I never knew about the painting thing.

The attention to I can add in detail build mode, frieze, roof trim etc..
    That buy mode remembers the settings I used last time I placed an object.
    Multi height walls
    The general feel of being less rushed, my Sims can have a social life and a career much more easily,
    Windowed mode
    Multitasking
    The ability to view my screen shots in game.
    How easy it is to import gallery items right from the game.
    Programming skill and career track

Cody and benji_br like this.
  10. Cody

Cody

Thank you everyone for your comments <3! They have been read and appreciated!

There is just to many things to list right lol.

benji_br likes this.