1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

What expansion packs do you think are must-have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esnes Nommoc, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

In my opinion, the must-have expansion packs are:
    + Seasons.
    + Pets.
    + Supernatural-theme/Magic-theme.
    + University.
    + Family-theme.
    What expansion packs do you think are must-have? :)

bshag4lv likes this.
  2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

The thing is it depends on what is possible with Sims 4.

Seasons, Pets and I think Toddlets with Generation sare a must have, and I think devs know that.

bshag4lv, benji_br and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

You are probably right about the University theme, but I must admit that I'd rather see something else instead. I always thought University is an expansion that profited greatly from Sims 3 and its open world, while I didn't particularly like it in Sims 2. It just got boring after the first couple of days. If they'd be able to eliminate the problems the expansion had because of the closed neighborhood, maybe, but otherwise I wouldn't really care about it that much.

But other than that, I think Seasons, Pets and a Fame and Fortune themed expansion can't be avoided. Fame and Fortune because Superstar was a big favourite of players in Sims 1, everyone wanted the expansion to return for Sims 2 and I don't know a single person who didn't hate the fact that they split that expansion up into two parts in Sims 3.
    I'd also like the return of OFB since they finally got rid of rabbit holes again, but I don't know if they'd see that as a must-have.

bshag4lv, benji_br and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Seasons - This. Needs. To. Be. Here! I do totally understand why they never add seasons to base games, but it definitely needs to be the first EP released. It's just so integral in not only gameplay, but real life. Think about it; every choice you make is tied in to the current weather/season. The vacations you take, the clothes you wear, the food you eat... it all depends on what Old Mother Nature is doing outside! And for someone that plays Sims with realism, this is just a no-brainer to me. Not to mention that any future EPs could be tied in with the weather as well.

Open For Business
    - I think from what I've been reading, both on here and various social media sites, OFB is the most-wanted EP for TS4. I think it could also add something amazing to the game; something that we've not had since TS2. Someone on here said something about merging OFB from TS2 and Town Life from TS3 into one big EP, and I think that's an amazing idea. Can you imagine all of the possibilities there?!

University - Ok, so this has always been one of my least favourite EPs, but I do still think it's needed. I have to say, I preferred TS3 university to TS2 university, so some kind of middle ground... combining the best aspects of both... I think that could make for a decent EP.

Bon Voyage and Island Paradise - Bon Voyage was probably my favourite EP in TS2. They ruined it with World Adventures in TS3, because it was less about vacationing and more about quests. Adventures. Exploring. But then they redeemed themselves with Island Paradise. So, a combination of the two would be ideal, I think. The vacation side of things taken from Bon Voyage, combined with the resorts taken from Island Paradise. This EP could be tied into the Seasons EP like I mentioned before, with different vacation worlds having distinct weather; from sunny beaches to snowy ski resorts. There could be all kinds of different vacations, as well - skiing in the mountains, camping, villa resorts, b&b tourism and even your classic 'package holiday', staying in a caravan/motel or something! I'd also love to see real world places as vacation destinations; Sydney, London, Paris, New York... real places, as well as their general made-up vacation worlds. Maybe they could be worlds that you unlock; kind of like the secret lots in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs now.

Family Fun, Freetime and Generations - This EP would be one of the biggies - combining the best of Family Fun (TS2), Freetime (TS2) and Generations (TS3). Toddlers would make a triumphant return, as well as an all-new pre-teen life stage! The toddlers, kids, pre-teens and teens all get a ton of new objects and interactions, and maybe the return of boarding school! Definitely bring the after school clubs back with this one!

Pets - Exactly the same as TS3 please. Only less glitchy! On a serious note though, Pets was one of those EPs that was really well thought out, it was just very glitchy, so people didn't play it so much. But the fact that they added horses... wow! This definitely needs to make a return in TS4 with dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, snakes & lizards. There could even be a Farm Life stuff pack, where pigs, cows, sheep, chickens and goats get added to the mix!

And as a Stuff Pack, I'd love love LOVE to see one called... Builders' Dream. With literally hundreds of new build mode items; doors, windows, roofs, floors, walls, fences, stairs, trees, shrubs... the lot!

I've uhm... clearly not given any thought to this at all. Honestly. As you can see... :p

bshag4lv and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I'm not so sure about horses. They were a great addition to Sims 3 Pets due to the fact that you could ride them around the whole neighborhood, but I'm not sure if they would make a lot of sense with a closed world. The individual neighborhoods are pretty big for a Sim and I can easily imagine my Sims taking out their dog, having a nice walk through the neighborhood, but most of those paths aren't particularly horse-friendly. I think maybe another more domestic animal would fit better into Sims 4 than Horses would. But that's just me being concerned about how useful horses would end up being.

bshag4lv likes this.
  6. Scyerline

Scyerline

Oh, man. I totally agree with pets, seasons, open for business (I would love to own my own resturaunt or bakery too!), generations, and island paradise. It would be fun to see an amusement park kind of EP too.

7. Win7yes

Win7yes

Pets and Seasons are a must have.
    It would also be nice to have something like Open for Bussines and something with a supernatural theme.

8. Meka3514

Meka3514

An Open for Business type EP is a must have. Other than that I don't really have a preference. I think one of the EP ideas was where you'd be able to be a Mayor of your town & could customize with new venues. That sounds interesting...kinda reminds me of SimCity but with people. I personally want to see some new EPs. Seasons, Pets are pretty standard so I expect them in the game at some point. Though I will say that I wouldn't mind if the pets were like TS2, where we didn't control them. The game is tough enough as is lol

9. benji_br

benji_br

People kept asking for a farming EP in TS3, I think that's a possibility, but I personally wouldn't call it a must have.

For me, that would be a vacation EP or something dedicated to beaches, sort of like Island Paradise (though boats would not be possible with the closed neighborhoods).

bshag4lv likes this.
  10. Harry

Harry

I have to disagree with your boat statement. The Sims 4 isn't a totally closed world, the public spaces exist and it could be possible to make the ocean into a public space with sims able to have boats and that could also open the doors for surfing because it would have a designated area allowed for it. It could also allow wind surfing, jet skiing and the return of underwater lots (of course with a loading screen though) and mermaids. It really all depends on how they choose to set up the world for that kind of EP.
    Now for me a must have EP is defiantly an open for business EP. I mean, how awesome was that in TS2? And think about it in TS4, this game has so much potential it's sort of overwhelming to think that the ep's we will get will most likely be 'full' again. Unlike in Ts3 where they felt amazing at first but became...dull after about a week or month of playing them.
    Also this isn't really an ep thing, but I can't wait until family trees come back. It's really irksome that they aren't in there. For the time being though I can keep a family graveyard now lol :D Especially with ghosts being back in game.

Meka3514, bshag4lv and benji_br like this.