1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Why EA Hates MAC users so Much?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EAHater, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EAHater

EAHater

Why EA Hates MAC users so Much?

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

EA doesn't hate Mac Users. If they did, none of their games would ever be released for Mac. The problem with Macs is that Apple didn't design them to be a gaming platform. Developing games for Mac is a giant pain for developers. It takes a huge amount of time and it's very expensive. That's why most developers and publishers don't bother even trying to make their games available on Mac. The fact that Macs are not built with hardware that could ever compete with the hardware of a high-end PC or even a console also plays a role here, as some games simply require more power to run than a Mac can offer.
    Now, the main topic here are Sims games, so let's talk Maxis for a minute. Maxis has a long history of releasing their games for both, PC and Mac. Why do they do that? Because their games do not focus on high-end systems, so Macs are able to run them without a problem. But even with that, developing a game for Mac still takes a lot of time and money. Time and money that would be lost for both versions, would they work on them at the same time. It is much more beneficial for the game if they develop one version first and the other one afterwards. Developing games on PC is easier, faster and PC-versions sell a lot more than Mac versions, so it only makes sense to develop the PC version first.

Maxis has always approached Mac development in that way. I can not speak for Sims 1, but Sims 2 for expample always released the PC version first and the Mac version was released afterwards. Same goes for SimCity. Same goes for Sims 4. And same would have been the case for Sims 3, but since the game was delayed a few weeks before it was supposed to be released, they used that delay to get both versions out at the same time. Had that delay not happened, the Mac version of Sims 3 would have also been released months after the PC version.

So, short conclusion: EA and Maxis don't hate Mac users. If they did, they wouldn't care about Mac versions at all. It's Apple that shows no interest to make game development for Macs less of a pain.

Also, this forum section was created for feedback and ideas to improve the SimsVIP forums. I'll move this thread over to 'General Discussion' for Sims 4, as I suppose this complaint is caused by the delayed Mac release of Sims 4.

Scyerline, Esnes Nommoc and Kenia like this.
  3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

You know what makes me laugh? If EA had pushed for the MAC release date to be the same as the PC release date, you STILL wouldn't be happy. Because you'd then have a buggy game, not fully optimised for your OS. So maybe instead of complaining and posting "EA HATES MAC" in every post you make, be happy that they HAVE delayed it. This way, when it comes out you'll have a real game designed for a real MAC OS, not some patch job that was rushed to get the game released on both platforms at the same time. That's where they went wrong with TS3; they tried to please everyone at once, and in doing so, TS3 wasn't remotely optimised to run on MAC computers. That's why there were so many glitches and bugs. Are you honestly telling me that you'd prefer that, over them delaying MAC release so they can work on it properly, and give it the time and attention it deserves?

4. EAHater

EAHater

They only reasons I hate EA. Is that we MAC Users didn't get World Tool in Sims 3 like PC users DID. That was the finally straw. This so called BAND-AID. IF EA WANTS A BAND-AID.

Here's a suggestion:
    BAND-AID WORLD TOOL FOR SIMS 3 since they are not making Sims 4 for MACs.

All of the Games from Sims 1-3 Collection with the World Tool at $5.00 each game. That'll make the whole deal of this stupid BAND-AID.

5. DerMonarch

You are pretending Maxis would have any obligation to give anyone a free tool that nobody will ever pay them for. Developing takes time and money. Developing a free tool means that they will never get any money back for the work they put in that tool. If they feel like developing a tool for Macs without getting anything in return, that is their decision. If you buy their games, you pay for those games and nothing else. Nobody is entitled to get anything else for that money.

And in case you actually missed it, which you might have judging by the fact that you said "since they are not making Sims 4 for MACs", Maxis already confirmed that they are working on Sims 4 for Mac and that it's going to come.

6. thatsimsgirl

I have a feeling that you're trolling, seeing as you've already been told that EA ARE working on a MAC version of TS4. As in, they're working on it right now.

And the CAW tool was too glitchy even for PC users, why would they release it for MAC if it wouldn't work properly? Maybe do your research before bellyaching about how EA hates MAC users so much.

RethkaSims4 likes this.
  7. EAHater

EAHater

I'm not TROLLING. I'm not bellyaching either. I just want EA to be fair. Which they are not. I'm just sharing my views on EA. I use to like getting sims from Sims 1 to Sims 3. PC user think they are Gods from the Greek. Why they are just normal people like MAC users/

8. DerMonarch

Nobody thinks anyone is a god. That PCs are better optimized for games is a fact. That games are easier to be developed on PCs is a fact. That most of EAs games couldn't even run on a Mac because they do not have the required hardware is a fact. That Maxis games have always been released for PCs and Macs is a fact. That nobody is entitled to get a free tool of some sort if a fact. That they would have had to spend time and money on porting CAW over to Mac even though it is a free tool is a fact. That no developer wants to loose time and money on free tools is a fact. And the most important fact of all: If you want to play every game out there and want to have the best treatment as a gamer, you do not buy a Mac. And if you do, you don't complain. Why? Because Apple could make sure Macs are suited better for gaming and game development, but they are not doing it. These things are facts and not PC users trying to turn themselves into gods.

crazytulip likes this.
  9. EAHater

EAHater

YEAH RIGHT. When PC users help MAC users getting the Sims 5 on MACs first. That's when I become the Owner of both TNA Wrestling and WWE. Don't make me laugh. You are joking right?

10. thatsimsgirl

Ok, well... I'm out. You're obviously the type of person who is stuck in your own way of thinking, and no amount of reasoning will change your mind. So, I won't even try; I have better things to do with my time than go 10 rounds with you about who's right and who's wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.