1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you like a new empty world, like Newcrest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Feb 3, 2016.

Tags:

Would you like a new empty world, like Newcrest?

1. Yes!

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No =(

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. benji_br

benji_br

When I first heard Newcrest would be an empty world, I was a little unimpressed. Then it turns out I've been playing with Newcrest even more than Windenburgh.

I can only imagine how long it takes for the team to come up with concepts, backstories and everything involving a new world, so I assume it takes considerably less time for them to develop an empty world, and that is why we got Newcrest.

So I was wondering, would anyone else like a new world that comes empty?

ShaylaJ likes this.
  2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

If it's a free update to add another world, yes. But I find it unlikely we'd get another. 3 worlds in base game seems like an okay number of lots.

knewt93 and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

It's the megalomaniac in me, sorry :$

Adlw SimieskArt likes this.
  4. Adlw SimieskArt

Adlw SimieskArt

i think it's will be good , an another world but more big of newcrest it's will be fun.

benji_br likes this.
  5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Personally, Newcrest intimidates me. haha. I feel like I'm setting it up wrong all the time, and it's a jumbled mess of oh here... let's put a spa right beside this house and then another house and then a gym..

And I know that's what it's for... your own creativity and stuff, but... I'ma n organization freak and when I do it myself it's too unorganized. haha. I'd rather have everything laid out for me, then I can go in and make the changes I want to, or demolish and rebuild.

6. benji_br

benji_br

Hehe @Mitchi32 , where I live IRL is exactly like that, so I think Newcrest suits my vision for a cool, fun neighborhood XD

Mitchi32 likes this.
  7. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Really? I bet it would help to be convenient for the residents around it, but I live in a rural town, where everything is on main street, and then houses around it. That's the way I'm used to it. (We only have like 200 people here... haha)

I remember a custom world I built for TS3 where I had downtown, then in my different residential areas was a cafe, or grocery store but that was it. I loved that world, but it was massive.

benji_br and ShaylaJ like this.
  8. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@Mitchi32 I know some people have uploaded complete Newcrest towns with a theme so that players don't have to make their own and try to match from the gallery. I'm with @benji_br on this one, but not all the way. Each neighborhood is different on mine. One is matching houses, the other is a more modern area, and the other is commercial with my legacy lot!

knewt93 and benji_br like this.
  9. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

What I would like is a new destination world. A beached them for vacations. I like camping and the mountains, but I would also like to be able to travel to a beach resort. On MTS, some one made a Venice lot that is breathtaking and I am using it as a vacation spot in Magnolia Blossom, but I would really like one more actual destination world, or maybe even two!

benji_br likes this.
  10. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

I wouldn't mind if every new world we received in the future was an empty world like Newcrest. We already have the gallery, so Maxis could create lots that we see in the trailers and upload them to the gallery for players to download and place in the world. At least that way fans of the series who don't like building can go and still build the world the way they envision it as being, and those of us who enjoy building can create new and interesting worlds when we play. Outdoor Retreat should've been an empty world IMO. I always bulldoze Granite Falls and have a camper park, a couple small cabins on one lot, and then use the other lot for tent pitching.

I just feel if all worlds in the future were created to be empty but the lots Maxis created for their trailers were on the gallery so we could still create the worlds like they're displayed and staged for promotion content all fans would be equally satisfied. Or a new world option- "play empty world" or "play world".

benji_br likes this.