1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Writer's Block

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Oct 25, 2014.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys! For some reason, my sims NEVER get the writer's block, so I'm stuck on phase 1 for that aspiration.

Any suggestions?

2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Not tried it myself, but have you tried getting them into the bored emotion, and trying for it then? I know I can't write when I'm bored :p

benji_br likes this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

Hahaha so true! I'm gonna try that.

4. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Haha! Let us know if it works - it'll be truly interesting to see if emotions really do work that deeply!

benji_br likes this.
  5. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Are they by any chance inspired, focused? Get them out of that that mood, it blocks the chance for the block to pop up.

Just for the time being if you can just disable/avoid them getting inspired or focused and eventually they should recieve a Tense moodlet of "Writer's Block". Once that, all you need to do is get rid of the moodlet (if your sim becomes Tense as a result, calm them down, otherwise, let the moodlet decay, it's quite long so try to get your sim Tense to quicken the goal)

benji_br likes this.
  6. benji_br

benji_br

@JohnBigOz - that's exactly what I found out. I always had them inspired when writing. This time, I waited for them to be "fine" (not even "bored", @thatsimsgirl) and in one or two hours of writing, they got really tense with a (ta da!) writer's block.

All is fine in Willow Creek again. Thank you, fellow simmers.