PLEASE NOTE: We are still working on several sections in this guide. Please be patient as we try to get you all the information you need for the game. Thanks!
❗ SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Game Guide
It is illegal to duplicate or copy this guide to other sites without prior authorization. Any unauthorized use of this guide will result in legal action.
Copyright ©2011-2017 SimsVIP – All rights reserved
Contributors: Simserasera (Veterinary Career) and Alexis of SimsVIP.
❗ To leave comments, suggestions and feedback, please see this post.
Table of Contents
New Game Additions
Life With Pets
Create a variety of cats and dogs, add them to your Sims’ homes to forever change their lives and care for neighborhood pets as a veterinarian with The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs. The powerful new Create A Pet tool lets you personalize cats and dogs, each with their own unique appearances, distinct behaviors, and for the first time, expressive outfits!
These wonderful, lifelong companions will change your Sims’ lives in new and special ways. Treat animal ailments as a veterinarian and run your own clinic in a beautiful coastal world where there’s so much for your Sims and their pets to discover.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack adds one new Aspiration available for selection in Create-a-Sim. This aspiration grants Sims both a reward and bonus trait.
|Friend of the Animals||This Sim wants to be friends with the animals.|
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack adds four brand new traits for Sims. Two of these traits are reward/bonus traits for selecting and completing the new game aspiration.
There are three brand new Achievements available with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. When completing certain actions within your game, you can unlock special badges and collect gamer points. To learn more about achievements in The Sims 4, check out our full list of The Sims 4 Achievements.
|Simstagram Starter||Gain 25 Simstagram Followers|
|Simstagram Influencer||Gain 250 Simstagram Followers|
|Simstagram Celebrity||Gain 1500 Simstagram Followers|
Create A Sim Fashions
Female Adult/Teen/Elder – 15 Hairstyles, 10 Tops, 5 Bottoms, 8 Outfits, 2 Pairs of Shoes, 4 Accessories
Female Children – 1 Hairstyle, 3 Tops, 1 Bottom, 1 Outfit, 3 Pairs of Shoes
Female Toddler – 1 Top, 1 Outfit
Male Adult/Teen/Elder – 11 Hairstyles, 1 Facial Hair, 15 Tops, 5 Bottoms, 1 Outfit, 1 Pair of Shoes, 2 Accessories
Male Children – 1 Hairstyle, 4 Tops, 2 Outfits, 2 Pairs of Shoes
Male Toddler – 1 Top, 1 Outfit
New Game Additions
New Music Genre/Radio Stations
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs adds the new “Singer-Songwriter” music genre to the game. You can listen to the new music and stations in game via the stereo and speaker systems.
If you own The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack, you will receive four new Club Requirements with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. “Dog Lover”, “Cat Lover”, “Pet Training” and “Veterinarian” are the new type of trait and skill requirements available.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs adds the new “Simstagram” Social Media to the game. This feature is specific to Pets, and helps Sims increase their Photography Skill. The Photography Skill is now a Base Game feature, and does not require The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack.
Simstagram is a Pet only feature that allows Pets to become famous on social media, and receive rewards for their celebrity status. Additionally, Simstagram is tied to the new Game Achievements that were added with the expansion pack.
❗ Use a cell phone or click on a pet to use the Simstagram feature.
❗ To check how many Simstagram followers a pet has, use the computer and select the “Social Networking” option.
❗ Simstagram photos will be placed in a Sim’s inventory.
Each photo taken of a pet will increase their following on Simstagram. Once a pet reaches 25, 250, and 1500 followers, they will receive free gifts from Pawsitively Pet Products for gaining celebrity status. Rewards include toys, pet beds, and automatic pet feeders.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs adds 4 brand new “Food Stall” recipes for Sims to learn. These recipes can be purchased at any of the new public food stalls that come with the game.
These recipes work similar to a skill, where they must be eaten to be learned, and learned in order to prepare them at home. When ordering and eating these food dishes from a food stall, Sims will automatically learn the recipe. The following recipes have been added:
|Haddock Sandwich||Foodies Munch & Go (Sable Square)|
|Lobster Roll||Foodies Seafood Sampler (Whiskerman's Wharf)|
|Popcorn Shrimp||Foodies Seafood Sampler (Whiskerman's Wharf)|
|Seafood Chowder||Foodies Seafood Sampler (Whiskerman's Wharf)|
In addition to the new “Sim” recipes that have been added, there are now 4 new recipes available for Pets as well. Pets can eat any food in the game, but these are specifically tied to the Gourmet Cooking and Homestyle Cooking Skills for Sims.
❗ Sims must use the new “Cook Homestyle Pet Recipe” and “Cook Gourmet Pet Recipe” options on stoves and refrigerators to cook the new pet recipes.
Sims must have at least a Level 2 in the Homestyle Cooking and Gourmet Cooking Skills to cook these recipes at home. Sims can also eat the new Pet Recipes, but will receive a 2hr Uncomfortable (+1) moodlet. The following Pet Recipes have been added:
Sims who have at least a level 2 in the Mixology Skill can create a special concoction at the bar for their furry friends. Sims will place it down for the pet, or call a pet to drink it.
|Minty Fresh Pet Confection||Level 2 Mixology|
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs the all-new Veterinary Skill. Sims can master the Vet Skill on the Crafting Machine or Examining Pets using Veterinary equipment. Leveling up in the Vet Skill will reward Sims with new objects and unlock new interactions and actions. Sims with a higher Vet Skill will also be better at diagnosing and treating pets.
• Vet Skill Level 1 – This Sim’s new skill in the veterinary sciences allow them to treat pets using specialized vet equipment like the exam table or surgery station. Level up this skill by treating more animals!
• Vet Skill Level 2 – This Sim has unlocked an adorable pair of pet-themed mailboxes! They can now craft Swampwater Taffy and Cooler than Liquid Nitrogen Nutrition Bar at the Medicine Crafting Table. This Sim has also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 3 – This Sim can now craft Scorching Cinnamon Chew at the Medicine Crafting Table! They have also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 4 – This Sim can now administer Feelgood Serum as a treatment at the Exam Table! They can also now craft The Stinkinator at the Medicine Crafting Table. Last, but not least, they have also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 5 – This Sim has earned 400 of Perk Points! They are now able to Soothe Pets at the Exam Table, and craft Wellness Treats at the Medicine Crafting Table. Last, but not least, they have also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 6 – This Sim can now craft Age-Up and Age-Down treats at the Medicine Crafting Table. How magical! They have also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 7 – This Sim can now craft the Poop Randomizer treat at the Medicine Crafting Table. You read that right—it’s a treat that makes a pet’s poop…something else. They have also unlocked a cute pet-themed wall decal!
• Vet Skill Level 8 – This Sim has unlocked a cute pet decal to decorate their Vet Clinic with!
• Vet Skill Level 9 – This Sim has received 900 perk points for their Vet Clinic, and can now perform the Lubricate Tailwagger Joint surgery!
• Vet Skill Level 10 – This Sim has reached the pinnacle of veterinary practice! They are now able to craft the Ambrosia Treat at the Medicine Crafting Table which can be used to bring pets back to life! Also, enjoy an exclusive new door for the Vet Clinic!
Pet Training Skill
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs the all-new Pet Training Skill. Sims can master the Pet Training Skill by using the “Training” Interaction on Dogs, “Running” the obstacle course objects with any pet, or “Commanding” a pet use the obstacle course objects.
Leveling up in the Pet Training Skill allows Sims to teach dogs a variety of commands and tricks. Sims with a higher Pet Training Skill will also have a better chance of their pet getting a Gold Medal through the obstacle course with no faults.
• Pet Training Skill Level 1 – This Sim has acquired the Pet training Skill. They will be able to train dogs to Sit, Speak, Fetch, Roll Over, and Lie Down, ands show off their pet to other Sims.
• Pet Training Skill Level 2 – This Sim is now level 2 Pet Training and can teach their dog to Heel, Shake, and Play Dead. Don’t forget to take the time to Practice Tricks.
• Pet Training Skill Level 3 – This Sim has reached level 3 of the Pet Training Skill. They are now able to send their dog to explore.
• Pet Training Skill Level 4 – By reaching level 4 of the Pet Training Skill, this Sim is able to Show off Pet Tricks and command their dog to Attack.
• Pet Training Skill Level 5 – At the highest level of the Pet Training skill, this Sim can have their dog Perform Tricks for passing Sims, and will be able to teach tricks to dogs faster.
Collectibles and Harvestables
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs includes the brand new “Feathers” collection, and adds new “Catnip” harvestables to the game. Below is a list of all collectibles and harvestables, where they are found, and how to find them.
Feathers are a new collectible acquired by Commanding Pets to Chase flocks of bird around the world, or having pets explore bushes around Brindleton Bay. These special bushes have “Paw Print” leaves, and are filled with skunks, squirrels, and other birds.
❗ Pets can be bit by squirrels and sprayed by skunks when exploring bushes. Sometimes this will cause them to get sick enough to require a visit to the Vet Clinic.
When successful, Pets will exit the bush with a “Pile of Feathers” that Sims can put in their inventory or open. Opening these feather piles will yield feathers that Sims can collect in order to complete their collection. The following feathers are up for grabs:
Once a Sim has collected all 12 feathers in the collection, click on any of the feathers in their inventory to “Assemble Into Bird Sculpture”. This will craft and place a special statue into your Sims inventory that they can place anywhere in their home.
If the statue is not what Sims are looking to add to their home, or they have some spare feathers left over, Sims can pull the feathers out of their inventory and place them on the wall as decor. Each feather has its own special plaque.
Catnip Herbs are a new harvestable found in the neighborhoods of Brindleton Bay. Sims can acquire them by harvesting plants in the world, or by ordering a “Catnip Herb Packet” via the computer. Sims can open the packet it to collect all 4 herbs right away.
❗ The Catnip harvestables do not count towards the Gardening Collection. Instead, harvested Catnip Herbs activates a special “Give Catnip Treat” interaction.
Giving Catnip Herbs to cats will affect their mood and behavior. For example, giving a cat Madnip will enrage them to the point that they will start attacking and scratching their owners. The effects of Catnip Herbs lasts 4 hours.
Mystery Boxes are another way for Dogs to bring their owners gifts, and contain random objects and collectibles from the game. Dogs will autonomously head into the world and explore piles of dirt and fish, bushes, and other messes in the world. Dogs who successfully retrieve goodies will bring home a mystery box.
❗ Dogs with the Hunter Trait can be directed to hunt by their owners.
❗ Hunting and digging makes dogs very dirty. Be sure to have a bathtub at home to clean them after they explore the outdoors.
Crafting Table & Crafts
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs adds a new interactive Crafting Table object that allows Sims to craft a variety of different items. This table is tied to the Veterinary Skill, so leveling up in the Vet Skill unlocks new craftable items and categories. Items include Surgery Station crafts, Exam Table crafts, and Pet Treats. Craft Tables can be purchased in buy mode.
There are three Surgery Station and Exam Table crafts, all of which help Veterinarian Sims calm the stress levels of Pets when performing scans and exams. The rest of the crafts fall under the “Pet Treats” category. Increasing the Vet Skill will unlock new treat variations Sims can give to pets or sell via the vending machine in a Vet Clinic.
❗ Pets who are wearing the “Cone of Shame” cannot ingest pet treats.
❗ Kittens and Puppies can only be given the Age-Up treat.
Failing to add a scratch post to a home with Cats will result in furniture being destroyed. Unless you discourage cats from scratching the furniture, they will rip through the fabric of most chairs, sofas, bookcases, and anything else they can get their claws on.
Once the furniture starts showing the wear and tear of cat scratches, Sims have the option to “Fix Scratches” when clicking on the furniture. The cost to fix the scratches will equals half the price the item would cost if it was purchased new in buy mode.
Cats & Dogs Intro
When creating Pets in Create-a-Sim, breeds will be assigned one trait that best fits their “real life” behavior. The trait is not permanent and can be changed to any of the available traits instead. When creating pets in Create-a-Sim, Cats & Dogs are required to have at least one trait in order to be created and saved. Pets are allowed up to three traits total.
Pet traits shape the behavior of a pet. Lazy pets will sleep more than others, and vocal pets will howl and yowl more often. You are not able to change the traits of your pets unless you use cheat codes to enter Create-a-Pet.
Cats Traits & Descriptions
Dog Traits & Descriptions
Life With Pets
Adopt & Sell Pets
Caring for Pets
Obsessions & Fears
Training & Behavior
In The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, there is only one way a pet can perish: Old Age. Pets and Sims share the same aging and life span settings, so whatever setting you have set for your Sims will also apply to cats & dogs. If left to naturally age, pets will pass on as elders.
Life spans for pets vary based on their age, and are determined based on the aging setting you choose for Sims and Pets. Their lifespans are as follows:
Kittens/Puppies – 2 days (Short), 3 days (Normal), 12 days (Long)
Adult Cats/Dogs – 12 days (Short), 25 days (Normal), 96 days (Long)
Elder Pets – Varies from pet to pet
Unfortunately, Sims are not able to plead with the Grim Reaper in order to spare their pet’s life, so you will not be able to prevent the death of a pet when Grim is on the lot. Once a Pet passes on, they will receive a special Urn/Tombstone marked for Cats or Dogs.
❗ Due to the culling system recently implemented to the game, to ensure that the ghost of a pet returns to “haunt” Sims, they should use the “Strengthen Connection to Physical World” option in order to secure their relationship with the pet.
Pets who have passed on will eventually come out from their graves to visit Sims in their ghostly form. Sims will have all the same social interactions they did when the pets were alive, and can even add them back into the household.
Sims and pets with a relationship level of at least “Good Friends”, can use the “Invite to Household” interaction to add them to the current household as a ghost pet. Additionally, Sims who have crafted or purchased the Ambrosia treat can give it to their pets to bring them back to life. This will automatically add the pet to the household as an elder.
❗ The Ambrosia Treat can be purchased at any Vet Clinic for §2,500 Simoleons, or crafted on the crafting table by Sims who have a Level 10 in the Veterinary Skill.
Even though a pet can be brought back to life, the inevitable is bound to happen again. If you choose to play with aging turned on, consider crafting or purchasing the Age-Down treat to keep your furry loved ones alive fuuurever.
Tucked away in a wooded area of the Deadgrass Isle Neighborhood is a special “Pet Cemetery” lot. This lot is not a functional cemetery lot you can edit, but is home to many of the world’s ghost pets after dark. Sims can visit this lot and interact with ghost pets.
Become a Veterinarian
Building a Vet Clinic
Managing a Vet Clinic
Symptoms & Illnesses
The Vet Clinic perk system allows you to boost certain aspects of your Vet Clinic through Perk Points. Points are earned while performing basic duties and treating patients.
Ratings & Reviews
Selling Your Vet Clinic
Brindleton Bay (World)
Tucked away on the eastern seaboard. Brindleton Bay has acquired a reputation for its citizens’ absolute obsession with all things feline and canine. Enjoy the coastal views, the rich maritime history, and all your new four-legged neighbors! Brindleton Bay has 4 Neighborhoods and a total of 16 Lots to build and play on.
The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs adds 6 new lot traits available for use on all lots in any world. Each trait has a unique effect that can change how Sims and Pets interact with the lot. Lot traits remain intact when the lot is shared on The Sims 4 Gallery.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs adds 4 new Pre-Built Lots that you can add into any world. These lots can be found by entering your Library in The Sims 4 Gallery.
Green Gardens (Residential, 64×64, §242,886) – Show off some Simoleons in this gorgeous home and its accompanying gardens. Just make sure you can pay those bills before moving in!
Widow’s Watch (Residential, 30×30, §118,771) – This house once belonged to a nervous sailor’s wife, who installed a plethora of windows so she could scan the sea for signs of her husband returning home. Nowadays, it makes for a beautiful family home with pleasant views of the water.
Paw-Reader’s Palace (Residential, 20×15, §59,817) – It doesn’t take a psychic to know that the previous owner of this house was a feline fanatic.
Seaside Stories (Library, 30×20, §108,942) – An archive of some of the best sea-shanties and sailors’ tales. Take a walk up to the top-floor deck for a beautiful view!
Peppy Puppy Playpark (Park, 40×30, §46,052) – Every puppy needs a place to play! The Peppy Puppy Playpark is the perfect venue to get your little doggo outside and exercising.
Country Clinic (Vet Clinic, 40×30, §70,379) – Need to go to the vet, but hate that sterile, medical feeling? Renovated from an old home in the countryside, this Vet Clinic feels warm and welcoming.
Neighborhood Lots & Info
Brindleton Bay comes with 4 neighborhoods, all of which contain pre-built residential, commercial, and empty lots. This section of the guide gives you the information regarding all lots from each neighborhood. See here for info on the “My Library” Lots by Maxis.
Once the site of a mysterious shipwreck, Deadgrass Isle is now home to the world-famous Brindleton Light and the city’s largest population of indigenous strays. Lately, however, there have been some rumors about strange visitors after sundown…
• Deadgrass Discoveries (Museum, 30×30, §108,465) – After almost two centuries as the lighthouse keeper’s private home, this property was converted into a museum chronicling the Bay’s interesting maritime history when a new automated system was installed in the Brindleton Light.
Known for its hiking trails and sprawling coastal properties, Cape Cavalier is the perfect place to go exploring or chase seagulls with an adventurous pup!
• Hound’s Head (Residential, 64×64, §192,767) – The largest property in Brindleton Bay- and with its very own private beach – Hound’s Head has housed a variety of rich and powerful pets (and their owners) through the ages.
• Bedlington Boathouse (Residential, 20×20, §13,557) – Tucked away between the expensive mansions of Cape Cavalier is this humble little cottage. Nothing says “beach access” like living right on the beach!
• Chateau Frise (Residential, Occupied by the Delgato Family, 40×40, §179,033) – While Supriya loves her full-time job as a stay-at-home mom, it’s been getting harder and harder to suppress her dreams of being a full-fledged veterinarian. Especially now that the owner of the Brindleton Pawspital is looking to sell the business. Her husband Justin has always been supportive, and keeps offering to take a break from work so she can follow her dream. But can Supriya really trust him to keep the peace at home between Blue and Bartholomew? Not to mention Pierce and Evie too!
• Dachshund’s Creek (Empty Lot, 30×20, §2,000) – Easy access to the creek below makes this property a must-own for nature-loving homebuilders. You don’t want to wait for your life to be over- purchase this property and get building!
• Hindquarter Hideaway (Empty Lot, 30×20, §2,000) – The Hindquarter Hideaway may be the furthest property from the water’s edge, but the small fishing pond nearby more than makes up for it.
The cultural center of the city, Sable Square is ideal for both cats and dogs. These people love their pets so much, they’ve built a monument to them right in the middle of town!
• Brindleton Pawspital (Vet Clinic, 40×30, §86,511) – This state-of-the-art facility offers the very best in pet care for your sick barker or meower. Rumor has it the owner is preparing for retirement soon and is interested in selling the place to a young aspiring vet.
• Pupperstone Park (Park, 40×30, §33,583) – Featuring a playground for their two-legged kids and an obstacle course for their four-legged ones, it’s no wonder Brindletonians spend so many of their afternoons in this quaint public park. (Dog Friendly Lot Trait)
• Sporting Space (Park, 30×20, §2,410) – Central and affordable, this property is just waiting to be developed.
• It’s A Good House (Residential, Occupied by the Hecking Family, 40×40, §87,180) – Life in their new home seems to agree with newlyweds Brent and Brant. The small-town bustle inspires Brent’s painting, and Brant loves to explore the Bay’s beautiful neighborhoods. But will they ever agree on who gets to take their beloved Rosie with them?
• Domus Familiaris (Residential, 30×30, §43,635) – A charmingly classic home steps away from the heart of Sable Square, Domus Familiaris is the ideal abode for a new family moving to the Bay.
A favorite hangout for the Bay’s feline citizens, who can often be found climbing around down at the docks, Whiskerman’s Wharf is also enjoyed by fishermen and tourists alike.
• Club Calico (Lounge, 40×30, §108,018) – Previously an exclusive yacht club for only the richest citizens of Brindleton Bay, a recent decree by Mayor Whiskers opened up this pool and wedding locale for public use.
• Salty Paws Saloon (Bar, 20×15, §83,755) – From sailors to spaniels to Scottish folds, the Salty Paws Saloon is a neighborhood staple and a favorite hangout spot for locals, human or otherwise. (Cat Hangout Lot Trait)
• Tail’s End (Empty Lot, 40×30, §3,000) – Far from the bustle of the dockyards, this secluded lot still has plenty of that harbor charm (and a beautiful view to boot!)
• Catscratch Cottage (Residential, Occupied by the Lynx Family, 20×15, §49,520) – Cats in the neighborhood know where to go for a good meal. Catarina’s always had a soft spot for animals, and the cats she lives with have the best home a cat could ask for. Sometimes Catarina asks herself if there’s something more to life than cats… usually right before she adopts another stray. (Cat Hangout Lot Trait)
• Ragdoll Refurb (Residential, 20×20, §70,601) – Once a part of the pet food cannery next door, this warehouse has since been converted into a stellar two-story home.
Build/Buy Mode Objects
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs includes 338 buy and build mode items. This includes objects, build items, styled rooms, and every other item that was included with the game. The slideshow below contains 330 of these objects, with the “Styled Rooms” listed right below.
The slideshow begins with the “Mr. Woof and Mrs Meow’s Child Bed” and ends with the “The Seaside Loner”. If you prefer to view the images individually, check out the album.
Food Stalls are a new object that allows Sims to purchase a variety of foods and drinks in the game. Food Stalls are found on the docks of Whiskerman’s Wharf, and the Dog Park in Sable Square. Sims can head to these locations and purchase both Sim Recipes and the new Pet Food Recipes from these locations.
All 3 food stalls are available in buy mode for your Sims to place at home, or when building lots in any world. These food stalls are home to the 8 new recipes for both Sims and Pets.
The new recipes work similar to a skill, where they must be eaten and learned in order to be cooked at home. This only applies to Sim recipes though as they are not required to eat the Pet Recipes in order to cook them. Sims who have a level 1 or higher Cooking Skill will automatically learn the Sim Recipes when eating from a Food Stall. In order to cook all 4 recipes at home, Sims will have to spend the time eating them all.
The following stalls are available in buy mode:
• Foodies Munch and Go
• Foodies Seafood Sampler
• Catch of the Day
When placing these stalls on your home or commercial lots, you can use the “Hire Vendor (§100)” interaction to bring an NPC salesperson to the stall in order to purchase products.
The Robot Vacuum is a new automatic cleaning object that helps Sims keep their homes tidy. With both a low-cost and high-end version available in buy mode for §500 and §1,000 respectively, Sims can purchase one of these to assist them in cleaning up their homes. Sims with at least a Level 5 Handiness Skill will be able to install various upgrades as well.
The Robot Vacuum helps clean up pet messes, piles of trash, and even liquid messes. The low-end vacuum will require upgrades to allow for things like liquid cleanups and increased trash storage, while the high-end version already has those upgrades by default. Here are the available upgrade options for each of the robot vacuums:
❗ The dock and vacuum both have upgrade options. Click on each of them for a variety of upgrade options.
|Low-End & High-End (Dock)||Synchronize Core Chronometer||Allows docked Vacuum to Auto-Clean more frequently||Level 8||3 Common
|Low-End & High-End (Dock)||Install Micro-Incinerator||Removes trash from a Vacuum while docked||Level 6||2 Common
|Low-End (Pre-installed on High-End version)||Add Gizmo Redundancy||Reduces the frequency of the object breaking||Level 5||2 Common
|Low-End (Pre-installed on High-End version)||Add Gyro-Compactor||Increases the amount of trash that can be cleaned before becoming full||Level 6||4 Common|
|Low-End (Pre-installed on High-End version)||Add Waterproof Mechanisms||Cleans liquid messes||Level 7||2 Common
|Low-End & High-End||Install Sonic Dampeners||Sounds reduced while running, drawing less pet attention||Level 8||2 Common
|Low-End & High-End||Equip Turbo-Charge||Speeds up the object's movement, idle and scan-time||Level 9||2 Common
|High-End||Employ Nanotech Diagnostics||Prevents object from breaking and needing repairs forever||Level 7||2 Common
Now if that wasn’t enough, this object also serves a fun toy for Cats in the home. Cats will often “Investigate” the object and then proceed to sit on top of it. When they do, Sims can use the “Start Cleaning Routine” option to allow their cats to go along for the ride.
The Mouse Hole is an interactive decorative object that spawns mice at random. Cats will tend to investigate, watch, and hunt mice from the hole.
The Toy Box is an object that allows Sims to purchase and store toys for pets. It is also home to exclusive toys like the “WHATWASTHAT SQUEEKER” toy which is not found in buy mode. Pets will chew, whine, and claw at toys to increase their play levels. Dogs can fetch their own toys from the toy box, while cats will need to have them handed to them.
When purchasing a toy box is not an option, buy mode offers a number of different toys for pets. All toys allow pets to increase their fun motives, and allows for Sims and pets to bond together and have some fun. Available toys include balls and cat wands.
❗ Cat Wands need repairing from time to time as they break with frequent play.
Self-Clean Litter Box
When cats need to satisfy their bowel and bladder, they must use a litter box. Since they tend to use it often, purchasing a self-cleaning automatic litter box is the way to go. Once a cat uses this high tech machine, it will automatically clean out their excrement.
While this self-clean litter box gives Sims a break from constantly having to clean out the litter box, they will eventually have to empty the litter storage for continued use.
❗ The green panel will turn red when it’s time to empty out the excess litter.
❗ There is 2nd self-cleaning litter box that uses lasers to zap away kitty poop. This one is more expensive and does not require emptying as it does not store litter.
Automatic Pet Feeder
When it’s time to feed your pets, you have two choices: regular bowls or automatic pet feeders. The automatic pet feeder comes in two varieties, and both ensure that food is always left out and kept fresh even if Sims are forgetful. The automatic pet feeder allows Sims to schedule food dispensing every 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours.
❗ Sims are still able to fill and empty bowls any time between feedings. The bowl and feeder have separate options for feeding, filling bowls, and scheduling feeding times.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs introduces the Pet Training Skill. Sims can master the Pet Training Skill by using the “Training” Interaction on Dogs, “Running” the obstacle course objects with any pet, or “Commanding” a pet use the obstacle course objects.
Leveling up in the Pet Training Skill allows Sims to teach dogs a variety of commands and tricks. Sims with a higher Pet Training Skill will also have a better chance of their pet getting a Gold Medal through the obstacle course with no faults.
❗ There are a total of 8 different obstacle objects available in buy mode including hoops, tunnels, platforms, weaving poles, and ramps.
Cat Condos & Scratch Posts
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs includes cat-specific objects that are must haves for cats in any Sim’s life. Cat Scratch Posts and Cat Condos are must-haves for any household populated with cats. Not only do these items stop them from clawing and tearing up furniture around the house, it also gives them a place to groom, laze, play, sit, nap, sleep, and lie down.