Sims 3 Community Blog: Vampires! (Part 2)
Posted by Sims 3 Supernatural Category

Blog Link (Thanks alexa996)

And only some vampires sparkle…

I have to admit, I’m a big vampire fan and I love a great vampire story. Sparkly or not, there is something about a good vampire/werewolf rivalry that is just awesome. As we talked about the Supernatural experience, we decided that you simply couldn’t have werewolves and witches without also having vampires to round out the group.

We thought long and hard about the best way to bring vampires into The Sims 3 Supernatural, as The Sims 3 Late Night had already done such a great job. After brainstorming and exploring several different ideas, we decided to hold onto the core of The Sims 3 existing vampire that we all know and love, but to add in a slightly different look and feel of a more intimidating, mesmerizing creature of the night.

Lots of people have asked on the forums and twitter what ‘more intriguing’ really means and how these vampires in The Sims 3 Supernatural will relate to the vamps in The Sims 3 Late Night, so I’m here to tell you, straight from the Guru’s mouth! If you do have vampires in your game from The Sims 3 Late Night, these vampires will be updated to have the new form and functionality of The Sims 3 Supernatural vampires when the game is installed. All the cool things your vampires could do The Sims 3 Late Night will remain, e.g. reduced aging, advanced speed and skill gain, offering to turn people, drinking from Sims and hunting. Plus they will get some cool extras. One point of clarification, if you do not have The Sims 3 Late Night installed, no need to worry, you will still get vampires in your game with the installation of The Sims 3 Supernatural.

In addition to the awesome The Sims 3 Late Night vampire functionality, The Sims 3 Supernatural adds some cool things for your vamps to do. Vampires can now be created and fully customized in CAS from the start of the game. Your Sims no longer have to wait to get bitten by another vampire in town. We’ve also added some new objects for vampires, such as an updated version of the altar bed and the vegetarian plasma orange juice (a yummy quick snack from the fridge).

Vampires also have some fun new social interactions to make them feel more mesmerizing and intense. I like Warn Away as it’s great for telling the story of forbidden vampire love. Intimidate is another one of my favorites. It’s a way to scare other Sims, but not all Sims are so easy to push around. Some people think it’s cool to be intimidated by a vampire; others are more willing to take intimidation as in invitation to fight.

Have you ever sent your vampire out for a quick bite, only to be rejected by your chosen victim? With Hypnotic Gaze your vampire can convince strangers that being bitten seems like a great idea.

Sims have some new interesting ways to interact with vampires as well. If you have found a vamp that you really don’t like then Imply their Mother was a Chupacabra or Threaten to Exploit their Weaknesses! Did you fall in love with a creature of the night, but really hate their schedule and constant need to nibble on your neck? Ask them to forsake their powers and see if your love really is true.

In addition, vampires can brew a special elixir to help get them outdoors and in the sunlight. Your vampire will no longer have to worry about passing out due to sun exposure. If you are a fan of sparkly vampires, then try out the Vampiric Sunscreen elixir that will provide your vampire with hours of sparkly outdoor fun!

One last thing to mention, vampires have a new immortal lifetime happiness reward that has a number of effects. Having this reward will completely stop them from aging, allow them to be in the sun without any penalties, will never have them be rejected when taking a drink of blood from another Sim and will need less plasma in order to survive. However, side effects of this reward may include slight sparkles…!

Hopefully this gives you a little more insight into the world of witches and vampires. We had so much fun working on these player types. The animators ran around practicing and filming intimidation. The fx artists studied ice cubes in search of the perfect ice blast. The designers and I dueled furiously around the office to practice wand poses. We hope you have as much fun playing with them in The Sims 3 Supernatural as we did creating them! This is all for now but be sure to stayed tuned for more updates to come as we are just a few weeks away from the launch of the game. Don’t forget to tune in for our third Live Broadcast this Wednesday, August 15 at 8:00 AM PST.

1. simsfan95173 says:

OMG YES! NO MORE ASKING TO BITE!

• Brandi says:

^ This 100% Vampires got boring fast when they couldn’t bite when they wanted.

• Cloroxclean says:

I love the idea of not asking to bite, but why do we need sparkly vampires.

• Citrina says:

I pray to the moders to be kind enough and fix this mess. Why EA? Why?

• SimmerDown says:

Don’t use the freaking elixir then… Jeez… and the lifetime reward doesn’t make you sparkle…

• Martina says:

it does..

• Guest says:

Someone didn’t read carefully. Look out for even more Edward/Twilight knock=offs. It killed my love of vampire fiction. Damn sparkles

• Mike says:

it doesn’t they never said that, they only talked about the elixer

• n00biito says:

“May include slight sparkle”.

There, I copied it twice for those that seem to get lost in the text. The lifetime reward will make them sparkle “slightly”. I don’t want them to sparkle AT ALL. So yeah, I hope that modders will fix them.

2. Ruby Fangman says:

This is what I wanted to read when I woke up!!!!!

3. Kaito says:

“Imply mother was a Chupacabra” AWESOME. I cannot WAIT for Supernatural! Witches sound amazing, and the vampires sound even better than the Late Night ones!

4. F@bry says:

I did not understand, now vampires will still have to ask permission to bite other sims or not?

• POpo says:

Yes, Vampires will have to ask but can hypnotize Sims into letting them (which is awesome) or if you have the immortal lifetime reward you don’t need to ask. Also, if you have Late Night, you can purchase the master of seduction lifetime reward and sims will never refuse a bite. :)

5. Perry Elizabeth says:

Where is part 1?

6. Kendall says:

And the Twilight hate starts. Let me stake my claim (pun intended) on the situation: If you don’t want to sparkle, don’t use the elixir. There are two different ways to go out in the sun and only one makes you sparkle. It’s simple. No need to rage or complain about the sparkly vampires. Twilight is a great series that a lot of people like, so EA is reaching out to its entire fan-base. And they’re doing it with Harry Potter too; one of the gurus or designers used that series as an example when it came to the witches with their wands and spells. So there, everyone’s happy.

• Steph says:

stake claim lol…for me it will add a new dimension to the game my vampires leave as is just going to save them to the libiary place them in a new game try the new potions and ltw etc.

• Naus says:

You’re wrong. They clearly stated that in both ways in which you can walk out in the sun without sufering harm (the elixir and the lifetime reward), YOU WILL SPARK. And no, Twilight is not a great series, is just a popular. Anyone who knows a tiny bit about literature can tell you that.

7. Steph says:

TOTALLY STOKED :mrgreen:

8. dyah nindya says:

sparkly vampire?? so twilight…..

9. Jay says:

There will be mods for “fixing” the sparkle. I’m sure of it.

10. Tremerion says:

For all of you who hate sparkling. Go read Ann Rice’s books about vampires. Her books are the base for most of other vampire series and yes, in Vampires Chronicles vampires do spark in the light. But they avoid sunlight. That’s why they are creatures of the night. They must hide from light or everyone will know who they are. Sparkling doesn’t make vampires gay, they can be dangerous and awesome with it too.

• Cassie says:

Ann Rice’s vampires also suck ass dude. They both are whiney and needy.

• NoodleHead says:

Lol but sparkles and sparks are different. They catch fire and burn to oblivion. So they must avoid sunlight/fire or DIE(or be put in a terribly mauled and painful state of being). Plus they black out when the sun rises. In conclusion, sparkling is only a trait of Twilight vampires, not Anne Rice’s. Besides, her vampires are too messed up for Sims >_>

11. Aidoon says:

Thank you Ea no more having to ask to bite a sim which made it stupid vampires are predators who dont go around saying ” Mind if i have some blood ”i hope it means that you can do the transformation bite to and not just drink cause then i can go making everyone vampires it would be really funny

12. AlySims says:

this expansion has me sorted! Creating Willow,Tara,Oz and Spike! oh yeah.

13. Anon says:

Hmmm your sim will still have to ask to bite. They just won’t get rejected :/ . Did I miss something? Where are you guys seeing that vampires no longer have to ask?

14. n00biito says:

I’m very happy they won’t take anything from the Late Night vampires and just add new abilities. I hate all the sparkly crap but at l.east the elixer is optional and the lifetime reward could be fixed by a mod.

15. SimsJackal says:

Am I the only one who’s sad that while they recognized the Twilight fans with the sparkling… they ignored the more entertaining Bela Lugosi vampires we had in Sims 2? I love Sims 3 but I miss those vampires! They were fun!

16. Sam says:

I am making a total Twilight world! It will be wicked!

17. Darryl U. says:

I am not a twilight fan at all but I don’t absolutely hate the sparkles. I know that The Sims appeals a lot (but of course definitely not limited to) to the same demographic as of Twilight. So it is what it is. I look at it as more of a nod to currant pop culture than anything else. The sparkles could grow on me.

18. jonas says:

Vampires, werewolves and zombies should all be able to kill as an option with a related animation.

I’m really sick of how EAXIS panders this game to little children.

Or, what they think children should be approved to play.
    13 year-olds are well familiar with death and murder and in many countries, fight in battle to this day.
    Cartoons have death. Comics are filled with death. Play cops and robbers/var. from age 5 and up.
    Of course, the ideal solution is to make a maturely-rated expansion pack for us adult simmers. Makes perfect sense, would sell like hotcakes and those of us over the age of 10 would be able to play this game as it was meant to be played.

Also, I don’t need to hear the “that’s what mods are for” excuse. Mods aren’t integral to the game, period. They require updates and don’t generally have coded, specific, animations.