Island Paradise: New Feature Bits & Screenshots!

New adventures await your Sims on the sunny shores and beneath the glistening water of an island paradise! From exploring the tropical isles to creating a five-star resort experience, your Sims can decide to embark on an unforgettable journey or make themselves a new home in this new utopia. Nautical Sims can even take the helm of fully customizable houseboats and set sail between islands!

If your Sims would rather be in the water than on it, they can snorkel and scuba dive their way through the ocean. Who knows, they might uncover sunken treasure or befriend a mermaid! With innovative features never before seen in The Sims PC franchise and a world of new possibilities on land and in sea, your Sims will reap the benefits of their own island paradise.

Island adventures in paradise await your Sims! From exploring the isles in fully customizable houseboats to creating a five-star resort experience, your Sims will love the carefree tropical lifestyle. Nautical Sims can set sail between islands and dive underwater to uncover sunken treasure—or maybe even befriend a mermaid! With innovative features never before seen in The Sims PC franchise and a world of new possibilities on land and in sea, your Sims will reap the benefits of their own island paradise.

EP10_770x390_4 EP10_770x390_3 EP10_770x390_2 resort

feature2 EP10_280x175_3 feature1 EP10_280x175_1

TS3IP-450x197

1. Pamela** says:

I am SOOOO excited for island paradise! The idea of having a houseboat is amazing, I may never have a home on land again while playing the sims 3 :D!
    Also, I’m liking the outfit the female sim was wearing, very cute :)

2. venus says:

i really think this island paradise will be my very fav.. so far looks great and very promising… i can’t hardly wait.. so exited.

3. ckpxpro says:

IP looks great! the houseboats in the live broadcast were so cool.

4. Jason says:

Looks amazing! Really excited for the tropical living like in Bon Voyage. Looking forward to more tiki/Polynesian themed furniture and decorations. Also excited for even more palm tree and tropical plant types! :)

5. Deshong04 says:

That one picture which I think may be a part of a resort, I see a lifeguard, lol.

And I think I see underwater swimming instead of just swimming at water level.

Hard to make out but I think I see a pool bar as in an area where sims can get drinks while swimming in the pool. Can you see that structure where 3 sims are all lined up side by side as if being served something? So cool.

1. aero87 says:

It is a pool bar, which is really cool. They had one at the resort my fiance and I went to in Jamaica, and it was nice getting drinks in the cool pool when it was hot outside. And I think that may be a life guard, but it’s hard to tell cause the picture is so tiny. I do see cabanas though. :)

6. Charlie says:

Caribbean radio station please.

7. Candice says:

I hope they put mermaids in it, it would be stupid of them not to considering you can scoba dive, that would be epic if they did. :XD

1. Jasson Tanardii says:

They did

2. Samis says:

Mermaids are confirmed. They are in Island Paradise.

8. nina97 says:

will see

9. jazzminworld1 says:

June 25 is my birthday Thats gonna be one heck of a birthday :)

10. Kevin says:

Very Excited about this expansion!!! Love the new resorts the buy and build items look great and MERMAIDS!!!!!!!!! Finally awesome stuff!

11. shamanta says:

It looks amazing. They mentioned sea creatures/life? in the demo wonder what they could be? Sharks would be cool imagine a new death by shark attack lol. Add surfing and it would be perfect.

12. lolasalty01 says:

They finally listen to what we like. IM IN LOVEEEE

13. LoveSims says:

Love it more that University Life <3

14. Jenny says:

This is where the mermaids appear. xD I’m not a big fan of this EP, but I will get it just because of the new creature.

15. Randomer says:

I wonder if this pack is combined with the questionare outdoor pack?

1. Randomer says:

Would Sunlit Tides gold well with this?

1. pilouuuu says:

And I think that this EP will make Sunlit Tides even better, but I’m not sure that diving will be possible in other towns besides the on that will come with IP.

2. pilouuuu says:

Probably not.

I almost feel like they made a complete EP based on TS2 BV’s Twikkii Island and the island in Castaway stories, so I guess it’ll feel similar to that.

An Outdoors pack would be more similar to Bon Voyage’s Three Lakes and would include kayaking and mountain climbing.

16. alexandra says:

I hope there won’t be a loading screen while you go underwater, like then when you travel to another world, I wish I could control my sims when they dive and how deep they can go in the ocean.

17. pilouuuu says:

Kayaking and BMX bikes will probably come with an Outdoors EP, but I really hope they include surfing on this one. Some animals like monkeys and dolphins would be cool too, but we’re probably just getting more small fish.

I hope they bring back the hammock and the beach towel too!

18. pilouuuu says:

I’m so glad they are adding so much new stuff! The Sims 3 was basically a remake of TS2 with an open neighbourhood so far, but since Supernatural it has been feeling fun again, just when it was starting to feel like The Sims 3 was close to its end it bounced back!

I’m just curious about which path is EA/Maxis going to take because all new EPs seem to rely on a sub-neighbourhood. University, IP and travelling to the future include going away from the base neighbourhood. If we get outdoors, carnivals it will probably be the same. I wonder if the engine makes it hard to include much more to the base neighbourhood. Well if Open for Business and farming come then we’d have more activities that are included in our sims’ everyday life.

I just hope that we are able to travel on vacations to Island Paradise town, just like in WA, as no EP so far forced us to make a new save game just to enjoy its features. I don’t think we will be able for example to swim underwater in other towns. Well, time will tell.

Anyways I must say that I’m amazingly excited about The Sims 3 and the fact that we are getting so many new EPs.

I wouldn’t mind getting these EPs in 2014:

– Farming, maybe together with Open for Business as those themes are pretty compatible and merge well together.
    – Carnival games! We already have some of that in TS1 MM, but it could be made much, much better now!
    – Outdoor life with kayaking, cabin building, mountain climbing.
    – Sports as a life simulator should definitely include some team sports like volleyball and golf, tennis as well.

1. Amy says:

They’ve never indicated anywhere that Island Paradise is a “sub-hood” so to speak like University. All the reading I’ve done just states it’s a new neighborhood packed with the EP like normal.

How else will be able to run resorts? Plus we can build resorts in the homeworld from what I’ve extrapolated.

1. pilouuuu says:

@Amy That’s what I’m worried about. I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to run hotels in any neighbourhood, but will we able to dive and find treasures everywhere? And will we have small islands with secrets around every neigbourhood?

That’s why I’d rather have the new IP location as a sub-hood where we can go on vacations or move to.

And if that’s not the case, then I’m crossing my fingers that they finally give us the chance to go on vacations to any installed neighbourhood without mods.

1. shamanta says:

When seasons came out they fixed it so we could swim in all neighbourhoods and all could have weather so maybe diving could happen.

1. Sophie says:

No you can’t dive in other worlds as the ‘waters aren’t deep enough’ and no uncharted islands can be found in other worlds. They did say they wouldn’t be surprised if a clever modder figure out how to do it.
            You can move your families though to other worlds for 20,000 simoleons in a new patch which will be released soon.

2. Randomer says:

I would like Carnival themed stuff with the games in a pack with Outdoor life, and then Sports idea with the Farming idea. Then i think the sims 3 will of covered all areas. :)

1. pilouuuu says:

15 EPs sound just about right before moving on to The Sims 4 XD

3. Samis says:

We need Farming, Carnival/Theme park, OFB expansions too in TS3. I would be so happy if we get them.

I agree. Since Supernatural, TS3 is became a new game, awesome game. I love all new expansions.

I can not wait for ”Time travel” expansion too.

1. shamanta says:

I am so not looking forward to the time travel it it probably be like WA with 3 very limited time periods that you can only visit and will soon become boring.

1. Donny says:

The time travel EP seemed weird to me too. But when i thought about it the sims 3 is based in the past.and idk if its a time travel EP, didnt they say travel to the future? So maybe with only traveling to the future. You travel to pleasant view or other towns from the sims 2

19. 5050Sims says:

You can just about see the pool bar in the 3rd from last screenshot! :D

20. alexandra says:

I hate the ideea of farming and we had OFB for the sims 2 and it was boring to death. As far as i know we already have some business related stuff in ambitions and the consignment stores.Come on guys be more creative, why would someone want to do the same things in the sims 3 that they can do in real life?
    The sims 3 is about creativity, about fantasy, it gives you the ability to create your own unique universe…My ‘universe’ doesn’t include business ,nor farming…
    As for IP, i’m dying to see the mermaids and what kind of treasures we can find in the ocean!

21. Lilly says:

Farming, OFB and Theme Parks or Carnival EPs would complete the Sims 3 for me. It seems there are going to be OFB elements in IP and I’m praying they add Theme Park rides to the resorts… They are adding water slides afterall. And maybe we can even get a zoo lot? That might be asking too much… Oh well. *Fingers crossed for Theme Parks!!!*

1. shamanta says:

A zoo/safari EP would be cool that could even fit in with outdoor life.

22. Sophie says:

This is gonna be my all time favourite expansion pack! The island looks huge and apparently they’re gonna release a new patch which allows families to move to other worlds for 20,000 simoleons, guess where all my sims are going!