Sims 3 Game Update 1.50 (2/19/13)

For those experiencing the “Invalid File” error, please download and use the Super Patch listed below to update. This is the only way to update without receiving error. EA is working on a fix for the automatic launcher update.

:!: Remember to Remove Custom Content and MODS before updating. Check with your modding community for updates post patch.

The Superpatch and other patches listed below are official patches hosted directly on the EA servers. These are the patches used to manually update your game. When downloading any patches below, you are downloading directly from EA’s servers.

Super Patch (All Regions) ~ Download (1.2 GB)

Incremental Manual Patching below should only be applied from patch 1.48

Region 1 (USA) – Download (202 MB)

Region 2 (Europe, Australia & rest of the world) – Download (202 MB)

Region 3 (Asia) – Download (202 MB)

Region 5 (Japan) – Download (202 MB)

Region 17 (Digital Game Version) – Download (206 MB)

—————————————————————————————————————

This game update includes the following changes:

Free Sims 3 Base Game Content

♦ Sims can now dumpster dive from the Commercial Dumpster pre-placed in Sunset Valley and find cool items including furniture and collectibles!

♦ New air conditioning units and electrical box decorative objects.

♦ New Terrain Paint for Build Mode.

♦ A new traffic light for Create a World.

Base Game Updates

♦ Sims, cats, dogs, and horses will animate properly rather than sliding into position when performing social interactions.

♦ Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.

♦ Gifts sent by invalid NPC Sims will no longer cause the mailbox to become unusable.

♦ The Fog Emitter that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions has been updated to transition properly to the new base game Fog Emitter object. Any lots created with The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitters that were installed since the release of The Sims 3 Seasons will have to be reinstalled for the emitter effects to play properly. There is no need to re-upload any content to The Sims 3 Exchange – all content created with either The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitter or the new base game fog emitter will work properly when installed after this update is applied.

♦ The Fog Emitter is once again moveable once placed in the world.

♦ Placing blueprints on foundations can no longer cause the game to crash.

♦ Placing a blueprint in a high rise or an apartment building can no longer cause the game to crash.

♦ Using the right mouse button to position the camera while previewing blueprints will now function properly.

♦ Greeting Cards placed in the home will no longer block Sims from accessing dressers or beds.

♦ Foundation walls are now considered to be light blocking. This prevents snow from accumulating within holes in a foundation that are entirely enclosed within the interior of a building.
Sims that already had the hidden diving skill prior to game update 1.42 will now be able to use diving boards.

♦ Broken Omni Plant gift boxes will no longer appear in the Sims inventory when travelling between worlds.

Ambitions Updates

♦ Ghosts will now properly appear for level 5 Ghost Hunters so they can continue their career progression.

Late Night Updates

♦ Deleting doors to NPC apartments can no longer cause the game to crash.

♦ Sims will now animate properly when selecting to dance together in clubs from The Sims 3 Late Night when The Sims 3 Supernatural is not installed.

♦ Improved performance in Bridgeport related to Sim routing.

Generations Updates

♦ Pillow Fight wishes will appear much less frequently.

Showtime Updates

♦ The Park performance venue will now properly place in older save files created before installing The Sims 3 Showtime and any later expansions or stuff packs.

♦ Karaoke Machine wishes will appear much less frequently.

♦ The Heckle interaction is no longer available in Sims swimming in the ocean.

Seasons Updates

♦ Sims can now route properly on floor tiles built above a frozen water surface.

♦ Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death.

♦ Harvestable plants that are grown indoors can no longer become dormant or accumulate snow.

♦ Harvestable plants grown inside biodomes will no longer turn dormant in freezing temperatures.

♦ Harvestable plants will now always be watered during a rainstorm rather than the check only occurring once per day.

♦ UFOs can now abduct Sims from households that don’t have enough room for the UFO to appear on the lot.

♦ Sims will no longer become invisible if The Sims 3 Seasons is uninstalled with a save game created while a Sim is being abducted by aliens.

♦ Festival Grounds are now valid destinations for sending a Sim to perform through SimPort for players with The Sims 3 Showtime.

♦ Sims animations are properly reset when editing an active Festival Grounds lot.

♦ Performance was improved when selecting the “Invade a Community Lot” interaction on the UFO.

♦ Performance was improved when directing Sims to have a Water Balloon or Snowball fight on a cluttered lot.

♦ Ice sculptures from The Sims 3 Ambitions no longer melt in sub-freezing temperatures.

♦ NPCs that throw parties in the winter will no longer select Swimwear as the suggested clothing.

♦ Saving the game prior to a NPC Sim’s costume party will no longer cause Sims to reset upon loading the save file. Frost no longer appears to be a pure white surface on floor tiles or staircases on low detail lots.

♦ Reflective surfaces no longer suddenly pop back on when snow is melting.

♦ Rain drops from roof edges now fade out along with the roof.

♦ Water Balloon and Snowball fights are now easier to cancel from the action queue.

♦ Gloves no longer appear twice when selecting Outerwear.

♦ Sims can now be in the rain without an umbrella for a longer period of time before receiving the Soaked moodlet.

♦ The frequency of alien abductions (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered.

♦ The frequency of aliens visiting the player’s household (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered. They will however still visit the world at the same frequency.

♦ The frequency of getting called by an NPC Sim to go out on a date has been lowered.

♦ The frequency of umbrellas breaking has been lowered.

Store Updates

♦ Lemons and eggplants will now show up in the Collection Journal.

♦ Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron, Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball, and Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells will all now give skills introduced in The Sims 3 Supernatural.

♦ Fixed issues that occurred when trying to reinstall store lots.

1. toby says:

still not done this is getting ridiculous

2. Hermione says:

How do you install the super patch into your game?

1. Toby says:

It’s at the top of this Page I wouldn’t tho sim players have complained

1. Hermione says:

So I just click the link and it is sorted?

1. toby says:

apparently but i’d wait till EA sorts it

1. Hermione says:

Yeah, good point, I’ll wait :)

3. caroline says:

i was told to download the all regions one because the other links weren’t working, but the all regions one doesn’t work for me and got the message “the installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate.”
    I updated Origin. Windows has been updated and still it refuses to work. Any idea why??

1. toby says:

simsvip didnt confirm where the superpatch came from

1. SimsVIP says:

A super patch is released with every single patch release. It is the full update for players to manually update their games from any patch number. Incremental updates are manual updates for player to update from a specific patch number. These come directly from EA for users who want to manually update their games, as opposed to automatically updating with the launcher.

These patches did not come from outer space, and are not patches that I just “found on the internet”. They are official patches from EA servers and do the exact same thing as automatically updating through the launcher.

Please do not say things like “simsvip didn’t say where it came from” and “It’s at the top of this Page I wouldn’t tho sim players have complained” that spread hysteria about where the patches come from. 90% of the time, people leave mods in their game files and that is why they end up with issues. The end user causes 90% of issues when updating.

2. SimsVIP says:

@Caroline

What is your region number? The last 5 #’s on your launcher. Also, do you use digital or physical games? Or both?

1. toby says:

im r2 and discs

4. SimsVIP says:

The Superpatch and other patches listed are official patches hosted directly on the EA servers. These are the patches used to manually update your game. When downloading any patches below, you are downloading directly from EA’s servers.

5. simmer123 says:

hello,
    i’ve recently installed the super patch(i removed any mods/cc) and my sims game keeps crashing,
    any help?

1. SimsVIP says:

Are you sure you have removed all mods from the game, prior to installing the patch? Did you put those mod back in after the patch?

1. Toby says:

Simsvip we aren’t getting notified when someone comments

2. simmer123 says:

yep,it wont load..i select my family it loads halfway then crashes

1. Try either A) Restarting the computer or B) Clear your 5 caches in the The Sims 3 folder (social, CAS, compositor, script and simCompositor)or C) A and B.

6. simfan says:

Can anyone tell me why after installing the super patch I don’t have the new gift options when trying to send online gifts? Is there some way to get these? I don’t know if there is anything else I have missing or if it’s just that.

7. adamichael says:

My game still will NOT update to the latest patch. I also can’t download the super patch. I have a MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion. Is EA going to fix this?

1. That’s why…Macs updates are NOT active yet.

8. Rose says:

So I spent the last over an hour downloading this thing. When it opened the install wizard it said it could not proceed because I had open sims games. I don’t. I have no clue where to find the file on my computer so I can try to get it to work, and when I finally decided “I give up” and I’ll just play the game as is, now my game launcher won’t even open. What the heck!?

9. smleroy@comcast.net says:

Same story here … super patch isn’t super!!! I have downloaded and installed AFTER removing ALL mods from electronic arts file, checking off on launcher to run without custom content. Also altho launcher says patched to current version, my version #16.0.136.021017 has not changed I understand it should now be #17.0………..

1. rickycheng says:

No one get #17.0 at the moment becuase University Life is out yet. 16.0.136.021017 just mean you own Seasons.

You can put the mouse to the base game and you will notice the base game version number is 1.50.

Since Generation, they do not update the version of the EP/S
      P but base game only

1. rickycheng says:

it should be University Life is NOT out yet

10. Sdw4 says:

Still no work :(

11. Emma says:

Thank you!!

12. Jeni says:

Thanks a lot! Superpatch helped me again :)

13. Chazzy says:

The super patch just says “invalid file” just like EA’s waste of time.

14. Elladplyr says:

Hi, I have downloaded Region 2 (Europe), but I cannot open the file. I have a mac. How do I manually update my version? I Have been to the EA website and they redirect me to the same file that you have that I cannot open. What do I do?

15. Heinrich says:

Thank you for provided the link. The Super Patch work like charm :D

16. Diana says:

i already update patch 1.50
    when i play the game say i need use the disk. and i can’t play entire game.
    do you know how to fix it?

17. NingSama says:

that watery grave death ghost has changed color into dark blue too!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Matt says:

i just bought a digital copy of base game and ambitions. I did all the installs and updates. then got a message saying cannot connect to download manager. (this is before i even went past the launch screen) so i uninstalled everything and re-installed everything without updates. i got the base game to work before the patches so i downloaded the latest patch and installed ambitions and it’s updates. i am now back to not being able to play the game. i tried to bypass the launch screen and i don’t run norton or mcafee. any help please

19. Rachael says:

Super Patch uses more than a tenth of my monthly internet allowance!

20. tami says:

Installed the super patch and im getting the same error message upon trying to open the launcher. EA cant help me either. NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

21. Lisa French says:

Hi I was wondering if I was to download this patch do I have to download all the previous patches before this in order for it to work?

22. Miu says:

my patch is 1.24 :(
    and now i want to update it to 1.50… Does it work perfectly?
    SIMSVIP PLEASE ANSWER ME :(( !!

23. Sol says:

Is it nesessary to install the preview update to install the super patch?

1. SimsVIP says:

No. The superpatch will update you drom any patch level. :)

1. Sol says:

thank you!!

1. Sol says:

I updated but it asks me a code

24. Sol says: