Island Paradise: Unlocking Uncharted Islands
Posted by Sims 3 Island Paradise Category

Isla Paradiso is surrounded by 8 Hidden Uncharted Islands. These islands are covered in fog, and can be unlocked by completing certain actions in game. Once unlocked, these islands become part of your active household’s real estate as the fog recedes. They can be used as 2nd homes, or even converted into resorts for profit.

For more information on Island Paradise and its features, see our Sims 3 Island Paradise Game Guide.

:!: If your household moves to a new town, it would be beneficial to sell these properties prior to moving. Once you move your active household to a new town, all real estate is removed the household.

:!: To unlock all uncharted islands for your current household without completing any of the requirements, you can use the following cheat: DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands

Screenshot-348

Plumbob Island (1)

Difficulty: Hard

Lot Size: 64×64

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, Sims will need to find an Extraordinarily Unusual Message in a bottle. There is a 5% max chance of finding this special riddle in a bottle, but when it is found, the island unlocks and the rewards pour in. (Tip: “Mermaid’s Secret” Uncharted Island contains a rare spawner that will produce the message in a bottle you need to unlock Plumbob Island)

Extras/Rewards: Plumbob Island includes a treasure chest with §3,333 simoleons, a large Plumbob Cut Rainbow Gem worth §2,278 simoleons, and the “Evolution of the Plumbob” painting worth over §12,000 simoleons.

Plumbob Island

Cay to the City (2)

Difficulty: Hard

Lot Size: 30×40

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, you must rescue 34 drowning Sims from the water as a lifeguard.

Extras/Rewards: None

Cay to the City

No Trouble Atoll (3)

Difficulty: Medium

Lot Size: 60×60

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, you will need to manage a Five-Star Resort.

Extras/Rewards: None

No Trouble Atoll

Refuge Island (4)

Difficulty: Medium

Lot Size: 25×30

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, you will need to complete a series of quest opportunities. To begin the adventure, head to any resort, check in for a minimum of one night, and “Check for Adventures” with the front desk. You will need to accept and complete each opportunity in order to unlock the island. (Total of 6 opportunities)

Extras/Rewards: This island includes a Fishing Spot, and a small one room shack.

Refuge Island

Beryl Shoals (5)

Difficulty: Easy

Lot Size: 64×64

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, your Sims will need to swim or boat to it.

Extras/Rewards: None

Beryl Shoals

Mermaid’s Secret (6)

Difficulty: Medium

Lot Size: 30×30

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, your Sim must befriend a mermaid and build a good relationship with them. One you have befriended a mermaid, scuba dive with them in any of the dive lots, and they will show you the way to Mermaid’s Secret island.

Extras/Rewards: None

Mermaid's Secret

Diver’s Den (7)

Difficulty: Hard

Lot Size: 50×60

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, your Sim must reach level 10 in the Scuba Diving Skill. Once your Sim has mastered this skill, they can explore the underwater cave in Pearl’s Deep Diving Spot to discover this island.

Extras/Rewards: Diver’s Den includes a treasure chest with §1,200 simoleons, raw Gold, raw Iron, raw Palladium, and raw Silver.

Diver's Den

Plunder Cove (8)

Difficulty: Hard

Lot Size: 64×64

Unlocking this Island: To unlock this island, Sims will need to find and assemble 4 map fragments that form “The Buccaneer’s Map”. Map Fragments #1 & #2 can be found on land in Uncommon Messages in a Bottle. There is a 10% chance of finding these uncommon map fragments on any lots that lay near the ocean.

Map Fragments #3 & #4 can only be found in underwater treasure chests. Map Fragment #3 can be found in a treasure chest in Davy Jones’ Locker (requires level 4 scuba diving skill), and Map Fragment #4 can be found in the treasure chest of the Mermaid Grotto Dive Spot (requires level 8 scuba diving skill).

Unlocking this Island: In addition to the above mentioned method of unlocking this island, another way to unlock this island is by saving up 25,000 Lifetime Reward Points. Once any of your Sims have saved up enough points, they can purchase the Uncharted Island Map Reward.

Extras/Rewards: Plunder Cove includes a treasure chest with §1,200 simoleons, Blue Topaz, Tanzanite, Emerald, Smokey Quartz, Yellow Sapphire and Ruby.

Plunder Cove

1. Warner says:

Thanks for posting this. I have only ever unlocked beryl island. the game has glitches with the lifeguard job (for some reason, there are always 3 sims needing help, and it takes forever to help one that the others get angry.

2. CodyIsInLove says:

Thanks for this post, I have yet to purchase IP and it is neat to see how the islands are unlocked. I like how EA implemented the hidden islands.

3. Lorenzo says:

It would have been better if the Sims were able to go in the ocean with the boat, disappear like if they were in a rabbit hole and, if they find an uncharted island, they would own it and you could swich between the island and the city. I hope someone can handle this and makinga mod

1. Warner says:

it would be impossible. the islands are apart of the world map, not seperate. and it would have sucked horribly if EA just made it so you didnt have to do anything to find an island.

1. Lydz says:

true the map doesn’t go that far it doesn’t work

4. Mcfline says:

Thanks!!! This is the most creative EA work since World Adventures, for me!!! Unlocking the island is so fun and difficult… wow!

5. Black Veil Brides says:

Thanks!

6. Cyberqueen13 says:

Thank you so much for this. I don’t plan to cheat but one thing I would hate is to go and do all the challenges and unlock them all only to return with a new sim later and have to do it all again. Thanks for the cheat. btw this is probably the reason I didn’t like World Adventures. I hated having to re-do all the same challenges over and over again. I guess I could be a little more committed and stick with the same sim…nahhhhhh :-)

Thanks for posting this.

7. Cloroxclean says:

Do you have to befriend an NPC mermaid friend for 6? I have a mermaid and I figure it would be great to find the island on my own. Oh well, if that isn’t the way it works.

1. SimsVIP says:

That island is only unlocked when a mermaid takes a regular Sim to it. I have not tested with two mermaids, however, only a mermaid can take you to this island. :)

1. Sarah says:

I just tried it with 2 mermaids and it does indeed work. If your sim is already a mermaid and she befriends another mermaid and goes diving with her, she’ll be taken to the island (and she discovered Beryl Shoals along the way since she swam right by it) ^^

8. Pamela** says:

This is so helpful! Thanks for posting this :)

9. Megaen says:

10. maria_loves_alex says:

My game freezes whenever my sim tries to check into a resort. The option to ‘ask for adventure’ also appears for her at her own resort but the stands there waiting for the hotel attendant who never does anything.

My sim has unlocked the island that requires the map fragments but she keeps finding more map fragments – she got some from bottles and now she has a ‘Captain’s Map’ in her inventory :/

1. maria_loves_alex says:

My sim got her resort to 5 stars and then I send her there again to ask for adventure and it worked! she has unlocked the island. I will have her do it up soon as her family has outgrown their 2 bedroom seaside cottage.

I’m still having trouble with unlocking Plumbob Island – she finds extrodinarily unusual messages in a bottle which turn out to be map fragments and when she finds 4, the island won’t unlock :(

1. RayL says:

I believe you may have confused Plunder Island and Plumbob Island.

For Plunder Island, 4 pieces of the map are required to unlock it; and the map pieces are found via message in a bottles, which I notice you have already unlocked.

For Plumbob Island, there has to be a very specific “Message in a bottle” for the island to unlock, so you have to keep looking for it to be available for you. I’m still looking for it by the way, and it gets a little annoying at times but as posted above, Mermaid Grotto has a rare spawner which occasionally spawns this particular bottle.

1. RayL says:

Apologies, it should be “Mermaid’s secret” – which is one of the unchartered islands – rather than Mermaid Grotto, which is the diving spot.

11. Gabriel F. says:

OMG! The first message in bottle that I found, was that Extraordinarily Unusual!!!

1. SimsVIP says:

Congrats! :)

12. ManGaga says:

I need advice please.
    When entering cheats DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands (to unlock the islands), I do not know if I have attributed to cheat on / off or true / false.
    Thank you in advance for your answer.

1. LoLzer23 says:

You don’t need to have to pit on or off or other attributes, you need to tyype just DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands.

1. LoLzer23 says:

Sorry put*

13. SIMplyTheBest says:

I think my brain got waterlogged in IP because I couldn’t get the cheat to work & I typed it perfectly.
    I usually get cheats to work. Though I am FORCING myself to not use the money cheat.
    I told myself I should just find the islands the hard way, but I was getting frustrated at glitches & lags…Esp underwater caves only bringing me to islands & routing messed up (sometimes).
    Is there anything else besides the ” DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands “

1. SIMplyTheBest says:

Ok, I got it to work! Plz excuse my waterlogged brain, LOL!

But for those that were like me, you need to type in other words to cheat console 1st : TestingCheatsEnabled true
      Just don’t forget to take that testing cheat off when done. I read it can perhaps cause IP glitches. Though I don’t know for sure how many.

Unlocking the islands DID ease the lag a bit for me. But not completely since I need new GC & PSU to keep from overworking what I have.
      (replacing the GC alone isn’t enough. The PSU is VERY important!)
      My PC is W7 i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz 12GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 5450
      Yep, it’s kinda old now…but I don’t have the $ to upgrade for now.
      But I am running game at all settings at “high” and only for “2 lots at high detail” in options. It’s because I am testing game lag in different settings to see if it makes any difference.

But I didn’t save game with unlocked island cheat. Was just “lag-testing”, LOL!
      Trying to unlock islands correct way, same way as I’m not using money cheat.

** BTW, can someone explain what EXACTLY is “superwater” in options in game???
      No one has EVER been able to give informed answer & its driving me crazy since I never saw a difference…

14. Simsrock says:

Thanks for this guide!! I didn’t want to use cheats because how boring cheats make the game but I didn’t know how to get any of the islands until I seen this!! :)

Once again thanks so much

15. Issy says:

Awesome thanks for this! Never realized you had to do stuff to unlock islands. Otherwise, I was boating to them and nothing was happening; just a bunch of clouds everywhere. So thanks again!

16. Anna says:

Thank you, I only have 2 more islands to unlock and my Lifeguard sim has save 25 people from drowning… looks like I’m almost there :3

17. jpollard89 says:

Hi I have a couple of questions. I just playing a new family in Isla Paradiso and they live on a house boat an they just discovered one of the uncharted islands not meaning to so do they own it now? and if I build a house on it for them can they live there but still live on their houseboat? and also can you build ports for houseboats on the the island so they can park their houseboat at their newly discovered island?

1. jpollard89 says:

Beryl Shoals is the island they found

1. Monkey432 says:

You do own the island now and it’s sort of like a 2nd home, I don’t know whether you can park your houseboat there though so maybe try placing a mooring post and mooring your houseboat there. I have not tried this but I think it will work.

18. Becky says:

Hey I just discovered the island you have to drive too. How do I make the fog go away? I believe the island is byrel shores that I found. Anyone that know the answer help please.

1. Michael Yatsko says:

You may have confused Beryl Shores with something else, to make sure it is Beryl, look for the island closest to the mainland, and then take a boat or taxi close, and it will automatically unlock.

19. Maren says:

Awesome!!!! thanks I always get the Beryl Shoals (5) by windsurfing With eihter pregant sims or kids!

20. annabethbrady says:

It seems the cheats doesn’t work. :( I need it because I want to build on one of the island but it say that there is no such cheap.

21. Rob says:

I tried it but can’t seem to get the island unlocked and I have three mermaids. I tried the cheat and it doesn’t recognize it.