Sims 2 Patches
Posted by Sims 2

With the Sims 2 Store closed, and no idea what the future holds for the entire website, I downloaded and re-uploaded all the Sims 2 patches available on the site.  If ever the site is closed, at least the patches will be listed here for future download.

:!: Before Downloading: We are in no way responsible for how these patches change and affect gameplay.  The patches themselves do not contain viruses, so there is no need to worry about that.  Patches change game files, so you are downloading and installing these patches at your own risk.  You must be running the Sims 2 for PC to install the patches.

Click Here for The Sims 2 Patches

1. Graham says:

hi, i’m setting this up on my gf’s laptop but the sims 2 CD/DVD patch (the top one) always gets stuck and stops responding about 30 seconds into the process. Is there anything i can do to get it to patch successfully? Many thanks in advance :)

2. Ash says:

Thank you so much for doing this! Just got a new computer and felt like playing Sims 2, but it was looking like the expansions would never finish installing. You saved the day! :)

3. Phil says:

thank you very much for all these patches as i am really enjoying sims 2 i think its better then 3 at the mo :D

4. Karri says:

Hello,
    I bought the Sims 2 holiday edition when it first came out 2005. I have never been able to load it into any of my computers over the years, I have tryed 4 different computers. I didn’t have internet before so was unable to get the patch when the game first came out. I looked on line for a patch but havent found one. If you have any idea how I can get this game installed please send me a note or email me the patch if that is possible.

Thanks for your time.
    Karri – Hoping for some Sims holiday fun. :)

5. Kayleigh says:

Thank you so much for doing this, ever since they shut down the store, I’ve been leaning towards finding them all and slapping them.

6. Carlotta says:

Thanks so much for taking the time 2 do this. I appreciate your support of us Sims2 workers. :) One question… I have created some houses that I would LOVE to share with others. Being that Exchange is no longer available, I can’t do that. Would you know where I may load my creations to share with other simmers?

Thanks, ~Carlotta

1. Sims VIP says:

You can upload and share your creations on Mod The Sims: http://www.modthesims.info/ :) (account registration and upload approval required)

7. Carlotta says:

Thanks so much! Looking forward 2 sharing. ;) Thanks again..

8. Sims VIP says:

You’re welcome! :)

9. Sofia says:

I have a question. I have the sims double deluxe, is it the same if I download the patch of the sims 2, nightlife and party stuff and use them?

10. Rayven says:

I recently installed some custom stuff to my games. For some reason after I downloaded it, the homes will no longer download. THe neighborhoods will but not the homes themselves. I deleted the lots that had the custom stuff to download into the game and I updated my game but it still refuses to load. So is there a patch for that?

11. Chip says:

Thank you so much for doing this. It seems they really removed everything connected with Sims 2, all they have now is Sims 3 related stuff. Way to show your customers you care, EA. Well, I know which company I’ll never buy anything from again.

12. Pedro says:

I open the patch, loads for some seconds, and then when the red bar is completely filled, it suddenly stops responding. I’m using Windows 8.

What should I do?

1. kali says:

I am having the same issue. I tried to install the patch but it keeps shutting down when the red bar fills. Please help!!

2. Erinn says:

I have the same problem. I have Windows 8.1 and have been unable to install any of my expansion packs as I need to update the game. The patch works and loads and then its says that its “not responding”. This needs fixing ASAP.

13. Gil says:

This is an absolute godsend. My computer was stolen and I have had to rebuild my game from scratch.
    Thank you so much.

14. Sanza says:

These don’t work anymore? I clicked the link, and a small smiley face appears in the top left corner. I’d love to thank you too, but I believe the like to be dead! :(

15. Viviana says:

How do I put the patch on my sims 2 games(CD) ? And how will i know it worked?

1. corneliabyrne says:

I have the same question. How do I put the patch in my Sims 2 games? I mean I noticed they are zip files so i gather I need to extract them but into what folder?

1. Ashley says:

It doesn’t matter what folder you extract it to, all that matters is the file that’s inside the folder. Once you extract it, click on it and the patch will start installing. The zip file isn’t a bunch of files to put into a folder.

1. Macarena says:

well i click on it to install and it says that patch(any of those im trying to open) is not installed and it only applies to that expansion, and nothing more happens from there

16. Veronica says:

how do I cancel the update function on Sims 2 games. I need to get a new computer – but will not be able to continue to play the game with out the game being able to update. Please help– I still play Sims to on a regular basis –do not like Sims 3.
    Thank you.

17. Izzy says:

are there DD (digital download) patch versions of each expansion pack

1. mate54 says:

Only for The Sims 2 Pets and The Sims 2 Seasons. Apartment Life, Bon Voyage and FreeTime come pre-patched if downloaded from Origin.