Official PR, Photos & Trailer: Showtime Katy Perry Edition

Katy 5 Katy 4 Katy 3 Katy 2 Katy Katy

KATY PERRY JOINS CREATIVE FORCES WITH EA’S THE SIMS
Exclusive Collaboration Kicks Off with Katy Perry-themed Collector’s Edition for The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Pack* Available for Pre-order** Today

Katy 6

GUILDFORD, UK., January 17, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc. today announced the beginning of an extensive and exclusive creative collaboration between Katy Perry, one of today’s biggest superstars, and The Sims™, one of the most popular gaming series of all-time***. In collaboration with Perry, the world-renowned The Sims Studio plans to develop multiple games within The Simsfranchise featuring special Katy Perry themed in-game content and virtual goods. The relationship kicks off with a special Collector’s Edition for The Sims3 Showtime, launching in March 2012. Katy Perry will also be featured in all-new advertising and marketing campaigns for the brand.

“Today marks the start of the most integrated and exciting collaboration with any artist in the history of The Sims,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music for EA. “Katy Perry has been a fan ofThe Sims for several years, and her Simlish recording of her hit ‘Hot and Cold’ featured in The Simsseries quickly became the most popular Simlish music video to date. We couldn’t be more excited to work with Katy and bring her distinctive talents, style and personality to the franchise’s global fan base. No performer could better represent the humor and fun of The Sims brand.”

“I love how you’re able to play out different stories through your Sims characters – giving them different careers and watching them succeed,” said Perry. “It’s cool to see the Sims’ stage performances in The Sims 3 Showtime decked out just like my California Dreams Tour – even my cotton candy video screens are in there! I always like to think of myself as a cartoon, and now I’m a Sim!”

Katy Perry became the first artist in history to spend 52 consecutive weeks in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. Perry’s Teenage Dream produced five #1 hits, an accomplishment equal only to Michael Jackson’s Bad album and making her the only female artist in history to achieve this feat.

Katy Perry will work closely with The Sims Studio to create accessories, clothing, hairstyles, furniture and props in The Sims games that truly celebrate the imagination that she brings to her performances, music videos and life. Katy Perry will also be featured throughout The Sims television advertising campaigns, online communications and retail marketing around the world.

Available for pre-order** today, players can make their rise to fame in The Sims3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition. This Collector’s Edition includes The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion pack, plus downloadable content including an Ultimate Stage bonus venue, iconic Katy Perry themed items, and an exclusive poster. This iconic content includes fashions, a guitar, a hairstyle and various Katy Perry themed stage props.

1. SIMLOVER says:

Did you saw the shops that are maybe part of Starlight Shores and that there is a downtown area in the background? :) Yay!

2. Trufan1 says:

This may be a silly question but…what does this mean? lol. Is this what we get in the limited edition, or is this a new edition of the game?

1. SIMLOVER says:

It’s a different collector’s edition! :) Only for fans!

2. Trufan1 says:

Ah…well had I scrolled down just a little bit more, I would have seen the answer to my question hehe. Just pretend I was never even here LOL *sneaks off*

3. Randomer says:

Is this available to the UK? Plus does the limted edition exclusive content in the collectors edition?

1. SIMLOVER says:

Yea It will be available in the UK and it will be not limited edition! It will self collector edition :)

4. gio says:

and sims lips are moving after song did u see that?

1. SIMLOVER says:

Yeah! They are! :)

1. Thats awsome!I wonder how ea did that!!!

5. karen says:

wow is all i have to say lol

6. AznSensei says:

The Chapel Windows are the Windows from Gothique Library, I’ll believe when I see it if some of those items are NOT store content and part of the EP. Until then, I’m pretty sure almost all of them are store content, especially the mechanical bull.

7. Sims VIP says:

:!: The Sims 3 Showtime Limited Edition Content DOES come with Katy Perry’s Collector’s Edition: http://simsvip.com/?p=5218 :!:

8. Blueplumbob says:

No. Just no. I don’t want a Katy Perry-Themed Seasons EP or University EP! I don’t even like Katy Perry! WHY EA!?!??!!? WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH AN AWFUL MARKETING IDEAS SUCH AS THIS!!!!??!?!?!?

Back to TS2 for me. I don’t want some bigshot-American celebrity on the cover of my Expansion and Stuff packs. I could understand a store set, but actually putting it in the EP and making her the spokesperson? No thanks, EA. I’ve just about had it with them. I’ll buy the regular Seasons and University EPs and then I’m done with buying things for TS3. I just can’t stand Electronic Arts.

Sorry for my little rant here. I needed to get it out for people to see.

-blue

1. brit says:

They have a regular showtime too. So if you don’t want to get the Katy Perry verison, you can still get the regular showtime which is practically the same thing minus Katy Perry.

1. Blueplumbob says:

To be honest, the only EPs I want are WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, a University EP and a Seasons EP, which is only 6 out of the 10 total EPs being made, and I already have Generations. It really isn’t like I wanted Showtime anyways. I just don’t want a Katy Perry Sim popping up in my game just to say that she wanted me to buy her new album or something. That would be… creepy.

-blue

2. HEY!!!KATY PERRY IS AWSOME!!!!

9. Bo Nan Na says:

OMG!!! I HOPE THEY PUT IN AN ARCADE!!! WHEN I SAW THE SKI BALL AND NEW ARCADE MACHINES I WENT BONKERS!!! THANKYOU EA!!! that’s the only reason why I bought the pinball machine…to expand my arcade! NOW ALL I NEED LEFT IS A DDR MACHINE!!! :D :D

10. niac1234 says:

I think that the boardwalk at 0:16 is worth putting a pic of too. that looked freakin’ awesome, AND, that could be starlight shores. I hope so! :D

1. Sims VIP says:

This was just a trailer to promote the Collector’s Edition. Kind of like the Parody they did for the Royal Wedding. Remember that? The objects are obviously new, but I believe this was just another staged video.

Any Expansion only video would not contain items from other EP’s and the store.

2. yEAH I HOPE WE FINALLY GET A WORLD WITH A BOARDWALK