SimGuruGraham: Seasonal Lot Marker Guide
Posted by Sims 3 Seasons Category

So, you’re interested in lots that change throughout the year with the seasons? Well, you’ve come to the right place! This thread has everything you need to understand how these lots work, and even includes a step by step tutorial that will teach you how to build a lot of your own that changes over time.

Before we begin though, please be aware that this is a guide intended for advanced builders. You will be using debug objects that were created for use by the development team to build these special lots. The method of using them isn’t particularly user friendly. If you aren’t already comfortable with using many different features of Build/Buy Mode you may want to consider just enjoying other people’s creations from the exchange.

…still here? Great! If I didn’t scare you off with that warning, you’re ready to get started. Here’s the best tip you’ll get in this guide: save early and save often when creating your seasonal lots. If you accidentally change anything you didn’t intend to, you can simply go back to an earlier version. I would also encourage you to read everything in this guide before doing any serious building of your own; there is a lot of important information that you should know.

Lot Marker

Continue…

1. pilouuuu says:

Great guide!

I just don’t like the fact that if I put it in my house hold I’ll have to choose “lock common objects” every single time I exit build & buy mode?!? I can see that becoming annoying. Besides that, amazing feature!

1. n00biito says:

That’s only for the lots with a seasonal lot marker though. I don’t think most simmers edit the community lots that often though. You really have to be careful though if you have them placed on residential lots.

Like Graham said, this is for those that aren’t shy with the advanced options of build/buy mode. I wouldn’t recommend inexperienced builders to mess with it.

2. GhostMatter says:

I’m so excited!!! So much work ahead but looks like it’s gonna be worth it!

3. Belle1951 says:

So will I need this on my home lot? I’m a horrible builder so I’m just afraid my house wont be suitable to play with seasons.

4. Jen says:

Very helpful. And I like that he warned people ahead of time with whats going to be involved with using the marker. And even if they chose to ignore I hope they at least save and save often.