Island Paradise: SimGuruMeatball’s Statue
Posted by Sims 3 Island Paradise Category

Via SimGuruMeatball

A picture of the IP statue that I made. Below is concept art showing how it progressed to the final one. The statue also holds a secret …

BLYLYcMCEAAiykD.jpg-large

1. Steph says:

a secret ? hmmm the lever to release the kracken :mrgreen: maybe treasure

A way to call mermaids?

Joke.

3. Jude says:

From the progression it looks like it might be the fins turning into feet? Maybe at different times the statue is a mermaid and at other times it had two feet?

Is it just me or does the statue seem inspired by the big Jesus in Brazil? I know there are other Brazillian influences in this EP, so that’s why I’m thinking that.

• Jude says:

NM about the mermaid thing… on closer inspection it looks like a snake somehow eats the man/becomes him?

• benji says:

As a Brazilian, I’ve been thinking about that a lot. There are many little aspects of it that I can relate to things I’ve seen in coastal cities around here (I live in São Paulo, not on the coast) – wether it’s the Carnaval costumes, the macaw statues hanging from the ceiling or even a big statue on a hilltop “watching over” a city.

But I still think Isla Paradiso is a huge mix of Latin/Carribbean references. The architecture, for instance, is not Brazilian at all.

• daethaqt says:

My first thought when they released the first pic with the statue

4. Gabe Simmer says:

It reminds me of the Weather Stone… :/

5. Warner says:

maybe it is a reference to Lost, and Jacob lives on the island.

6. Martina says:

CAN YOU SUMMON KRAKEN WITH IT? :D

7. Razor says:

This makes me excited somehow.

8. niac1234 says:

It’s so unrealistic, but I don’t care, but it’s so cool! :D

9. Denise says:

I wonder if it transforms. Like from picture A-D

10. MidnightPearl says:

it may release another eerie creature perhaps, that EA hasn’t told us yet, maybe the Kraken isn’t the fearless creature that lives on the bottom of the ocean, maybe there’s something else(and it’s not a mermaid either), but something more mysterious! :)

11. Jess1281 says:

It almost looks like a fire breathing lizard man on the last design (D) …Godzilla?????

• cindy says:

i think is medussa with her snake head turning your sims into stone when the look at her

• Jess1281 says:

look at it really close on flikr….It’s a snake, the fork tongue…The scaly body starts to appear, or a snake eating the man. Perhaps the anamorphous features weren’t included in the final draft. And everything on the left without alphabet are just different designs of American statuary before non-natives landed there. One looks almost Aztec, Mayan, Early Peruvian…

12. cindy says:

but i hope we will still get the monkeys back from sims castaway

13. Vitani says:

Can’t any of the people who got it prematurely tell us what it does?!

14. Lisa says:

Looking at each one from right to left: looks like it evolves from something with a tail to a more modern man with a advanced weapon.

15. dru says:

Looks like there is a building behind the trees..and the statue is on some sort of cliff..like there is an outcropping someone could stand on under the statue. maybe a ruin or something behind the trees? Not sure cant get close enough to see.

16. deedee says:

I know I’m in the minority, as a lot of people hated him in Sims 2, but I hope the Yeti comes back in this EP. Maybe you summon him with this statue, lol!