Sims 3 Game Update 1.55 (6/18/13)

:!: Remember to Remove Custom Content and MODS before updating. Check with your modding community for updates post patch.

The Superpatch and other patches listed below are official patches hosted directly on the EA servers. These are the patches used to manually update your game. When downloading any patches below, you are downloading directly from EA’s servers.

Super Patch (All Regions) ~ Download (1.3 GB)

Incremental Manual Patching below should only be applied from patch 1.50

Region 1 (USA) – Download (250 MB)

Region 2 (Europe, Australia & rest of the world) – Download (250 MB)

Region 3 (Asia) – Download (250 MB)

Region 5 (Japan) – Download (250 MB)

Region 17 (Digital Game Version) – Download (250 MB)

—————————————————————————————————————

This game update includes the following changes:

Launcher Updates

♦ The Launcher will now show the Base Game version number instead of the highest installed expansion or stuff pack.

Base Game Updates

♦ Added a new spiral staircase object.

♦ Added a new ladder object.

♦ Added a new modular arch object.

♦ Added a set of new Stilted Foundation objects.

♦ Lots can now be partially placed on water.

♦ Holding down the Alt key while dragging out a foundation will now make a single step height foundation.

♦ Sims can now purchase additional homes using the Real Estate system.

♦ Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer.

♦ New Pool Blueprints have been added.

♦ Players will now have more control positioning their lot when importing a lot from the bin to a larger empty lot.

Ambitions Updates

♦ Fixed a crash that occurs when selling a Sculpting Station and sculpture then clicking the Undo button.

♦ Makeover Room UI for the Stylist Profession now shows the correct text for non-English territories.

Showtime Updates

♦ Games that are saved when paused will now correctly load paused.

♦ Online In game messages now have headers to explain who the comment came from and where it was directed.

Supernatural Updates

♦ Sims will no longer freeze when trying to Awaken Bonehilda on Bonehilda’s Coffin.

♦ The Durasoft Rocking Chair now has correct functionality in Aurora Skies regardless of The Sims 3: Supernatural installation.

University Life Updates

♦ Sims can now ask their romantic interests to be roommates.

♦ The ‘Invite to be Roommate’ social is now appropriately available only with The Sims 3: University Life installed.

♦ PlantSims downloaded from the exchange can now use their powers and have the appropriate needs.

♦ Love letters received at University are no longer converted into unusable bills when returning to home world.

♦ Skill gain speeds influenced by the Increased Understanding moodlet have been corrected and are no longer ‘insanely fast’.

♦ Photos taken from the smartphone while at University are now moved to the inventory upon returning to the home world.

♦ The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal.

♦ Sims in the Sports Agent career can now Negotiate Contracts without receiving any errors.

♦ Sims invited to graduation are no longer duplicated in the relationship panel.

♦ Roommates in the home world have been motivated and will now autonomously leave the house and go to work.

♦ Teens who have maximum influence with a social group will now get the appropriate career opportunity when they age up.

♦ Sims that skip class activities or lecture halls will no longer have their needs frozen.

♦ Children can no longer gain influence with social groups.

♦ Fixed a crash that would occur when installing store content while audio is playing.

♦ The ‘Keep Me Logged In’ feature on the launcher has been fixed to work with the latest patch.

♦ The Art Appraiser and Sports Agent careers are no longer available through cheats without The Sims 3: University Life installed.

♦ Sims selecting the Education Career will now start at a higher career level if they have completed a degree from The Sims 3: University Life.

♦ Having a PlantSim in a household and then uninstalling The Sims 3: University Life will no longer cause some PlantSim features to remain.

♦ Care Packages will now correctly show up in the gifting tabs.

♦ All Sims attending a protest in a group now have access to Podium interactions and will all receive the appropriate moodlet when the Protest finishes.

♦ The Social Networking Skill statistic: ‘Total Simoleans Earned from Blog Donations and Buyouts’ now updates correctly in the Skill Journal.

♦ When a Sim is en route to class in the University world, the corresponding tooltip now appropriately describes where they are going.

♦ Selling a Bowling Lane from the Family Inventory and then clicking the Undo button will now correctly remove the Bowling Lane object from the world.

♦ The wish “Play Sports at the Stadium” wish now fulfills correctly.

♦ Sims in the University world will no longer get the wish “Talk About new Job”.

70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff

♦ 80’s prom dress now appears under formal wear

Store Updates

♦ Users who have a large amount of Store content installed will no longer experience their content disappearing from the launcher

♦ Store Sets can now be purchased on the Main Menu.

1. Chanda says:

Can this work on a Mac???? It says it’s not supported. :( FML I just bought the Island Paradise download the day it came out and now I can’t play at ALL.

2. hedgehognog says:

I updated. Game would not open. Updated all my mods and re-added all my custom content bit by bit. I had a few package files that were causing it to crash. Now I can play it, but none of my downloaded houses are showing up. can anyone help me? Why are EA so useless?

3. alicia1995 says:

guys please help me when I update my sims3 the latest update then i copy paste the files from crack to sims3 file, then when I click on the sims3 to play it say that sims3 launcher has stopped working, please help me guys !! I’m trying to play sims3 for months and It’s not working !

4. Rolypoly23 says:

After I updated my sims 3 to the 1.55 update, everytime I open up the sims 3 game it immediately freezes and will not respond. The launcher works fine but when i click the play button a black screen pops up and it then turns white saying it is not responding! I need help on how to fix this problem. Please !

1. crkva says:

I’m having the same problem…If I remove all the cc and Mods it works, but that isn’t really a Solution :-(

5. Allison says:

Not sure if this will do any good, but I downloaded the update yesterday and now my game crashes when I try to play. I can get as far as loading my active household and then when I try to do anything, the game crashes so bad that it freezes my computer so that I have to hold the power button to shut it down. WTF is this crap?

1. Reventon says:

Same here, I see a blank colour screen with vertical bars, literally had a fan beside my laptop so it was not overheating, using Mobility Radeon 5850M

2. Smitty86 says:

Same thing happened here. Ran a repair install through Origin, now nothing happens when I try to play. It gives an error that the launcher has crashed. Currently uninstalling everything!

3. kherin says:

same me! argh! i hate this. is find a way to fix this ?

6. Josph says:

I’ve tried this and I keep getting Update Error: Invalid file missing

1. Sami says:

Same Here! :(

2. JudyGold0 says:

Same here.. :(

7. Between Sims and Sims 2, you were finally able to
    actually move throughout your entire neighborhood, rather than being trapped within the confines of your
    house. Learning some tips and tricks can take the frustration level out
    of the game. Or you can set tasks before
    them and make sure that they are done.

8. nia says:

where do i put this file

1. Marina says:

according to my research it has to be saved in your C drive

9. lindsay says:

do you need to have the disk in while downloading? and where do i download it to? sims 3? im on mac and i need help

10. LongLiveTheQuxxn says:

Wish this went faster

11. Shannon says:

I haven’t played in a couple months and went to play today and it said I had to update. So fine I update (which took an hour) and now the game keeps crashing back to the desktop. Tried deleting the caches, adding every to the DEP that forums said to, and nothing is working. Frustrating and no customer support! Yet they are worried about getting more and more expansion packs.

12. Reven says:

I updated last night after not playing for awhile, I was able to make my house, new family and whatnot but when I went to play again today it gets loaded then crashes. I’ve had to cold-boot my computer 5 times today because the entire system was frozen. I even went through and got rid of files that were a bit sketchy before when I played thinking maybe with the new update they killed the game, not the case it seems. Hope this patch helps.. It’s put me in a bloody bad mood trying to fix EA’s mistake.. AGAIN.

13. Yash says:

hey….my skuversion file doesn’t allow me to save changes made to the version number. It says: Cannot save here choose another location. I’ve tried saving in other locations, but that doesn’t make sense coz the game files are in 1 folder and skuversion in another. Plz help. I m unable to install exp pks as a result. Btw, i own Windows 7.

1. Yash says:

and yes…..i know nothing ’bout computers…..so try being VERY specific….:P

14. LuckyKamilla says:

After I downloaded the new game update 1.55. Everything seemed normal, and something even better and improved. When I was done playing, I pressed the ‘save’ button. And it said ‘you can’t save when you are on travel) and My sims family was at home, I had not done anything different..

And I had to unsave the game.

I went into another city (with another family/world) That I had, without playing I tried to save..
    And the same thing came up, that it was not possible to save.

Now, I cant play, because I cant save.. It sucks

15. Daisy says:

I installed Sims 3 and got supernatural expansion pack and It says needs an update so I try updating it but only loads half way and stops. It never goes all the way and it won’t let me start the game. Says needs to be updated to play online. Idk what to do I just bought it! Need help please

16. Raven300Z says:

Has anyone figured out why the game crashes after the update yet? Good thing I didn’t pay for the game or I would be really pissed off. If they are going to release an update they should at least make sure it works first.

1. SIMplyTheBest says:

O.o
      You’re asking for help for a PIRATED game??
      You reap what you sow.

I have every single exp & stuff pack and the game only ever crashed 2 times since IP. Works perfectly fine most of time.

It’s NOT the game.

Stop stealing might help :P

17. Davi says:

After I downloaded Island Paradise, every time I open a new website on the internet, it opens two tabs; the one I wanted, and an ad. This was the only change I made to my computer. How do I make this stop?

1. SIMplyTheBest says:

It’s NOT the game doing that. It’s your browser settings & the website.
      If you use Firefox, I recommend installing the add-on “ad-blocker”. Many sites , esp mediafire cause a new tab to open. It’s not just you :D
      But I really hate having to always check & close those things.

Make sure you have good internet security software also. Those ads on the side of webpages CAN infect or mess with your PC. Hard to believe, but true :(

18. Rachael says:

I tried to download sims 3 sims from origin and when I do it says that I need to update me game, so after six hours every time, it says ‘you have to install a previous version of the sims 3. no base game detected’

please help!

19. Kweenie says:

Someone has got the incremential patch 1.54 (Island Paradise native patch) to 1.55 I can’t find it anywhere.
    Thanks for the help !!

(ps both aren’t the same cuz I”ve a patch made for 1.55 that doesn’t suit with my version)