Sims 3 Game Update 1.57 (9/4/13)
Posted by Sims Game Patches/Updates Category

:!: Remember to Remove Custom Content and MODS before updating. Check with your modding community for updates post patch.

The Superpatch and other patches listed below are official patches hosted directly on the EA servers. These are the patches used to manually update your game. When downloading any patches below, you are downloading directly from EA’s servers.

Super Patch (All Regions) ~ Download (1.3 GB)

Incremental Manual Patching below should only be applied from patch 1.55

Region 1 (USA) – Download (177 MB)

Region 2 (Europe, Australia & rest of the world) – Download (177 MB)

Region 3 (Asia) – Download (177 MB)

Region 5 (Japan) – Download (177 MB)

Region 17 (Digital Game Version) – Download (177 MB)

—————————————————————————————————————

This game update includes the following changes:

Base Game Updates

♦ The Brambles shrub can now be placed.
♦ Fixed an issue that could occur where Sims would get “stuck” moving to a new world.

♦ Child Sims will no longer “Play in Sand” indoors where there is no sand.

♦ Textures on the undersides of roofs have been fixed.

♦ Fixed an issue that prevented multiple rabbit holes across various worlds from being routable.

World Adventures Updates

♦ World Adventures tents can now be placed back into inventory.

Ambitions Updates

♦ The Gnubb Set now works properly.

♦ Ghost Hunting and Fire Fighting jobs will no longer occur on resort lots if the player has The Sims 3 Island Paradise installed.

Late Night Updates

♦ Drinks ordered from the pool bar will no longer be only bad or foul quality if the player has The Sims 3 Island Paradise installed.

Generations Updates

♦ Elder canes now work properly.

♦ Sims will no longer route through walls to climb to the top bunk of a bunk bed.

Seasons Updates

♦ Snow angels now work properly.

♦ Alien abductions have been disabled on houseboats if the player has The Sims 3 Island Paradise installed.

University Life Updates

♦ Sims can take photos with friends again.

Island Paradise Updates

♦ Mermaid Children can now take showers.

♦ Sims will now take boats, if they are the best option, when directed to snorkel elsewhere while swimming in the ocean.

♦ Sometimes the ocean would reset when Sims woohooed in the underwater cave, because it was just THAT good! This has been fixed.

♦ Fixed an issue with the underwater cave where the tentacles waved forever, preventing Sims from entering the cave.

♦ Sims will no longer pop out of the underwater cave when canceling woohoo.

♦ Sims no longer route fail when directed to fish while in the basement of a houseboat.

♦ Shells found while snorkeling now count towards wish fulfillment.

♦ The text description of the “Narrow Barge Style Houseboat” now reflects its proper size: 20×6

♦ Fixed two occurrences where a houseboat could be created on top of another houseboat thus causing both houseboats to be stuck for eternity…which is a very long time.

♦ Sims can now route properly up consecutively stacked staircases on houseboats.

♦ Self-employed Sims can now check into resorts without the game freezing.

♦ Sims can now relax on floor tiles.

♦ Outdoor grills and easels now work on Private Lots.

Create-A-World tool Updates

♦Fixed a bug where deleting a houseboat lot via Edit in Game could cause an infinite load.

« Older Comments
1 2
  1. Topskee says:

Trying to install this update on my Mac. Install starts, but then suddenly the status bar disappears, and there is still a need to update. I installed Origin. I removed ALL installed content. Nothing has worked.

The manual patches above are PC only. Any tips??

2. bigmacblue says:

Do I also need to uninstall the sims3packs? If so, how do you backup those? I don’t know how to back them up because I deleted all the files in the downloads folder.

3. Jimmy says:

Anybody know if the fishing from houseboats with basements/hot tubs problem has been fixed? I haven’t been able to try it as yet. Also, did it enable us to fish from any boat now? I feel it sucks that we couldn’t fish from the speedboats, especially when that’s all anyone uses IRL

4. roman says:

my sims still can’t take photos together…. -_-

5. Lisa says:

Anybody having problems with this patch. I haven’t installed yet still waiting on mods. Google isn’t picking up much. The patch has been out four days I think good sign, right? One thing has the dark censor blocks been fixed?

6. maya says:

My patch doesn’t work =( keeps saying error

7. YL49 says:

the link of the download didn’t work for me what i can do now?
    someone have another link? (the link of EA don’t work for me in patch 1.55 too…)

8. Sky says:

Ugh after I got the new patch the mood bars turned a really dark green, and zooming out and rotating takes so long, 30 seconds just to make a full circle around a sim! Lets not forget the fact when I tried to play one of my families (with 4 generations) my game totally wiped out my household and the rest of the town..even if I didn’t save it would still do the same thing :(

9. Autumn says:

This patch caused an issue where teens and sims can’t eat food unless its in the fridge they have to “eat leftovers” but if its a single plate on a counter, there’s no “eat” option.It only happens with teens and sims.I know it is a patch issue, because I uninstalled my game today and reinstalled, and I went into the game without updating and cooked a meal, then I had the adult grab a plate, I canceled the action they set it on the table, then I switched to a kid and clicked it and the “eat autumn salad” showed up, so I exited the game and updated, and I went back in and did the samething’ however the kids and teens now no longer have the “eat such and such” option when clicking on a single plate of food.

10. Cheyanne says:

I tried the digital game version and I removed all my mods and cc, but it says, patch failed (attribute modifcation). I’m not sure what to do?

• SIMplyTheBest says:

Did you use the patch for the DIGITAL version? Offhand that’s all I can think of since they make patches for disc AND digital versions…AND regions. Wish I could help more..but I’d have to be at your PC to fix it, LOL!

11. Ashley1990 says:

Hi! I’ve already downloaded the 1.63 patch. But I haven’t downloaded the 1.57. If I update my game with this patch, will I have problems in playing my game? Would really appreciate it if someone would answer my question. I’m having a hard time with my island paradise expansion. Turns out the bug fixes for this expansion is in 1.57 and not in 1.63. I have original base game and expansions by the way, just in case it could help someone answering my question.

« Older Comments