Sorry Folks, No “Solo Woohoo” in The Sims 4
Posted by Speculation/Rumors, The Sims 4 Category

For those of you who may have seen a fake “PC Gamer” article stating that you will be able to “Solo Woohoo” in The Sims 4, please know that this is absolutely false. (Confirmed by SimGuruGrant) As a matter of fact, anything from that article (pictured below) is not to be taken seriously at all.

When new games are in the making, it’s typical to see people using their spare time creatively, and the result is rumors, lies, and false expectations. This is the #1 reason why I have refrained from posting any “leaks” or “rumors” be it real or not.

Contrary to what some in the community believe, I am not on a gag order by EA. Instead, I choose to avoid losing credibility by rushing to post rumors, or asinine articles like the one below. Like I said a while back, this is the first transition into a new series for SimsVIP, so I am taking every precaution to ensure nothing false, spreads as fact.

cby-Untitl

1. Macthekat says:

Which is why I personally find your site the best source of information on the web for sims stuff! Keep fighting the good fight!

1. SimLover says:

I totally agree!

I agree as well.

1. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

1. jenn says:

so true!!

2. powerrock says:

me 2

2. Nothing says:

Thank you for only providing legitimate information. Too many people would leap at the chance to release rumors or false leaks.

3. Erik says:

Who in their right mind would ever believe this nonsense?

As the previous comments above state, thank you for only providing us with facts. I have seen a handful of unknown sites crawling out of the woodwork, posting rumors for site views, and some older forums boards and sites falling right into the trap. I would rather wait a few days for official confirmation on leaks, than get my hopes up for garbage like this.

Keep up the good work Alexis!

1. GranMarquee says:

I believed it…..:/

4. Peoinee says:

There was a part of me that wanted this to be true but i knew it wasnt.

Im not sick or pervy but the idea that a single sim could you know well it was interesting. though im sure this would have raised the ratings.

and yes thank you for only posting what is confirmed. Ive seen alot of things lately that look legit and even have a guru in it. however they are misquoted and then we know someone has heard it and is freaking out.

5. Metamorp says:

It seems like a lot of articles from this “PC Gamer” magazine are false! Not only this article, but the article involving the whole debate over the weight of a Sim and their emotions!

1. Metamorp says:

Correction! The article involving Sims and their weight was from PCGames.. Different magazine, but close name! Nonetheless, still all of these false rumours about this game are being put into big media publications!

1. Grady says:

The ‘article’ is not meant to be taken seriously or stir up rumours it is meant to be a joke. PC gamer have little joke or humorous pages at the end of each issue and they are meant for humour only. PC

Gamer are in fact a very reliable magazine they just have a sense of humour about what they do, something you Americans don’t seem to be able to grasp.

Solo woohoo wasn’t really needed anyway. I’m just happy that up to 5 woohoo spots have been confirmed in the base game.

So far confirmed
    Car
    Bed
    Elevator
    Rocket
    Inside Buildings (rabbitholes)?

1. druella says:

wow. Just Wow.

I hope we get hottubs added to the base game as well. That could be another great location for Woohoo.

2. druella says:

LOL. You are my hero. :)

1. druella says:

Carla..

2. RandomOne says:

I hope not.. If we get rabbit holes again I’m not gonna lie I’ll be disappointed since they’ve been talking about this new tech they’ve found but I’ll still love the game.

1. Peoinee says:

it will all depend there have been plenty of ideas that will incorperate rabbitholes for career only.

for instance in idea i had and ive seen thrown around was partial rabbitholes. take the movie theater the popcorn and candy stand and the movie screen are non rabbitholes but a career sim would walk into a “room” and be in a rabbithole.

i really wish i was able to build well or i would have used the portals from lunar lakes to make things like this. the building is real but there would be a room with the portal in it for the rabbithole portion.

2. GranMarquee says:

There are rabbitholes

3. GranMarquee says:

Where was that confirmed

7. Andromeda says:

Why would anyone believe it anyway? It’s at the very back of the magazine no where near the main Sims 4 article they did which takes up 4 pages or so. It’s a Parody of an Ikea book using old, dry British Humour. It’s not meant to be taken seriously. For anyone to look at an obvious parody and go “Omg there’s masturbation in sims 4?!” would be completely ridiculous. The Sims’s has always been a T for Teen game and I doubt Maxis would turn a game the family can enjoy into an 18+, M or 15+ game just for a little “Realism”

1. Erik says:

You’d be surprised what some people in this community will believe. This articles made its rounds on every social channel as true and factual.

2. Pedro says:

The sims can have sex all over the town, including haystacks, showers and kid’s tree houses. It wouldn’t be the solo woo hoo that would raise the game’s rating…

1. Jess1281 says:

There’s a stigma attached to masturbation that would most assuredly raise the rating. And to be fair, Sims 2 had racier content towards sex then 3 did. And I must be a prude for thinking “woohoo” in a child’s tree house is creepy.

1. CodyIsInLove says:

The poor tree house lol.

8. Lucas Osse says:

On a game where it’s pretty easy to obtain partners and have a go at whoohoo anyway, I don’t see why we’d need the option of soloing.

9. Warner says:

Someone will likely now create a mod for it.

1. Peoinee says:

actually there might be one i know there were all kinds of “adult” mods for the sims 2 including solo ones.

10. 12th Nightmare says:

I do like what I’m seeing, but since there’s an indeterminate amount of time til the release, I’m going to take everything I see with a grain of salt and park myself solidly in the wait-and-see camp until we’re closer to release.

11. RandomOne says:

I figured it was that would have been weird… That’s why I only trust your site when it comes news. Thank you for being honest and not spreading false statements! ^^ <3

12. Cloroxclean says:

Strange rumor, but thanks for saying it was fake. I really wish Seaside Stuff would have been real, I still haven’t gotten over that.

We really don’t need seaside stuff anyway as island paradise came with a lot of ocean themed stuff and there are multiple ocean nautical sets in the store.

1. Russell says:

Cat is right, so you could say instead of making a stuff pack, they took it to the next level and make it a Expansion instead

13. CathryneMarie says:

You are awesome for doing just that. The reason why I follow your site is because of this exact reason. Keep the amazing posts coming and the people who actually want information on their favorite game will continue to support you!

14. niac1234 says:

I’m not going to lie, I’m kinda bummed. XD I thought it would’ve been interesting and I’d love to see them go back to Risqué themes after a very politically correct sims 3.

15. GranMarquee says:

Wait. So you posted rumors with 3 and before 4. Will you continue after 4 comes out. Like with the EPs

1. SimsVIP says:

Of course. So long as they are legit. :P

The Sims 4 Base Game will have rumors brewing left and right. Until the game is released, I’m taking precautions. :)

16. Krissy says:

I’m sad about no pillow forts :(

But honestly, I’m glad this site isn’t posting every rumor out there!

17. wzw1177 says:

I can only lol at this so-called “solo woohoo”.

18. Jess1281 says:

See, I only use this site for my Sims info, so I didn’t even hear this rumor! LOL And Why would anyone believe they’d put “solo woohoo” in a teen rated game. Religious zealots and extreme conservatives would have a field day… Bah, Thank you Sims VIP staff for the solid journalism!!

1. CodyIsInLove says:

Yet the ironic part woohoo between two sims is apparently different that pleasing oneself.

19. Sam says:

As a long-time reader of PCGamer (the American version), I knew this was their typical humor. Can’t people understand sarcasm? Man, no wonder EA thinks they have to bash us over the head with overdone, goofy emotions and big signs that say “Angry” or “Depressed” in TS4. Sheesh.

1. Ellis says:

You are so right! And I thought I was alone thinking about how the mood seems to be indicated a bit overboard in such big user interface notifications and huge icon. :D

BTW I feel a bit uncomfortable that there’s a “depressed” mood… they could have easily worded it into something else, like “miserable”, instead of further enforcing the beliefs that people who suffer from depression are just in a bad mood and need cheering up. :P Unless EA is planning to replicate life with depression complete with total apathy, numbness and inability to function in any way…

20. CodyIsInLove says:

I never thought about solo woohoo in the Sims. It explains why they are so promiscuous and sexually frustrated lol. The only way to get their rocks off is to fondle and play with other sims in a shower of pixelated x rated fun :D!

1. CodyIsInLove says:

If we were not able to solo woohoo in real life there would be a exponential increase in sexual activity with others…..except the only problem is we do not have the amazing birthcontrol that our sims employ. Our world population would explode with all the boinking and banging leading to a resource war that lead to the demise of human existence as we know it! Praise the lord for self woohoo.

1. druella says:

LOL, I love your posts. I am actually a bit tired of hearing about woohoo all the time on the forums etc. We know..sims woohoo. It seems like everytime there’s a new EP the first question is where are the new woohoo spots. I knew the whole solo thing was false cause EA would never go that far. That is still a pretty taboo subject even today.

1. CodyIsInLove says:

It is sadly is the current trend right now, what can I hump next and how can I reinvent it oh look twerking. I find it being a taboo subject strange when having sex with another is open and fair game.

2. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

I have problem with your line “amazing birth control”, no offense but women who take “the pill” are dirty whores :/

1. CodyIsInLove says:

You are entitled to your believes and I fully respect what you have to say. I was speaking of the female sims using amazing birth control because whether or not it makes them a dirty whore is irrelevant for they rarely get preggers when speaking ratio of woohing to actually becoming pregnant.

2. Bob says:

No offense? I do in fact find your sex-shaming offensive. You don’t have to use the pill, that’s your choice, but don’t judge other people on their choices. I’ll have you know that women take the pill for plenty of other reasons too.

I’d also like you to reconsider the use of the word whore. That’s a demeaning slur and if you didn’t intend to be offensive, why on earth did you use it?

Pretty irrelevant anyway to bring up your opinion on that matter.

21. Lisa says:

I’m pretty certain the unsatisfied will have a 3rd party introducing it in some way.

22. CodyIsInLove says:

On a nerdy tangent I do find it fascinating that masturbation has such a negative stigma when it is a perfectly healthy biological practice and it is widely employed by almost all the population to around the effect of over ninety percent. It is has been painted as dirty or shameful when it is quite the opposite. The female and male reproductive organs are much like other parts of the body that need to be employed and exercised to work at optium. Studies show for men who did not masturbate more often than not had defective sperm. This is just one example among many like that of increased chanced for cancer. Now how vital it is decreases with age to the point where depending on a persons biological clock it is not necessary if choosing to not breed. During puberty and well into a persons twenties it is important :).

1. CodyIsInLove says:

So go self woohoo without shame :) You are doing your body favor! It is like exercising your muscle. Just do not let like a parent walk in if your of that age because that is just awkward by any means lol.

1. CodyIsInLove says:

Kind of like the time I threw my parents door open before knocking when I was twelve……ugh forever scarred and will have a unpleasant image forever burned into my mind. The stork is a lie!!!

1. druella says:

Dude..been there. OHMYGOD. I was 6, I learned allways knock allways!

1. CodyIsInLove says:

Lol Druella!

23. Jaden says:

Never expected to see this in the first place, just knowing how the silly ratings system works. But I too honestly prefer if it was in.

Like others who also have said they’d be for this feature, I’m hardly pervy. I just prefer The Sims with realism, instead of a G-rated, overly-happy, fluffy dreamworld. Sanitizing the game only makes it far *less* interesting and less fun IMO. Whether it’s masturbation, or feeling insecure about being overweight, it’s all part of life — just like sex is (or “woohoo”). Living life is what The Sims is supposed to be all about, correct?

Not seeing how one should be any more “shameful” or less accepted than the other.

1. Jess1281 says:

I have to disagree, the way I feel about masturbating sims is how I feel whenever I hear someone say they want to see inside the rabbithole workplaces. I have better things to do IRL or in-game then watch my sim whack off or work… I just don’t get the fascination with watching these aspects of the game. Maybe it’s me…

1. CodyIsInLove says:

Can you imagine them getting a sticky moodlet lol.

1. Jess1281 says:

That is wrong and hilarious on so many levels Cody, lol

1. CodyIsInLove says:

:D Bwahahah!

2. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

Cody stop being gross!

2. SimsVIP says:

Don’t let the conversation get out of control please. :)

1. CodyIsInLove says:

Dear Margarin I was not being gross, merely humorous and the employment of the current topic. If you are offended by anything I say or repulsed then you can let your eyes glide past my comments. Or if you are so true to your believes or god then you would stop playing Sims and have nothing to do with Sims. For Sims employs many different facets that from your standpoint that are disgraceful. Solo woohooing is hardly a horror compared to what is already in Sims.

24. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

Solo woohoo is way to far, one time I saw a rumor of The Sims 3 Masturbation Stuff Pack with sex toys, soooooooo wrong.

25. benji says:

You are absolutely right (as a journalist, I could not agree more with your ethics). Thanks =]

26. jONNE says: