TheSims4_Logo
The Sims 4: Hair Growth & Movement
Posted by The Sims 4 Category

The Official Magazine of The Sims 3 Spain, has posted 10 bullet point facts for The Sims 4 in their latest magazine issue. Included in the facts posted, The Sims 3 Spain confirms that Facial and Head Hair will grow gradually over time. They also confirm that “wind” will allow hair and clothing to sway, which I believe would give it a more realistic touch.

Rincon Del Simmerwho found this new info, was kind enough to properly translate the article for us. Check out all the tid bits below!

1- There will be right-handed Sims… ¡but there will also be left-handed Sims!

2- The Sims 4 will work better in low-end machines than The Sims 3.

3- With the passage of time, hair and beard will grow.

4- The wind will make the Sims’ hair and clothing move.

5- With the Create a Sim feature, you will be able to change the feet size.

6- Pregnant Sims will have unique emotions that no one else will experience.

7- There will be three voice types for men and women.

8- There won’t be Wishes, but little goals for Sims to accomplish and gain awesome rewards.

9- Every life cycle will have a special emotion only for Sims in it.

10- Sims won’t die randomly anymore, like by a meteor strike or a lightning. They will die only by things done by the player.

Untitled

« Older Comments
1 2
  1. Michael says:

If it is actually true, then it is interesting! I especially like that Sims will have their own emotions during lifetime while growing.

2. Arlette says:

YAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY SO COOOOOOOOOOOL

I don’t like the sound of this. I hope there is an option in game to keep hair from growing. What am I suppose to do if my sim with short hair gets long hair unless they enable sims to go into a rabbithole and get a hair cut or we can change it back to short in the mirror.

4. Bobbo says:

If hair can grow and beards grow, could there possibly be a barber/salon shop they go too to get their hair cut or styled? And possibly the sims can shave?

5. Mr. X says:

Sims can’t randomly die anymore?

Sorry but that is just stupid.

• catloverplayer says:

I’m sure they can from old age. That wouldn’t make sense if they elimated old age deaths. At anyrate we’ll be able to make meteors fall and kill sims that was confirmed somewhere yesterday but I forgot were I read it.

6. amberindia says:

now this is quite an interesting news!! XX EA needs to know how to promote their games!! Hair growth is good!! now it would’ve rocked if we had height sliders as well!! XX

7. Holly says:

this….is amazing

8. Nadezhda says:

“3- With the passage of time, hair and beard will grow.

4- The wind will make the Sims’ hair and clothing move.”
    I am very skeptical about this.

9. MItch says:

Pretty sure this means CC hair for Sims 4 is going to be rare, if not non existent. Making several meshes per hair style is not feasible.

• Anny says:

I don’t really mind the lack of CC as long as they deliver good game play.
      That’s just me though.

• Sam says:

Despite EA saying in the past they want to encourage creativity and creators, I think they are really trying to quash any custom content creation, so people will have to buy everything from the EA Store.

10. Warner says:

so when they say ‘low end’ are they refering to computers now, or computers in the future? my computer was considered low end when TS3 came out, but runs the game alot better than some of my friends who had computers in line with the minimum specs.

I cant upgrade my computer due to it being a slim tower, and I am wondering if just maybe, mine might play the sims 4. Of course, by the time TS4 comes out, I will be busy with my last term of college for my A.S., and hopefully by the time I graduate, and would have time to play it, I will have sold my manuscript, and finally secured a job that actually pays liveable wages, and can afford to replace my desktop.

• Mike says:

They said it will run on computers that can run TS3 and may actually be better so if it runs TS3 you’re in luck! Mine runs it well but is slow at times but it is for everyone so ah well.

11. wzw1177 says:

This is good news.

12. Nick says:

No weather, no height adjustments. Not very impressed. What is shown is cool, but I am still not entirely convinced on buying this game. I understand the weather factor, but you need to include bot pets and weather in one expansion. I am still ticked about the height thing. They show it in the trailer, but it is no in the game. Really, you’re going to do that EA and Maxis. Simmers have wanted that feature since the Sims 2! It was understandable it was not included back then, but now! Ugh, what ever, they really need to blow my socks off to impress me at this point. So far it looks like nothing has changed. Why are you pulling out features? I loves Create A Style! If that is not included, I know this game will tank.

• Lewis says:

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to add height sliders?? Plus, if pets were in the base game they wouldn’t be that great, because they wouldn’t be the focus. Just like with weather. Stand back, and appreciate that ts4 is a great game with tonnes of new features.

Plus, just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean that the thousands of others who love it already won’t.

It won’t tank. -.-

13. Nick says:

Wait, will we be able to adjust hair length in CAS? So many questions!

14. Jordan Linehan says:

I LOVE ALL the features. The random deaths is ok for me, because ones I made a family and I has planing a mirage and just POW! the groom died! And I didn’t have any idea and cheat. On how to turn him back into human…well sim. I also want to say, if one of you have a question about The Sims 4. I go on the internet EVERY night. And I get ALL the info so far I maybe know the MOST of The Sims 4. And….go ahead, get ready to be SUPRISED :) and disappointed :(

15. RareRascal225 says:

OMG I WANT HAIR GROWTH

16. KittenCat says:

I want a downloadable taster of the game, not just for sim creation but for how it interacts in the game.

That usually makes or breaks my bank xD

17. Mike says:

People who are skeptical about this, it is most likely true, if I remember correctly the Sims in the trailers hair (not sure about the clothes) move when they walk (one of them jumps I think and their hair moves significantly.) I’m not sure if this was done on purpose as it will be like that in gameplay or just to make it look better in e trailer but yes…

18. Bestdion says:

Wow hair growth and swaying hair this is awesome. :D Can’t wait for more info!!!!!

19. SimsVIP says:

I’m quite sure we are NOT going to see hair movement like this bouncy model: http://youtu.be/6D0KUL6xRCo?t=13s, but I am not ruling out dynamic elements that could make clothing and hair move a certain way when a Sim walks.

Has anyone payed attention to the Voodoo Doll in the gameplay trailer? It in not a static object. It actually moves depending on how he moves it.

♦ Faster: http://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/xLiZ8O.gif

This is the type of dynamic touch I expect with clothing and hair. Just because the gameplay trailer didn’t feature dynamic Pre-Alpha, unfinished hair, doesn’t mean it won’t be there in some way. The Sims 2 had all these realistic animations, why not The Sims4?! :D

20. aero87 says:

Hair growth hopefully means a return of the stylist chairs from the Sims 2.

21. miss sims 27 says:

I am a little bit concerned that sims can not die randomly more. Am I the only one who thinks it will be annoying? The fact that you lose the thrill of your sims suddenly die? :-)

• Waffles says:

Yep, this is my main concern too. I find the idea of having no random deaths impossible, unless we literally have to kill off every single one of our elders.

It’s like yeah, tonight, you’re going to die in your sleep, goodnight.

Also, how would that work with an open world would everyone just live forever, or is this a hint there is no open world. Ugh, I just don’t like this new concept.

• Syrath says:

I don’t think people fully understand what this means and jumping the gun here..
      It was quoted that they are removing the deaths you have no control over,
      such as going out for dinner and suddenly you get hit by a giant meteor.
      Death by fire, drowning, being electrocuted when repairing these are all situations that can still randomly happen but you have some form of control over.
      If you ask me a lot of people wont even notice the change,
      I’ve only had a meteor hit my sim once and I remember saying to myself, um that was strange.. he had just finished work walked outside then BOOM dead. as if wouldn’t restart your game.

At least now its a matter or… if I do nothing they will die so I can have a twist in my story… OR I have the choice to save him keep it as part of the story but move on.

• Archivist says:

I think random Sim death is a thrill I won’t mind losing. But I hope Maxis also does something about the thrill of random crashes to desktop.

• Emily says:

You aren’t the only one! I agree 100% with you. :)

22. miss sims 27 says:

I am a little bit concerned that sims can not die randomly more. Am I the only one who thinks it will be annoying? The fact that you lose the thrill of our sims suddenly die? :-)

23. Karmy says:

Hold up – I don’t know if … this has been posted but I just read this in an article… “The Sims 4 Offline Single Player, blah,blah” and it says this:

It’s funny because then we go back and we add tools later on that give them more abilities. One example from the Sims 3, we added this meteor that could fall out of the sky onto a sim and it would kill them and ” people loved that.” It came on early in the sims, it was extremely rare, and you heard the most incredible stories come out about it. One person was holding this outdoor wedding and both of the families had come over the wedding, they were actually under the wedding arch about to kiss, and the meteor fell on top of this hold crowd of people, wiped out both families. It was the most awful thing! We didn’t program anything especially for this, but this kind of emergent gameplay comes out. Somebody had it at their school graduation on the steps of City Hall. Bam! Meteor. Took them all out.

The most recent one I heard, this poor player, they were throwing a holiday gift party – we added these festivals and parties you could have in Sims 3 Seasons – and they had this party, it was outside, they’re opening their gifts. Bam! Meteor! “We love when those stories came out, so we’ve actually gone back and added more functionality – you can actually trigger your own meteor strikes now. It’s part of that fan feedback.”

SO CONFUSED right now! This article is stating that they’re not taking the random deaths away, but they’re giving the players a chance to see it MORE often rather than a rare chance. Like the player is in control of the deaths, you can have that random death…chance.. OR you can make it happen.

Basically saying that they’re bringing back that story aspect of the game that The Sims 3 lost… the way I see it. Better control of Sims, better scenarios for stories/story tellers and Machinima.

Link to article: Questionaire

It takes about the Meteor stuff on the “Strangest story question”.

• SimsVIP says:

Not sure how that contradicts random deaths being eliminated? Players Triggering a meteor, as opposed to having the game spawn 20 randoms ones in one gaming session, are two different things. If you trigger a meteor, that is not a random death you had no control over. :)

• Karmy says:

IF you read on.. they ask another question about ‘rare random events’ and they said yes, rare events will still occur.

My point was that the meteor death is still there. They’re just giving us more tools to trigger it, if we want. From what I got from the article.. is that now we’re able to trigger it, if we want it to happen, but we can still get a rare random death to occur.

This question just needs to be asked and answered by the Gurus. To clear up the confusion.

• Karmy says:

“People love that stuff, but sometimes it was so rare that they could just never see it in their game, so why not give them the tools to have that sandbox to experience? If they want to generate stuff and make situations happen, we want to put those tools in their hand to have that kind of experience that they want. “

24. MidnightPearl says:

I liked randon deaths, I hate to kill my simmies for the sake of it, maybe Ea will add this feature later in some other Expansion pack for TS4-just maybe! we’ll see then! :) but loking forward to hair flow and animation of our simmies and clothing movement, not like a glued version of TS3, arrrgh, hate the hair in TS3, it’s soooo glued! and blocky ewww! :)

25. Samiistarr says:

I’m not a custom content creator, so I’m just wondering, wont this hair growth thing make things more difficult for cc creators?

26. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

I’m hoping the “hair growing and clothes moving in the wind” is not true because it will be hard, hard, harder for creators to make CC, most of the content I use in game is CC, and I don’t buy anything from the dumb overly priced EA store, they tried to make it impossible for creators to make CC for the sims 3 but it backfired, EA games are such penny pinchers I can see them trying to wipe out custom content.

27. JessH says:

When will they give you the option to change height without having to use cheats or mods. It should be simple. People are different heights. Girls are rarely the same height as guys. You can change the breast size but not the height? Or did they already fix this problem with an update that i missed?

• James says:

But if you changed the high, wouldn’t it affect the clothing? It would stretch the clothing and it would look weird.

• JessH says:

Its kinda morphed when you change breast size but barely noticable. If there gonna go into enough depth to determine right and left handedness then height should be just as, if not more, significant. Height its just too big of a trait that differenciates people.

• Holly says:

I think they aren’t doing to height because then they’d have to work more on the gameplay because it would affect all the actions people have with eachother.

• MusicalDuty says:

I dont want that. I mean. This is the SIMS. A game. Things you do will be limited. So if you have a high sim and a short sim smooching. It would go wrong. Who needs that anyway? Would cause too much bugs. Kinda useless too. Wouldnt affect the gameplay, a waste.

28. Shannon Clements says:

re the meteor thing. I just want to say that while the random meteor’s was strange and made for an interesting scenario, did anyone actually keep that game? I sure didn’t. I had a sim child smooshed by a meteor while looking through a telescope with his father a few feet away, and daddy watched him get crushed.

I remember watching that like, “what the hell?” and then I reloaded and went on my merry simming way. No way was that gonna happen for realsies.

29. Beana148 says:

Wow! I’m blown away about hair growing. Also, the option of the game choosing when the Sims die it adds more realism in the game. I wouldn’t want to kill off my Sims. I’m looking forward to new additions add to the game and will defenitely be reading his blog. :)

30. Llaaaaa says:

i think Ea should have car seats/booster seats so that babies and kids can ride in the car without people holding them. for example if you have a mother and a baby she cant go anywhere with the baby unless she walks, calls a taxi, or has someone with her.

31. NanaOne says:

[quote]Sims won’t die randomly anymore, like by a meteor strike or a lightning. They will die only by things done by the player.[/quote]

noo !! where are the sims funny spiri go to? Died ! As the difficulties for building a house or creating a sim… this game is died !

32. Kayla says:

So there won’t be anymore wishes?? So you cant see what your sims want??

• Emily says:

I am very disappointed. At least we will not have to deal with the horrible fears/wants from The Sims 2!
      I love the wishes in The Sims 3. I think that the ‘goals’ will be just as annoying as the little opportunities that your Sim has to complete in The Sims Free Play.

33. miss_pinky says:

I’m disappointed to see in screen shots that the sims texture still looks rubbery and shiny i.e clothes and skintones and hair

34. Jkid says:

That’s cool everything will grow and added new things like new emotions for preganats sims and finally no wish system no more gay things for my sim to wish about like really like I would wish for things in real life like I wish I want to have a new stove etc and da growing hair n beard with no random deaths new reasons why to buy this game

35. brittneygadd says:

Ok really loving this game already…I think that the hair growing is really exciting…I’m upset with the goals list cuz that would mean we have to do all this stuff like in the sims free play…and please tell me there is a forward buttom still…I know cc better still be available with all the clothes funiture and hair and almost everything…I hope the hair styles are way better than before..I hopen the clothes are more up to date and diverse…damn the hood clothes are so lame…can we get some more clothes and hair styles…

36. Melissa says:

I think I may have gotten lucky when it came to having my Sims squished under a meteor or fried by lightening etc because it happened to me ALL the time. It was awesome. Though having read through the comments I’m a bit confused as to whether this is being removed fully or something I can inflict myself now.

Either way – I’m looking forward to seeing my Sims get scruffy and I’m assuming that by making it more compatible with lower end systems it will be less inclined to crash.
    Late night, Showtime and Hidden Springs all caused frequent random shut downs. The final shutdown gave me the blue screen of death and I had to chuck that laptop out and buy a new one. I’m not sure if it was the software or the system was overloaded but I wasn’t a happy camper.

37. MellowPearl says:

I Love the Sims 4 from what I’ve seen and heard but(I have not yet seen all of the male clothing and hairstyles)as far as I see there are only 4 female hairstyles which is so boring, there should be way more options. What about buns and ponytails?I’m gonna miss them…And the hats!Only 2 that are pretty much the same style…Don’t get me wrong I can’t wait but I just wish you’d spice things up you know?

• William says:

The hairstyles and clothing that have been shown so far aren’t going to be the only available options. They’ll keep adding more until it’s release. You have to remember, the game is still in development….
      I’m sorry, but it’s so annoying when people don’t realize this. It’s really not a difficult thing to grasp.

38. Tracy says:

I wonder if The sims 4 will make the hair more realistic looking! lol That would be nice.

« Older Comments