Sims 3 Game Update 1.63 (10/17/13)
Posted by Sims Game Patches/Updates Category

:!: Remember to Remove Custom Content and MODS before updating. Check with your modding community for updates post patch.

The Superpatch and other patches listed below are official patches hosted directly on the EA servers. These are the patches used to manually update your game. When downloading any patches below, you are downloading directly from EA’s servers.

Super Patch (All Regions) ~ Download (1.6 GB)

Incremental Manual Patching below should only be applied from patch 1.57

Region 1 (USA) – Download (1.6 GB)SimGuruRusskii tells us that this patch file is the same as the others, even though it is a larger file than the rest of the incremental patches.

Region 2 (Europe, Australia & rest of the world) – Download (606 MB)

Region 3 (Asia) – Download (606 MB)

Region 5 (Japan) – Download (606 MB)

Region 17 (Digital Game Version) – Download (606 MB)

—————————————————————————————————————

This game update includes the following changes:

Into the Future Updates

♦ Loaded games no longer crash after saving and quitting while arriving in the future.

♦ Sim heads no longer appear on the bodies of Plumbots on display.

♦ Descendants can no longer own more than one house in the future.

♦ Future outfits purchased by pregnant Sims will no longer duplicate in the outfit picker.

♦ Future outfits purchased by pregnant Sims no longer disappear from the outfit picker when the baby arrives.

♦ Pregnant Sims keep their belly when wearing clothing purchased from the clothing pedestal.

♦ The projection paneling in the Bot Emporium is now interactive.

♦ The Time Portal will no longer disappear when travelling to the future.

♦ The colors of the trees in Utopia will now stay consistent when the camera is moved around.

♦ Fixed an issue with loading legacy statues.

University Life Updates

♦ Fixed Sims not always loading correctly when travelling to University.

♦ Fixed Sims sometimes losing family data when travelling.

♦ Fixed placement of elevator shafts.

Base Game Updates

♦ Fixed Sims sometimes turning invisible after a save/load.

MAC Updates

♦ Improved stability and performance for Mac version.

« Older Comments
1 2
  1. Jessica says:

I have Island Paradise installed, and only when I play in Isla Paradiso does my game freeze alot. It’ll freeze every few minutes, then jump back to normal, then back to freezing. I thought it might have just been my file, but I made a new one and the same thing happened. When the game freezes, music or any other sounds keep playing, the plumbob over my characters head keeps spinning, and other things keep moving, like if their sleeping the Z’s keep moving, it’s like I just can’t move anything while it’s like this. I can’t even hit the menu button, and it only started happening after I installed this patch. Is this happening for anyone else with Island Paradise?

• Rinne says:

Jessica, that is totally happening to mine. It all started when I updated my laptop to Windows 8.1. I’m so sad, my game used to run smoothly. I have all the stuff packs and expansion packs up to island paradise. Have you found any solution?

• Helga says:

Hi. Not too sure what I’m doing, this is my first attempt to make a reply. I just wanted to say what you describe is exactly what is happening to me. The game loads okay but once I start game play it stops/starts constantly till eventually my computer stays frozen and I have get out of the game by pressing ctrl/alt/delete. Also some of my Sims have become elongated and stretched out till they look like aliens and then return to normal. There are even more glitches than this. I’ve got to say that I had no real problems, at least none that I couldn’t cope with before the update.

• Brandon says:

Jessica I’m having the exact same problem. At first I thought it might be the interactive loading screens they added with the latest patch- but after disabling that option I had the same problem. Also, mermaids don’t have tails- they just keep their scaly legs underwater. It’s really getting annoying having my game lag for up to 2 minutes every .5-5 minutes.

• Jessica says:

I’ve talked to alot of other people, and none of us are alone. So I’m almost completely sure that all these problems are completely based on the patch and not our computers or anything like that. I’m just waiting for a patch update to hopefully fix this. Because Isla Paradiso is the only world this happens in for me. My other file works fine, and others have said that their other worlds and files are fine too

2. Charlotte says:

Hey I have the Sims 3 downloaded onto my Origin but when I want to add another sims package it won’t work because my sims 3 isnt up to date on its upgrades and when i try to upgrade it to version 1.5 or whatever it wont complete the process….I NEED HELP!!!! :(

3. Amber says:

My whole game crashes after installing this update. And I have an Alienware 14x
    Windows 8
    Intel Core i7 2.40GHz
    65 bit operating system
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m
    Intel HD Graphics.
    8GB of Ram
    What should I do now???

4. Helga says:

Also I had no major problems with Island Paradiso only relatively minor ones, though I had problems with other towns. After my game automatically updated (which I will never allow again) the problems with it were immediate. I uninstalled all of my EA store content, all of the patterns I downloaded of the Exchange and tried starting a new game, exactly the same thing happened. I’m not too technical but had help trying to work it out. Nothing worked. I’ve been scouring the internet looking for people with similar problems to see if they were able to fix it. As yet this is the only site that I would call significant. I’ve left comments on YouTube and some people have got back to me, saying that it’s happened to them too. Some people can’t even load their game anymore. My next attempt to fix it is to uninstall the game then reinstall it. Wish me luck.

5. Penney says:

is anyone else having an issue where right after it reaches 100% it cancels and demands to be updated again?

• Alistu says:

Are you using the incremental or super patch?
      I used the incremental and it installed fine but I have since learned that there is a version mismatch between the two.
      Incrememntal goes to 1.63.4 but the super goes to 1.63.5.
      I’m trying to get the super now because my game keeps crashing when I’m in the future.

6. Nicole says:

Okay, will someone please please help me. I just got ITF and of course I couldn’t play without having to install a new patch. AND THEN it didn’t work because apparently I have an invalid file or something. I’ve spent.. 4 hours.. trying to find a solution. Stuff about going to /game/bin, yet I don’t even have that folder. Oh btw, your “super patch” game me a super Trojan virus. Luckily I had my anti-virus….. Anyways, I seriously need some assistance. I’m desperate and begging. I need a step by step help I suppose. I just want to play this awesome EP and I cant. :’(

• Alistu says:

Where are you looking for “game/bin” It’s not in the documents folders. It’s located in the installation directory where all of the internal game files are installed.

7. Janelle says:

The region 2 doesn’t work on my computer, I’m in Australia

8. Leah says:

I dled the patch sometime within the last two weeks when I finally got around to playing again. I only had up to IP. The game loaded fine. I got about 30-60 minutes into playing and my whole game froze. ESC and CRTL-ATL-DEL didn’t work. I had to hard shut down my tower. Then tonight I went to play again & the game froze on me twice, I was only about 20-30 minutes into playing. Again I had to hard shut down. I did a quick search and thought maybe my problem was IP so I uninstalled that ep. I put my next highest pack in (the Decades sp) but it froze 20 minutes in as well. I’m really upset I can’t even play my game now. I turned off the interactive load screen; have no custom content or store bought content. I am hoping I don’t have to completely un/reinstall my game & packs as I’ve worked for months to get my family almost to the end of the first generations lifetime achievement. Can anyone help? I’m not exceptionally tech savvy, but I do know that my pc was up to spec in order to run everything before this last update. Is there a way I can remove that update yet still have my game?

• catloverplayer says:

You can always reset the game. You don’t need to uninstall and reinstall. Just make sure you back up your game then delete the sims 3 folder or move it to your desktop then start a new game. The game will make a new folder and your game will be fresh again however if this is caused by the patch reseting won’t do any good.

9. Wolfgang says:

I’m in South America, should I install region 2 or the super patch?

10. Jay says:

Region 2 doesn’t work for me, and I’m in South Africa. Every time I run it, it brings up the screen then says “error”. What should I do?

11. Edward says:

HELLO, HELP ME PLZ!!! i cannot save after 1.63 when planed outfits and made multiple outfits(1, 2, 3 everyday etc.) (error 12) it never happened before… :(( plz help me to fix this problem or contact “them” to fix it in another update… PLZZZ :(((

12. JassonTan says:

Ok, so I’m updating my game to 1.62 with Super Patch and it takes forever to update! I’ve waited around 30 minutes and it’s still in data2.cab

13. angela says:

well its been 3 hours and counting and its only at 9 percent!! I am getting ready to toss my laptop. why in the world is it taking so long ?

It seems like patch 1.63 messed up some store worlds and eps ones as well. Sunlit Tides is very laggy since I downloaded patch 1.63 and it freezes. People on the forums are reporting Midnight Hollow,Hidden Springs and Starlight Shores are unplayable since this patch came out.. They freeze too bad according to what I’ve read.

15. Gogo says:

Hey, I am from Egypt, so I download the one that says rest of the world, but when I opened it an error showed that I chose the wrong region..What should I do??

16. Equinox says:

I found a way to fix the 1.63.5 patch issues! :)

Follow this link and follow the first posts instructions:

17. Hannah says:

Someone please help me. I am trying to download Into the Future but it says I have to update my game to do so and everytime I update the game it starts loading then goes to 100% really fast and x’s out. Then I try to download Into the Future and it says I have to update again! I have tried the update on the launch about 20 times and it does the same thing everytime. I tried it on here also but when it gets to 99% it says I don’t have enough space in a folder I can’t find on my pc! Someone please help me and tell me what is wrong with my pc or game asap. Thanks!

18. Tiffany says:

For sarters i have windows 8, anyways the patch gets to 100% then it goes to the sreeen to ask if you wan tto this proggram to make changes…Now every single time i load the launher the update still pops up….
    Note: I unistalled and reinstallled deleated all CC and still nothing helping it to fully install

19. Aryaz412 says:

I can’t Update my Sims anymore Help! It say” The Setup Has detected that the installed
    Game Region for This Update Is incorrect” like that Help!

20. Aryaz412 says:

How to change Game region ?

21. Ekoponny says:

Hello, I would like some help please. I ended up doing a complete reistall last weekend and now my patch/game level is at 1.62.

Can I use the 1.63 patch for my region (europe) or should I use the superpatch for all regions?

« Older Comments