There’s a new Sims 4 update available now in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto update once you open Origin. If you have auto updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking on the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 1.0.677.20. If you have updated but it is not showing the correct game version, starts the game, shut it down, and then it will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
- New decorative object! The High-Rider Gnome has journeyed long from his hidden grotto in the tropics to join you in The Sims 4. He’s eagerly awaiting your arrival in Build Mode, ready to grace your homes with his feats of stationary flamingo bronco busting!
- Look for him in Build Mode in the Outdoors or Decorations sorts, or type Gnome in the search box.
- Sim and object highlights can now be toggled on/off by entering hovereffects on/off in the cheat console (this will eliminate the white border on a Sim or an object when you hover over it to interact). In addition, you can add -nohovereffects to the Command Line Arguments. In order to add the argument:
- Open the Origin client, right click on The Sims 4 game box art, select “View Game Properties”, click “Game Properties”, enter -nohovereffects into the text box, and then click Apply.
Bug Fixes / Issues
- Fixed an issue with some gallery downloads that were causing the game to hang.
- Fixed several bugs that would result in incorrect relationship states between Sims.
- For players using the “cas.fulleditmode” cheat to go back and adjust Sims after they’ve been created, note that using this cheat will still allow you to manually select invalid relationships. Please exercise caution when changing relationships while using this cheat.
- The automated filtering used for Gallery uploads was unintentionally blocking the words “gay”, “homosexual”, or “homosapien”. It has now been fixed and these terms will not be blocked or prevented.
- Fixed a crash that would result if a block without walls was saved as a room.