EA Norway conducted an interview with Ryan Vaughan regarding Sims 3 Generations. Below is the translated article. Thanks to SimGoodie for pointing it out. There is not too much new information, but I figured I would go ahead and post anyway.
1. Will the teenage years and years to young adults divided into semesters at the university as in The Sims 2 Life’s school?
In The Sims 3 Generations of parents have the ability to send children and teens to different boarding schools. They can choose anything from military school to the sports academy, and has plenty to choose from to give their children a proper education!
2. Can you give some examples of mischief?
The Sims 3 Generations have two kinds of mischief: traps and pranks in public places. The traps may include everything from making sure the toilet explodes the next time a sim goes down to place a fart cushion under a sofa cushion! Ramp Lines that can be done in public places may be to call in and run, dropping stink bombs, and more!
3. If the new careers?
The Sims 3 Generations Sims can try to kindergarten sector. How many screaming children manage your Sims to care for at once?
4. Is there a way to make gold if your Sims are really good with the chemistry set?
They can not make enough gold, but they can make lots of new potions that can help them reach their goals, which make about themselves to the ghosts, and more!
5. Sims can have a funeral when someone in the family dies?
We have not added any special functionality in connection with funerals, but there are a number of new fittings that teenage parties, graduation parties and bachelor parties! We’ve also added fun stuff at the wedding – remember to check it out!
6. Will the memory system to be like what we had in The Sims 2, or what are the new features?
For the first time, you can upload and share a description and a screenshot of your Sims’ memories on Facebook and TheSims3.com! You can also create your own memories and add your own descriptions.
7. There is so much going on in life that depends on the weather, so it feels natural that the weather would be an element in this expansion. Will there finally to be be in The Sims 3?
The Sims 3 Sims Generations focuses on the experience of a long life, activities, circumstances and emotions that define who they are through the various stages in life. We would, for example, that children phase of life should be about imagination, things going on in their children’s thoughts, not necessarily what happens in the real world. Each phase of life is defined by how your Sims feel.
8. Apart from sharing feature, comes this extension to make the sims 3 which we have not seen in previous expansion packs for The Sims and The Sims 2?
I wish I had room for all! But a few things I can mention. Fantasy friend is a new type of sim, we have never had to before. Fantasy friend begins as a doll that no one else can see, but as the children build up a good enough relationship with the doll, it can be turned into a true friend! Need a treat or help to tidy up? Just ask fantasy sweetie! Bunk beds are also new, not only in The Sims 3, but in the entire Sims series! The players have asked about these since the original The Sims, so we are thrilled to finally get them in Generations.
9. What do you think is the best thing about this extension?
There are several new cool features that have never been involved in the series before, but my favorite thing is a fun, new element in sim creation. Namely, body hair! It is the first time we’ve had this in The Sims, and it’s death cult!