EA TO SHOWCASE THE YEAR’S BEST ENTERTAINMENT AT GAMESCOM 2011
Top IP Transforming to Year Round Digital Businesses Across Console, Online, Mobile and Social
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) will showcase the best of interactive entertainment at this year’s gamescom in Cologne, Germany. The company’s top intellectual properties are set to delight visitors, highlighting this year’s blockbuster launches and offerings for console, mobile phones, tablets and the Web.
Jens Uwe Intat, Senior Vice President of EA European Publishing, said, “The old model of making games every few years to coincide with new hardware launches is gone. We have a very powerful set of games for today’s consoles, and now we offer that IP to players as year-round entertainment across all of their devices and platforms. We’re looking forward to our fans’ response when they get hands-on with our line-up at the show — we think they’ll like what they see”.
Highlights at the show include:
- 350 gaming stations at the EA booth allowing more consumers than ever before to get hands-on play with each game.
- FIFA 12: Huge space that puts players on the pitch to experience the gameplay action.
- Battlefield 3™: A dedicated 64-person multiplayer area with the most authentic modern shooter experience of the year.
- STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™: 36 hands-on stations with Origin Worlds and 16 hands-on stations for PvP.
- Need for Speed™ The Run: Get behind the wheel in a race for your life from the Golden Gate to the Empire State.
- The Sims™ 3 Pets: Hands-on play on all platforms
- Mass Effect™ 3: A high octane alien invasion adventure explodes in an all-out galactic war. The time has come to join the war effort and experience the industry’s most critically acclaimed RPG first-hand.
- The Sims™ Social: The Sims on Facebook® — coming soon!
- The Secret World: Funcom producers will be showing an exciting live demo in one of many dungeons, highlighting combat, progression and boss fights.
EA Press Briefing at gamescom, August 16:
Palladium, Tuesday, August 16th, 4pm (doors open at 3:30pm)
Schanzenstraße 36, Gebäude 197, 51063 Cologne. For media and invited guests only.
EA Press Briefing Webcast:
A webcast and replay of EA’s Press Briefing at gamescom will be available for all viewers at http://live-event.ea.com/
EA Booth: Hall 6 / B070, August 17-21
Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, FIFA Manager 12, Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed The Run, The Secret World, STAR WARS: The Old Republic, The Sims 3 Pets, and The Sims Social
Behind Closed Doors Game Presentations, August 17-21
EA Business Lounge, Hall 5.1 / A010. For media by appointment only.
Battlefield 3, Burnout™ Crash!, Dragon Age™ Legends, FIFA 12, FIFA Manager, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™, Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed The Run, Need for Speed World, SSX™, STAR WARS: The Old Republic, The Secret World, The Sims 3 Pets, New games from EAi include The Sims Social; Restaurant City: Gourmet Edition from Playfish™, EA SPORTS™ FIFA Superstars and Pet Society™ Vacation; EA Mobile™ offers FIFA 12, Battlefield 3: Aftershock, Spy Mouse™ and Theme Park™; and Chillingo offers Pixel Ranger, Rogue Sky, Swing the Bat, Gum Drop, Contre Jour, and Roll in the Hole.