Editing meshes in Sims 4
Just to get this out of the way, I am in no way a master at this stuff. To be honest, I actually just begun learning about meshing so I thought i’d share what I’ve learnt with you all.
What this tutorial will teach you:
- How to create default replacement meshes (i.e. editing the the original to create a new default replacement)
- How to grab a mesh from the game and into milkshape
- How to get the game to recognize the edited mesh
What this tutorial will not teach you:
- How to do recolours/texturing
- How to mesh in-depth
- How to create non-default meshes –this means you cannot create your own mesh. You can only edit an extracted mesh.
This tutorial assumes you know the basics of meshing and are familiar with Milkshape.
You cannot add or remove vertices at the moment so all we can pretty much do is shift them around.
Here’s what we’ll be accomplishing: