There are multiple ways to acquire a Voodoo Doll in The Sims 4: Leveling up in the Mischief Skill, Fishing and Digging. This guide contains all the information you need on finding and using the Voodoo Doll.
Getting Your Hands on a Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Dolls can be acquired by raising the Mischief Skill, when fishing in the far back waters of the Oasis Springs Park, when fishing in the waters of the Forgotten Grotto and Sylvan Glades, and found when digging for treasures. The easiest way to get one is leveling up your Mischief Skill.
Once your Sim has raised their Mischief Skill to a Level 3, they will have the option to purchase the Voodoo Doll via computer for §950 simoleons. To raise a Sim’s Mischief Skill, use the Mischief socials on other Sims. When your Sim reaches Level 2 of the Mischief Skill, they will also be able to use the computer or tablet just like that cheap drawing tablet with screen to “troll teh forums”. This interaction raises the Mischief skill much faster.
❗ Sims with the Evil trait will automatically have the option to “troll teh forums”.
Using the Voodoo Doll
No matter how you have acquired the VooDoo doll, you will need at least a Level 1 in the Mischief Skill to use it. Once you have reached this level in the skill, you will have to “Bind” the Voodoo to a specific Sim in order to use it. Anyone from your friendship panel can be chosen, so long as they are on the same active lot as you.
❗ Sims with a lower Mischief Skill will not always be successful at binding the doll to a Sim.
❗ You cannot bind a Voodoo Doll to a child.
❗ Children cannot use Voodoo Dolls.
❗ Sims can purchase multiple Voodoo Dolls and bind them to multiple Sims.
The Voodoo Doll comes with some default interactions at Level 1 of the Mischief Skill, but leveling up the skill unlocks two additional interactions. Below is the full list of Voodoo Doll interactions:
• Summon – Targeted Sim will come to the active lot
• Poke (Level 1 Mischief Skill) – Targeted Sim will receive the Pain Moodlet and “Angry” Emotion.
• Frolic (Level 1 Mischief Skill) – Targeted Sim will receive the Joy Moodlet and “Playful” Emotion.
• Tickle (Level 3 Mischief Skill) – Targeted Sim will receive the Uneasy Moodlet and “Uncomfortable” Emotion.
• Soak (Level 5 Mischief Skill) – Targeted Sim will receive the Dazed Moodlet and “Dazed” Emotion.
• Toy with Death (Level 5 Mischief Skill – Only available during death) – Grim Reaper will lose the ability to kill a dying Sim.
• BONUS: Cuddle – Sims who have a Level 2 in the Charisma Skill will receive this bonus interaction. Targeted Sim will receive the Flirty Moodlet and “Flirty” Emotion.
Not all Voodoo Doll actions are successful. Sims with higher Mischief Skills are most likely to succeed, however, all Sims risk a Voodoo Doll backfire and failure.
• Successful Voodoo – Active Sim will receive the “Confident” Moodlet and Emotion.
• Backfire Voodoo – Active Sim will receive the “Uncomfortable” Moodlet and Emotion.
• Failed Voodoo – Active Sim will receive the “Sad” Moodlet and Emotion.
Binding the Voodoo Doll is not permanent, and can be undone by selecting “Unbind” from the doll’s options. The “unbind” option is only available to Sims with a Level 5 in the Mischief Skill.
If you have chosen to bind someone who does not live in your current household, you will have to “Summon” them and unbind them once they are on your active lot.
❗ You are able to use Voodoo interactions on Sims that are not on your current lot
❗ You cannot “Summon” Sims who are at work