❗ Application Submissions for current positions has ended. We have received well over 100 applications thus far, and will be reviewing each and every one extensively. For those who applied, look out for an email response from SimsVIP sometime in the next week. Thank you to everyone for the continued support and for your interest in joining SimsVIP’s team.
In an effort to increase our support to The Sims 4 community, we’re modifying our vision to keep aligned with our passion for The Sims. The Sims Community is a vast, expansive, dynamic, community and we are recruiting passionate individuals to help expand the amount of content we want to drive here at SimsVIP.
If you’re a die-hard Sims fan and love to write about your favorite game, this is your chance to join one of the largest Sims sites in the community. With over 1.5 million average monthly readers, SimsVIP is now expanding, and looking for experienced writers to fill a number of positions on the site. Details below.
• Online Reporters – This position consists of finding and posting daily news about The Sims series. Examples include official blogs, videos, screenshots, and more. SimsVIP would also give you the training needed to find relevant news not typically available on official channels.
• Original Content Creators – This position consists of writing unique and original pieces for The Sims series. Examples include “Top 10 Facts” posts, game history, game reviews, and stories that integrate recent game releases.
• Guide Writers – This position consists of writing strategic guides and tutorials for The Sims 4 Base Game. This position is more of a “behind-the-scenes” position, but all content is posted publicly to the site. It’s important to note that all content written for SimsVIP is property of SimsVIP.
• Modders and Game Code Readers – This position consists of sifting through new patches and its game code to find otherwise unattainable information. While information found through this method is not always indicative of future game content, it is another way to bring news to our readers.
Note for Online Reporters: SimsVIP has, and always will be, a news site. We do not inject personal opinion in news reporting, so it is important to understand that you are JUST reporting the news. Should you have a statement to make regarding any of the content you post, feel free to use comments.
Note for Original Content Creators: Your position as an Original Content Creator is to form an article of opinion and commentary. Your articles will be labeled as such to allow distinction between news and original reporting. The above note for Online Reporters DOES NOT apply to you.
SimsVIP wants to continue to establish a very diverse team, but there are some requirements and restrictions you need to be aware of prior to joining the team.
• MUST BE 17 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER – This restriction is in place for us to ensure maturity, reliability, and a hassle-free experience. If you feel that you qualify for a position, and are less than two months away from turning 17, feel free to state that in your application and we will consider it.
• Intermediate and Experienced writers only – To ensure the content produced on the site is of high quality, it is an absolute requirement for you to have above-average writing skills. Providing examples of your work is a plus.
• Average knowledge of HTML – While SimsVIP will help guide you through some of the basic HTML language on the site, it is required that you at least have an idea of what HTML is and how to use it.
• WordPress Savvy – SimsVIP uses WordPress as the platform for writing content on the site, and it is expected that you have some common knowledge of how the platform works and how to use it.
• Reliability – SimsVIP is looking to boast a solid staff. We require that you apply with the intent to complete projects you take on, and also dedicate time to fulfill your position on the site. We are human though, and understand that life gets the best of us sometimes. You will never be expected to put the site ahead of your life. We only want to ensure we recruit a reliable and dedicated group of people.
• Location – SimsVIP welcomes all English-Speaking persons from around the world, and is seeking individuals from certain time zones to ensure a constant flow of news. Individuals from the United States, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland are in high demand.
• Passion – To ensure the content you produce is created with the fans in mind, it’s important to us that you have great passion for The Sims and the content you write. We want you to have fun being a part of the SimsVIP family.
• Must own The Sims 4 Base Game – The Sims 4 is the current installment of the series, so we require that you own The Sims 4, and have basic knowledge of the game.
Note: In the event that you do not have experience in some of the categories above, that doesn’t necessarily disqualify you for that position. We’re willing to guide and train you if you’re willing to learn.
THESE ARE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS. I’d love to tell you that the positions pay a living salary, but at this time they do not. While SimsVIP does bring in revenue from advertising, it only covers the costs of our server, maintenance, and giveaways. However, that doesn’t stop us from keeping our staff happy.
Aside from being a driving force for one of the largest Simming Sites in the community, we also have some special benefits we like to give our staff from time to time.
• Free Games – Individuals who dedicate at least 3 months of their time to the site will receive each new Sims 4 Expansion Pack for free going forward. However, if your role is to create a comprehensive review of a new release, SimsVIP will ALWAYS provide you with a review copy.
• Sims 3 Store Content – From time to time we will gift you content from your TheSims3.com Wishlist as a way to say thanks for a job well done!
• Community Events – In the event that EA hosts a community event in your country, and SimsVIP is invited to the event, we are more than happy to volunteer you as an attendee for the event. Community events are a great load of fun, and we only ask that you bring us back some news and video! (SimsVIP does not reimburse travel expenses unless otherwise arranged)
• The Sims Swag – In the event we get our hands on a boat load of Sims Swag, we will be sure to send you some first!
If you’re interested in being a part of SimsVIP’s team, send us an email at [email protected] to inquire about the positions listed above.
We will review each application extensively and reply to you in a timely fashion. Thank you for your patience!