There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 07/14/2016 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
Nannies have arrived!
The nanny is now available to hire from the phone (Hire a Service, in the Career/Household menu). The nanny will take care of your little ones when you don’t have time to… they will play, mentor, and care for their needs.
Hired nannies will stay for up to 24 hours, or until dismissed. They do charge an hourly rate, but for the parent with a need for a nap, no price is too high.
Some smaller new’s
- Lights can now have their color and intensity modified per room. In addition to the “this light” and “all lights” option, you can now modify lights via the “this room” option.
- Changing outfits will now bring up a visual outfit picker to choose your Sims outfit.
- Click on the active Sim and choose “Outfits…” and then “Change Outfit…” – this will open up an outfit picker that you can choose from between all your available outfits on that Sim, or filter using the filter options in the dialog.
- No longer will you have to say “what was Everyday 4?” – Now you can see what each and every outfit is that you have created for your Sims.
And even smaller than small new’s
- You can now use the space bar to cycle between Sims in Create a Sim.
- You should now be able to complete the ‘Feed a Cowplant’ whim by feeding a Cowplant.
- Mounted fish with an emotional décor rating will now be able to have the emotional aura turned on and/or off.
- And now… a Grammar Corner moment…
- It turns out, that is an invalid use of the ‘and/or’ grammatical conjunction. As much as I believed the ‘/’ was a replacement for ‘or’ (thus resulting in the phrase being ‘and or or’) it is actually x or y or both (or… And or Or or And and Or).
- This Grammar Corner moment has been brought to you by The Internet. The Internet, serving brains for over 30 years.
- Sounds like a zombie café…
- We addressed an issue with “in progress” Sim inventory items (such as the songbook that is in your inventory when you are composing a piece of music) that allowed them to be dragged to the ‘sell this item’ option in the inventory panel, and resulted in a broken inventory state.
- Those items will no longer be draggable, and instead have an option that appears when clicked on them to remove them from the Sims inventory (if you so wish).
- Woodworking sculptures should now have a proper appearance when placed into your Sims inventory, and will no longer appear as a non-informative star, in a black and white circle.
- If your mom told you and your sibling to use the cup on the table,
- …and you both poured your OJ into the glass at the same time without realizing the other was also doing so,
- …then you might wonder what this has to do with texture space, and the problem caused by cfTop_EP01HoodieShortSleeve and cuShoes_SP07Sneakers.
- Let me just say, the hoodie asset will no longer cause the wrong color to appear on the heel of the sneakers asset.
- And you should always make sure your sibling isn’t pouring their OJ into your cup.
- We have addressed an issue with stacked rugs, where they were not respecting their sort order on non-active (your neighbor’s lot) lots.
- Rugs now remember their order no matter how you view them. Unless you are viewing them in a mirror, then they will be reverse vertical order but the same horizontal.
- Placing a Drink Tray on your lot will no longer satisfy the ‘Own a Bar’ goal for Sims with the mixologist aspiration.
- Curtains will now appear properly lit depending upon their interior or exterior placement, rather than as a result of the orientation of the window they are placed upon.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in see through walls.
- This had to do with the wallpaper disagreeing with the visibility state of the wall, and thus turning itself and the resulting part of the wall invisible.
- We fixed an issue that could result in male children not being able to change their eye color in Create a Sim.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the dancing shoes (unlocked at level 5 of dancing) to be non-wearable for some Sims.
- Children should now get social motive when being read to by an adult.
- Yes it was broken, and we fixed it’s “was broken” state, but then it’s “was broken is fixed” state was broken, and now it’s “was broken was fixed is broken” state is fixed.
- In case you were curious… “was broken was fixed was broken is fixed” is the resulting state.
- BTW… since we are on the subject, we also re-addressed an issue that was preventing relationship from being gained when chatting with other Sims on the Slablet.
- That issue is also “was broken was fixed was broken is fixed.”
Hope you have/had a happy July (if you’ve been following along up to this point… have or had or both July).