There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 184.108.40.2060/ Mac Version 220.127.116.110. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 09/27/2016 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Afternoon, Morning, and Evening Simmers! …in that exact order (but only if you are traveling West) We have just a quick content add for you, so without ado of a furthering type…
…the New Stuff
Some new stuff for your Sims to celebrate the Day of the Dead!
- …which technically isn’t until the end of October.
- … but they’re Sims. So, technically any day can be the end of October.
- I’m reminded of the famous quote, “Today will not be known as Taco Tuesday. It will be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!”
So you were saying, what’s new?
- A new recipe for Pan de Muerto is available under the Cook… interaction.
- Several new objects are available for your Sims to decorate their homes. Search for the term “Day of the Dead” in Buy Mode to find…
- Two new wall hangings, a table, some candles, and a sculpture.
- There are also several new outfits for your Sims in Create a Sim!
- Male and Female Sims have a new full body outfit, plus face makeup.
- Female Sims have a new hair, and Male Sims have a new hat.
- Children also have a new full body outfit and face makeup.
And since we are on the subject of October… turns out Oct 1st marks the end of a quarter… so, that’s a thing.
Also, the end of a quarter has ridges.
Did you know that if you are only looking at one side of a ridge, you can’t see the other side? But if you wait, and let yourself move forward… just a short bit, you might find yourself on the other side of the ridge, able to see more.
Is it better on the other side? It might be, but I suppose in the end it all depends on the perception of which side of the quarter you are looking from, and prefer.
And with that little bit of wisdom, I wish you a happy Release Tuesday!
-SimGuru “oh, what a week may change” Gnome
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” – RW
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is spending time in the kitchen learning how to make Pan de Muerto.]