There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 02/02/2017 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
Happy Anniversary Simmers! It was 16 years, 11 months, and 29 days ago that the Sims were born!! And we wanted to be the first to wish you all a Happy 16th11th29th Anniversary! Since then, there have been well over a 100 Sim births and deaths. 10s of homes built, and burned, and…Ok, look, they don’t actually give me any real stats. I’m sure I’m close though… somewhere within a light year of error… it’s all relative.
This little life-simulation game about telling stories, controlling lives, burning down kitchens, inviting the neighbors to hang out in your basement and then removing the doors, building amazing homes, and just watching their lives unfold as you tweak away, is now (almost) 17 years old, and we hope you have, had, and will have fun with The Sims!
With that, we have just a little new…
The Main Menu has gone through a small redressing.
Upon your next load, you will be met with a new, but hopefully familiar looking, Main Menu. The summary of changes being:
- Continue (the big play button), other than a location shift, functions exactly as it did
- New Game and Load Game have come down from their hidden corner, and are now found alongside the Continue button.
- Adding a household to an existing save is located on the Map view screen in the lower right
- The upper right menus have been simplified to only include Gallery and the Options menu
- And the lower left contains all the information you might want regarding packs.
We’ve also added a shirt (for toddlers and older) to celebrate the 17th anniversary (found in Create a Sim in the T-Shirt sort).
And we have a couple of critical issue fixes…
- We addressed an issue that could cause the baby to disappear upon age up.
- While this is joyous news for parents everywhere, this does pose a significant population issue in Neverland. And we can only wait out the potential pirate to lost boy gap, as it draws ever closer in the favor of the pirates.
- We addressed an issue that could result in toddlers being placed down through a wall, and outside of their home, if carried to use an object that was against an outer wall.
- Ask any parent, and they will tell you “Of course toddlers are magical!” Ask them again to place their toddlers through a wall, and they will yell at your ridiculous suggestion.
- It’s a two-faced world folks, and we’re just living in it.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a toddler to become stuck next to an elevator upon loading the lot.
- This fix will address future occurrences, however, to correct the issue in an already saved game, travel to another lot with the toddler and return.
- We addressed an out of sync voice and animation issue that was causing our Sims to be ever so slightly off.
- Had that early film feel, except without the cool fighting, or person in rubber monster suit scenes.
- Rental Lots can now have their lot type changed, and are no longer locked in Granite Falls.
- Club perks and points will no longer reset after loading into an unowned lot and then returning.
And with that… we wish you a happy journey with us on The Sims, and look forward to your machinima, blogs, tweets, posts, screens, and vids of all things Sims.