There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 06/01/2017 – PC Version 22.214.171.1240 / Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
Hello Simmers. Just a little tidying up today.
- If you see some blurry thumbnails in the new Load / Save menu, it’s not you. It’s us. Rest assured that save slots created after this little tidying episode will no longer have the issue. To clear up blurriness for existing saves, you’ll need to do a little magic to bring it back into focus:
- rub your eyes twice,
- wiggle your nose,
- resave your save game, then
- viola, all crisp and clear again!
- Despite not having the new pack, your stereo will no longer look like it’s playing loud music – even when it’s off.
- You can now alter alien disguises again with merry abandon.
- Really, you didn’t want the entire, long, sordid, intricate history of each of your relationships displayed? Ok. Ok. It’s back to how it was before….
Thanks everyone! Enjoy and be good to each other!