There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
UPDATE: 7/18/2017 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
We spent some time working on some of the hot community issues out there. Each of these issues below were requested by folks in our community (except for one).
Hopefully we touched upon something for you, or even better, you haven’t run into any of these. But if you have, or you’re just curious, then these issues are for you.
- Sims will no longer restart writing a book from the beginning, after you have saved and loaded the lot.
- Oh… if only. I’ve been on the same 3 pages of my novel for 15 years now.
- “Watch Current Channel” and “Watch TV Together” are BACK baby! You can once again choose to sit down with your family, friends, strangers, and watch the current channel or together as a group!
- We fixed an issue that could cause female Sims to remain wearing a pink bra when taking a shower.
- Wait… I’m sorry. The issue is that the mosaic censor grid will no longer have hints of mosaic pink in it?
- Ok. So, just for clarity, the censor grid pink, that was showing in the mosaic, will no longer be present?
- I feel so conflicted with this note.
- Lots downloaded to “My Library” from the Gallery should no longer find that various thumbnails have gone missing.
- Sims with the Kleptomaniac trait should no longer place items they have stolen into the inventories of the Sim they stole the items from.
- I feel as though the story of Robin was lost in translation.
- Sims will no longer autonomously donate money to charity.
- But they still feel good about doing it.
- Throwing a Birthday Party will help to fulfil the Throw 3 Parties aspiration goal of the Party Animal Aspiration.
Get To Work
- “Interrogate Suspect” has been removed from the interrogation table during the tutorial APB event as it didn’t do anything.
- Your Sim should no longer get the Unable to Propose dialog when attempting to propose to Sims who are not employed by the proposing Sim.
- Now if they don’t want to marry you, they’ll just tell ya.
- “Oooh, I would totally marry you, but my job… yea. It’s crunch time, we got a deadline. Oh, and my boss, real hard a-yea don’t get me started. And, I gotta work Saturdays too. Maybe next time.”
- Medicine can now be set for sale in retail stores.
- Sims without license selling medicine. This seems fine.
- Sims who reach level 8 in the Doctor career should now find that pregnant Sims are actually coming to the hospital to complete the Deliver a Baby promotion task.
- C’mon honey, your pregnant, and it’s time to go to the hospital.
- Nope? But, you’re… pregnant… and… it’s time.
- Nope. Rather have my pregnancy off lot.
- Off what?
- Off lot, you know off camera, no pain, no animation. No baby… and then *pop* baby. So much nicer than labor.
- But they fixed the issue.
- They did WHAT?!
- If you chose to wear ymHair_EP01ShortSwept and set your head shape to ymCompleteHead_09, and you look deeply into the eyes of your creation… you could see the hair under the skin near the eyes. This is now fixed.
- The Regulation Station now has a Reliability value displayed in its tooltip, and the winning number is…. SIX!
- Come on down, it’s time for the Price Is… this by the way was “the one”.
- “Play Darts With…” more than one Sim should now work, and no longer leave the Sims standing around looking awkwardly at one another.
- You gonna throw?
- Lost a toe.
- Yep, *schtick* toe gone.
- So… you wanna play some b-ball?
- Lost an eye.
- The dance interaction can once again be performed on a Dance Floor when there is a stereo playing music nearby.
- Start Yard Sale and Stop Yard Sale now indicate they are instant actions in the pie menu with the circle in a circle icon.
- I think the poor guy visiting me was really confused as I instantly started and stopped my yard sale 20 times in a row…
- He kept looking at me with that “Is this wooden horse for sale or not!?” look in his eye. It’s a very specific look. You don’t run into it much.
- But when you do…. wooh… you’ll never forget the “is this horse for sale” look.
- When you learn the 27th of 27 recipes, we will no longer congratulate you for learning the 26th of the 27 recipes, but instead we will congratulate for learning all 27 of the 27 recipes.
- Vegetarian Sims that received the message that says “WOAH! Your Sim has discovered a delicious alternative to meat products! Who knew that a meal could still have the familiar meat taste without the meat?” will no longer again receive the message each time they travel.
- Sims with the active trait should no longer attempt “Close Shot” and “Dream Big” interactions on the basketball hoop every waking second of the day. This has been tuned down significantly.
- In order to meet the needs of our Vegetarian Sims, The Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue Generating Cooler now offers a Faux BLT selection.
- As the slogan says, “Faux B, if it’s fo-everyone, it’s Faux B.”
- Sims should now sit when they play the console game if there is an available seat nearby.
- Obviously… have you ever tried to rocket jump standing up, the balance to weight ratio of the stick to foot differential completely messes with the timing.
- Top-level restaurant chefs should no longer cook poor quality food.
- The Draught of Reconfiguration and Vampire Resistance Cocktail drinks will no longer have two drink options in the pie menu.
- Sims should once again be able to Plan their Wedding Event with a Vampire Sim.
- Is marriage to a vampire considered a wedding or a funeral? One of you is dead after all.
- Ok, ok… let’s not get into the dead vs undead debate.
- Vampires can now date.
- Technically – as for your determination of their date-ability, well, that’s on you.
- I wish you a happy twilight, and a merry nosferatu.
Happy Summer Simmers,
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is enjoying a nice game of ‘Don’t Wake the Llama’]