Lyndsay Pearson, Executive Producer to The Sims 4, has released an official blog on The Sims 4 for consoles. She goes over details of the game, and confirms that The Sims 4 will be regularly updated like the PC Version of the game.
Console players rejoice! The Sims™ 4 is coming to XBOX One and PlayStation® 4 this November 17, 2017! Whether you prefer console or PC, you’ll soon be able to share your Sims stories no matter your platform of choice.
And it is an exciting time to get into The Sims 4. Since our initial launch on PC, we have made several updates to the base game, ranging from the addition of Ghosts and Pools, to New Careers, Half-Walls, and Dishwashers! Not to mention, we also added the world of Newcrest, to give your Sims space to continue to grow; overhauled the Create a Sim tool, to provide expanded gender customization options; and most recently, added Toddlers as a new playable life state! All of these great updates will be available to you at launch when you play The Sims 4 on console.
It won’t stop there either! Upon The Sims 4’s release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November, Maxis and the team at Blind Squirrel Games plan on revisiting our current lineup of extra DLC to bring over some of the best experiences to console on a regular basis, but we plan to start providing players periodic game updates that mirrors some of the latest content we’ve released for PC, delivering new features, and continuing to improve your game experience.
Ready to jump right in and play with life? Starting today, pre-order The Sims™ 4 on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 to get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff* featuring hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor. Yep, you read that right; from now until November 17, 2017, when you pre-order the physical or digital version of The Sims 4 on console, you will receive a digital code to download The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack at launch.
Looking for even more fun? Pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 , and you will not only get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff at launch, but extra perks and exciting content* including:
• Early Access, get up to 3 days of early access to the full game;
• Life of the Party Digital Content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims;
• Up All Night Digital Content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes;
• Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off.
To recap, while the worldwide console release will be on November 17, 2017 there are a few ways to play The Sims 4 on console, including:
• Joining EA Access** to unlock early access via the Play First Trial starting November 9;
• Getting The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition to enjoy early access starting November 14;
• Getting The Sims 4 Standard Edition to experience the game at worldwide launch on November 17.
For those of you that are attending Gamescom in Cologne, The Sims 4 console will be hands on for the first time on the show floor in the Family & Friends Zone in Hall 10.2 from August 22, 2017 – August 26, 2017.