There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
UPDATE: 8/22/2017 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…
…on to the issues.
- Unlocking the Beloved Trait for the second time should no longer cause the first unlocked Beloved Trait to fail to function.
- Highlander-esque code has been cut off from the top… there can be only… more than one really.
- Sad Sims once again look sad and not worried when they express their sadness.
- “E’en the most gifted bard’s rhyme can only sing but to the lack of her and all she isn’t. His tongue doth trip-“ -Gustave
- You will now get a notification warning you that your baby will be taken away if you neglect them.
- ou horrible horrible person…
- …not that we’re judging. Perhaps it was just a busy day…
- …and you had the sound off.
- … and you wanted to finish a painting.
- We at Maxis will never judge…
- ….you horrible person.
- Clothing color swatches that are already highlighted in the panel will now apply to the Sim in Create a Sim when clicked on.
- The quick meals previously added for toddlers are now also available for all ages.
- Because who doesn’t like a bowl of applesauce.
- If it were really a sauce, why do we eat it by itself?
- I’m looking at you salsa drinkers.
- Nannies, butlers, and maids should no longer stand idle for long periods of time after cleaning a toy box.
- We addressed an issue with the Make Happy cheat. It will once again fulfill the motives of the target Sim, and not the active Sim.
- Children, when told to play with a toy, will no longer grab a toy, pull it out, play with it for less than a brief moment, and then place it in their inventory. They will now play with the toy for a reasonable period of time.
- Tell a child to play with their toys? You there, small child, stop scrubbing the floors and go play with your toys. I swear, kids these days, it’s all work work work… why back in my day, we used to play with a ball uphill, both ways, barefoot in the grassy fields, with the sun shining brightly on our faces, as a gentle breeze kept our brow cool.
- Auto light settings will now properly save even if bills are currently delinquent.
- Lights should no longer revert to their default intensity after setting the lights to auto-lights.
- Children will no longer be able to purchase the beguiling reward trait.
- Listen Deeply is now available on the stereo for music lovers whether they have Get to Work installed or not.
- Addressed an issue that would result in some glasses clipping with the Sims faces, in particular yuAcc_GlassesXLoPStar, yuAcc_GlassesSP05RoundLarge, and yfAcc_GlassesMod.
- Singing at a Karaoke Machine for an hour, will now complete the Sing at the Karaoke Bar city event goal.
- An hour of singing Karaoke? Ok, I’m not sure what is worse… the notification that I neglected my baby, or singing Karaoke for an hour.
- Masculine Sims in the Politics Career will now always wear shoes when going to work.
- I KNEW IT, those podiums are so obfuscating!
- Sims should no longer get the Spicy Burn buff when they have the Spice Hound reward trait.
- Users will now receive the proper amount of Simoleons when setting markup to 200% while selling at a yard sale.
- Sims in a club with the club rule “Watch Movies” will now watch movies.
- Welcome to Movie Club, we’re just about ready to watch…
- Yea, don’t care.
- Ok, so we get together, watch movies, and then talk…
- ep, great, where’s the food?
- Right, so ok, um, there’s food in the kitchen, help yourself, and if you could clean up…
- The club perk to give a bonus to your Singing Skill is back.
Get to Work
- The “Known Alien” relationship will no longer appear twice in the relationship panel.
- The Retail Hours timer will now correctly state how long the store has been open… rather than just always showing zero.
- Ok, so it’s payday. Let’s see how long you worked this week? Ok… so the store didn’t open this week, so nothing.
- But I worked all week.
- Yea, I’m seeing a zero here. So, we’ll see you next week then? Same time. Good.
- To midnight most days…
- … I missed my own birthday…
- … my grandma died of laughter while I was at work…
- … they took away my baby.
- A light brown color swatch has been added to yf/ymHair_GP05MedStraight.
- You can now use the Bring Here interaction on household vampires when they are not currently on the active lot.
- …because the interaction is now present.
- Vampires can now complete the Get into a Fight whim with the vampire fight interactions.
- Fights with vampires now count towards the Get Into 5 Fights goal of the Public Enemy aspiration.
- Vampires will no longer pretend to be asleep after midnight when you attempt to call them, they will now answer your call.
- Every time… right when I sneak in for dinner.
- Vampire Sims can now be selected as guests and as the birthday Sim during Birthday parties set during the daytime.
- Note: Daytime invite of vampires may result in minor to severe sun burning, and possibly even death.
- Note: Nighttime invite of vampires may result in minor to severe undeath.
- Vlad is now able to turn Sims he has a friendly relationship with into a vampire when offering the gift of eternal life.
- But, I thought we were buds?
- Choosing The Winged Imp Gargoyle’s black swatch will now select the color black.
- Fixed an issue that could leave two vampire Sims at speed 3 after woohoo.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Sims wearing random clothing rather than a towel, when changing into a towel at the gym.
- Updated the choker necklace to appear when worn with yfTop_SP11HoodieCropBand and yfTop_SP11TankCroppedWrap.
- Sims should now choose to bowl at underground bowling lanes… If you were to build an underground bowling alley.
- Where were you last night?
- I was at… the… club.
- You were at the underground bowling alley… weren’t you!?
- No… it was the… dance club.
- Why are you wearing a blue and pink polyester shirt that says Bubbas Bowling League?
- It was polyester shirt night?
- Butlers will remember who they are working for, even if you load a different household to play.
- No madam, my name is Binks madam.
- But he was taking care of the baby!
- I’m sorry madam, but there is this notification.
- Butlers should no longer appear in your list to hire a butler if that butler was formerly fired.
- Sims fingers should no longer deform oddly when wearing ymTop_SP03DenimShirt.
Thank you to our players, our community, finders of issues, organizers of chaos, creators, builders, and storytellers everywhere. Most sincerely,