There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 09/12/2017 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
Ok, it’s a little early to jump into the pet puns… sure it’s been ruff, but if we all keep trying to hold on to that feline, I’m sure we can mutt’le through. Just a little bite longer, before you too can fetch your very own pets. O – kay? Nine… eight… ah, a countdown just breeds melan-collie… So instead, let’s all raise a hound of appawse, and heel in for a few issues we retrieved, and try to think pawsitively until pets is pup and running!
New Create a Sim assets:
- For adults – a hair, necklace, jacket, and pants, full body outfit, and top.
- For children – a top, and bottom
- Some architectural pieces – fence, chimney, 2 windows, and an awning.
- And some objects – a mirror, bed, chair, living chair, sofa, potted plant, and a duck.
- Yes… a duck, it’s wooden.
We have also made some small Gallery changes. When you are viewing the catalog details page for a catalog item in the Gallery:
- The comments section will always be visible on the right side.
- The catalog information will always be visible on the left.
- And Information about what packs are used by the catalog item will now be found along the top of the information and comments section.
- We addressed an issue…
- We addressed an issue? Really… how many times have you used the phrase we addressed an issue? Stop addressing them and fix…
- Woah, woah… we can’t use that word.
- You can’t use the word “fix”?
- Not when pets are just around the corner.
- *sigh* As I was saying, WE ADDRESSED AN ISSUE that would cause an incorrect save to appear in the load menu, if you cancelled a Save As action or used Save As to overwrite an existing save.
- We’re done here
- We fixed an issue that was preventing Sims from autonomously using the television if they did not own Movie Hangout Stuff.
- I have decided not to add anything more to this issue in order to make the reading of these notes quick and easy, without padding any extra space by just randomly talking about nothing in parti…
- Oh shh…
- We have improved the visuals around the ball pit.
- The ball pit itself looks exactly like it did, we just made the area around the ball pit look better?
- We made the area around the ball pit look worse?
- No, we improved the visuals of the ball pit.
- Why did you say around?
- It’s a common phrase… like killing time.
- How could you?!
- Toddlers will now be able to autonomously cancel their use of the ball pit if they chose to play within it autonomously.
Get to Work
- The Be Prepared Security Gate can now be placed on tall, small, and in all between fence sizes.
- The Tree in a Box now has category tags properly associated with it.
- Sims with the isWeirdo and is CityRepair hidden traits will now properly age if they have been added to your family…
- …via marriage, adoption, squatting, cheating, osmosis, merging, incorporation, bonding, bunching together, teaming up, tagging in, or any other means of joining, going in league with, wedding, binding, banding, plugging in, hooking up, fusing, coupling, associating, blending, joining the same bracket, or just tacking things together.
Thanks again for your time and mastiff amounts of feedback,
-SimGuru “the pet puns are only going to get worse” Gnome
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who was put in a corner in the ballpit for all the terrible puns.