There’s a new Sims 4 PC update available via Origin. If you have auto updates enabled in “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC 184.108.40.2060 / Mac 220.127.116.110. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Version PC 18.104.22.1680 / Mac 22.214.171.1240
- You may have been perplexed when you noticed that you couldn’t read anymore. Weird, right? Well just as mysteriously as the ability disappeared, it’s back. Try it, I promise you can do it now.
- If you lost things when switching a household in an apartment in the same building, we blame naughty gremlins in the machine… It won’t happen again.
- When you throw a social event, attendees will now do their part to complete communal events.
- Serums work as advertised.
- In case you forgot your fish’s name, the fish bowl tooltip will now remind you.
If you had encountered the issue with your stuff getting deleted in apartments, and saved after that, you will need to re-purchase all the items you lost. Today's patch will not return lost items.
— SimGuruNick (@SimGuruNick) March 20, 2018